Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
!! UPDATE !! Im having a few issues since the last DJI GO 4 update
1874 21 2017-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3896588 ft
United States

Hey guys,
Im having a few issues since the last DJI GO 4 update,
#1...Interference, flashing green screen, screen cycling.
#2...Wind warning, never saw this before
#3...High CPU usage, never saw this before
#4...IMU error, never saw this before
#5...Sync flight records fail, cannot sync flight records, never saw this before
I deleted the app and reinstalled, no help.
I check in settings ipad storage 6.2 GB used of 16 GB, CPU usage should be fine ??
Any ideas ??
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Did you try to change a device? When did you get those messages? Did those error messages appear frequently? Please tell me the version of your app and the system of your ios.
2017-10-24
Use props
Drone Man
Second Officer
United States

Thank you for the reply,
To answer most of your questions, I hadn't flown for a while so when I powered up on October 3rd I saw the update notification and I updated,
I have not changed my device, using a ipad mini,
Error messages appear every flight, multiple times per flight,
im out of town till this weekend, ll get the rest of the info you requested and post this weekend. Until the October 3rd update my P4 was flawless.
Thank you !!

2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Drone Man Posted at 2017-10-24 03:05
Thank you for the reply,
To answer most of your questions, I hadn't flown for a while so when I powered up on October 3rd I saw the update notification and I updated,
I have not changed my device, using a ipad mini,

Thank you for your feedback. If the app flashing green, please check if the original video from the SD will also have this issue, if no, then it could be the environment issue, please try to fly in a wide place with less interference, switch the mobile device to aeroplane mode,  or if you have another mobile device, please also try it.
Wind warning: when the drone detects that the current wind speed is higher than 6 m/s, please note that the wind speed mentioned above is not the wind speed on the ground, but the one in the air. Avoid flying the drone when there is a strong wind.
The CPU overload message: iPad or mobile device will get hot when it runs the DJI GO app when the CPU of your mobile device runs at a high speed. We recommend that you avoid the direct sunlight, do not set the highest stream of transmission if possible, use a controller monitor hood or stand in the shade.
IMU error: please try to calibrate the IMU.
Failure of syncronizing: please check if your internet is enabled to DJI GO 4 app, it seems like internet issue.
Besides, may I know which generation is your iPad mini? Coz the first generation is not on the support device list, so it might be the compatible issue that causes most of the issues you mentioned above. Please try another device with a strong performance and see if it works.
2017-10-24
Use props
Drone Man
Second Officer
United States

Good morning Thor,
Thanks for the reply,
To answer your questions,
The green screen is not on the video, video quality is excellent.
As for the environment, I did the Oct 3rd update while on vacation and flew at an empty beach,
since then I have flown at my house  and in the desert west of Albuquerque where I have NEVER experienced any issues,
Green screen and cycling screen has persisted during every flight since the Oct 3rd update.
I thought of the "airplane mode" thing and tried it in both modes, no help.
Wind warning, understood.
As for the CPU over load and the ipad getting hot, I don't think so,
I have NEVER experienced my ipad getting hot, I handle it every time after a flight and heat is not an issue.
We are in cool weather now and my equipment does not "bake" in direct sunlight.
I did cal the IMU and it worked for a while then recently I received the IMU cal message again.
My ipad does connect with the internet no problem,
I conducted an experiments to see if the interference was something other than my P4,
1st flight my Samsung S8 phone was on and sitting in the chair next to me while I flew,
2nd flight I turned my phone off,
3rd flight I unplugged my home wifi,
INTERFERENCE PERSISTED ON ALL THREE FLIGHTS.
So my conclusion is the last update I did is the cause of this glitch.
I am using an original ipad mini, I'm at work right now so I can't give you a model number,
but it is an older mini, please keep in mind until the Oct 3rd update this ipad and P4 functioned flawlessly.
Please tell me I can still use this ipad mini that I have been using for years with DJI Go 4,
I really don't want to buy another ipad.  
2017-10-24
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
First Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Green screen is likely your iPad is getting too old to run the system well.  My iPad Air 2 was working okay for most of the year until whatever summer updates happened to both firmware and GO 4 where it green and black screens a lot.  You can try slowing down the video transmisson cache, but probably time to upgrade.

So my solution was to go to a new iPad Pro 10.5" with the faster A10X processor this past week, and it's also connected to the internet.  I'd be lying to say it is plu-perfect as I do get an occasional green bar or black bar at times so even it is not perfect, or GO 4 has really grown beyond what these handheld devices can handle.  GO alone is far too big for an app in my opinion and taxing the iOS system, and it also took forever to download and install in the new iPad Pro verses other apps like Autopilot, etc.  There is also the possibility of the iPad being updated to iOS 11.0.3 as well but don't know.  The Apple Store where I got it (With iOS 10.x) says there are some issues with 11 but were not specific as to what they are.

Fwiw, my Samsung devices are all over the place as to whether or not they will work with GO 4.  Sometimes they never connect, and then Goggle or Samsung will install something and they might work for a while, and later fail to connect to GO 4 at all.  Sometimes unplugging and re-plugging them in works so I suspect it is some charging/data USB snafu.  The Apple stuff seems to work more consistently as Apple leaves their iOS alone longer, imho, without the matter of the Android devices getting messed up with either the carrier, Samsung, or Google 'fixing and patching' the OS.
2017-10-24
Use props
Drone Man
Second Officer
United States

fansa84fe8a4 Posted at 2017-10-24 06:38
Green screen is likely your iPad is getting too old to run the system well.  My iPad Air 2 was working okay for most of the year until whatever summer updates happened to both firmware and GO 4 where it green and black screens a lot.  You can try slowing down the video transmisson cache, but probably time to upgrade.

So my solution was to go to a new iPad Pro 10.5" with the faster A10X processor this past week, and it's also connected to the internet.  I'd be lying to say it is plu-perfect as I do get an occasional green bar or black bar at times so even it is not perfect, or GO 4 has really grown beyond what these handheld devices can handle.  GO alone is far too big for an app in my opinion and taxing the iOS system, and it also took forever to download and install in the new iPad Pro verses other apps like Autopilot, etc.  There is also the possibility of the iPad being updated to iOS 11.0.3 as well but don't know.  The Apple Store where I got it (With iOS 10.x) says there are some issues with 11 but were not specific as to what they are.

Yeah Im thinking a new mini 4.
Is there a way to go back to the previous IOS
on my mini ??
2017-10-24
Use props
CARLOSARINCONG1
lvl.1
Venezuela

Im having a few issues DJI GO 4. The app disconnects from the drone
2. The app fails the image is frozen as in the photo
3. Video image of app blinks
Usando telefonos
Huawei P7 L12
Xiaomi redmi 2
and also the drone remains unstable during the flight

KakaoTalk_20171024_085919004.jpg

2017-10-24
Use props
Drone Man
Second Officer
United States

Hey guys,
I have an update,
DJI Thor was correct about the ipad being PART of the issue,
I replaced my ipad mini 2 which was purchased in Oct 2015 with a new ipad mini 4,
Here are the results after four flights 10,000' out and back;
#1...Interference, flashing green screen, screen cycling is 95% fixed,
I'm thinking what I'm seeing right now normal.
#2...High CPU usage message is gone.
#3...IMU error is still at start up but does not reappear after that.
Before the last update I NEVER saw a IMU error, ever.
#4...Sync flight records fail, cannot sync flight records. I still cannot sync flight records,
I checked my interned at 104 megs and I also just purchased a new Mavic Platinum
and did all the updates no problem. Plus I downloaded DJI GO 4 onto the new mini 4
with no problem, there is not an issue with my internet. Its the update.
I now have a new problem, my range is down, I used to be able to fly consistently
out to 12k' and 14k' with no problem, now 10k' is about the max, keeping in mind
my test flight routes are  the same as many, many flights I've flown in the past.
In conclusion the update I did on Oct 3rd was just enough to push my mini 2 to its limits,
So the devise issue is answered, however there are still issues with this update that I'm hoping
DJI knows about and will correct in the next update.
Of course I'm still a huge DJI fan, no flaming or bashing here just my experience with
the current DJI Go 4 app.
2017-10-28
Use props
Aardvark
Captain
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone Man Posted at 2017-10-28 03:32
Hey guys,
I have an update,
DJI Thor was correct about the ipad being PART of the issue,

You could try V4.1.15 which was released today, that may resolve some problems.
2017-10-28
Use props
Drone Man
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-10-28 09:30

Thanks,
Ill check it out.
2017-10-29
Use props
Drone Man
Second Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-10-28 09:30

So I just had a chance to check for that update,
Im on 4.1.14
As of Oct 29th 09:00 Mountain time there is no 4.1.15 update.
2017-10-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Drone Man Posted at 2017-10-29 07:10
So I just had a chance to check for that update,
Im on 4.1.14
As of Oct 29th 09:00 Mountain time there is no 4.1.15 update.

Hi DroneMan. I know I'm coming in late on this, but I can confirm that despite the compatibility guide offered by DJI that the iPad Mini 2 does Not have the CPU processing capacity for video decoding with the latest branch of GO4 (v4.1.x). Similar with iPhone 5. Minimum now appears to be the A8X CPU. GO4 works the CPU hard and creates the heat, dropping video at peak points of demand.

I can also confirm that Litchi does not have the processing demands of GO4 and appears to operate fine. Regardless, you'd probably want to upgrade you iPad for other reasons now...

The High Wind warning has also been reported by many with this branch release. Unsure if it's accurate or whether the warning threshold has simply been made more sensitive. Same with the IMU Warming message, although that appears to have been introduced around v4.1.12. For the latter, you would have worked out by now that you just need to wait (I do anyway, as I never take off without GPS and Home Point reported as being set).
2017-10-29
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Can someone sort this out for me?  I'm on 4.1.10 and both devices say there is not new updates to be had.
I'm using Android devices in the USA, so does any of that have anything to do with it???

Edit: Just to be sure, I checked the Google App Store and only 4.1.10 is available for download
2017-10-29
Use props
Drone Man
Second Officer
United States

Hey guys,
I just flew my P4 from my driveway North, it disconnected at 5800' and returned to home.
Yesterday I was able to get it out to 10000'
Exactly 6 minutes later I flew my new Mavic on the exact same flight path, my Mavic went out to 15000' like it was a walk in the park.
My P4 has become almost useless.
2017-10-29
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Drone Man Posted at 2017-10-29 14:46
Hey guys,
I just flew my P4 from my driveway North, it disconnected at 5800' and returned to home.

I've done 23 070 feet with my P4 without anything just a factory antennas with original remote controller
2017-10-29
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

How in the world do ya'll get that kind of range?
2017-10-29
Use props
Drone Man
Second Officer
United States

Vendex Posted at 2017-10-29 14:59
I've done 23 070 feet with my P4 without anything just a factory antennas with original remote controller

My best with my P4 is 20120',
Now after recents updates to firmware and the app, no joy.
2017-10-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Drone Man Posted at 2017-10-29 14:46
Hey guys,

Bummer. But on the up-side, your RTH works...

Have to say that, while my P4 appears to be flying better with the Beta now, transmission reliability has decreased also. I had to cut my last flight short because I couldn't even get the P4 100m away without random disconnects (using iPhone 7). The disconnects were just short enough to prevent an RTH, but long enough for you to wonder if it was flying straight into a high tree. My P4P flying next to it flew to 500m away without a hitch.
2017-10-29
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Drone Man Posted at 2017-10-29 15:20
My best with my P4 is 20120',
Now after recents updates to firmware and the app, no joy.

I've done this range with latest .600 beta firmware version for P4 ;)
2017-10-30
Use props
J-Man
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61381 ft

United States

Drone Man Posted at 2017-10-24 06:59
Yeah Im thinking a new mini 4.
Is there a way to go back to the previous IOS
on my mini ??

I have a brand new iPad mini 4, 128gb... I am having the same problem! I get about 1300 distance and BAM green glitchy screen and slow responses. I have a P4P new July 2017, not to happy with this issue. That is NOT even 1/2 a mile
2017-10-30
Use props
Vendex
First Officer
  • >>>
Bulgaria

J-Man Posted at 2017-10-30 15:07
I have a brand new iPad mini 4, 128gb... I am having the same problem! I get about 1300 distance and BAM green glitchy screen and slow responses. I have a P4P new July 2017, not to happy with this issue. That is NOT even 1/2 a mile

Find some place with low radio signals interference and be sure to point your RC antennas properly
2017-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules