( solved ) Hard reset Phantom 4 pro controller (by buttons)
48136 39 2017-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davawt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4885 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Hi there,
Could someone explain how to reset a Phantom 4 Pro RC + controller, using buttons.
Thanks for reading, bye
davawt
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Is there any issue of your RC? You can reset the RC of P4P+ via DJI GO and DJI Assistant 2.
2017-10-24
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-24 20:10
Is there any issue of your RC? You can reset the RC of P4P+ via DJI GO and DJI Assistant 2.

Hi Susan,
No everything is Ok I have ordered a New one from DJI UK, but with-out a display.
I was just going to try a hard reset on the old one (with display) but did not know how.
I should receive the new one Thursday, (tomorrow)
Thank you for all your help, bye
davawt
2017-10-24
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 231014 ft
South Africa

How do you do it on the normal p4p controller?
2017-10-25
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Teckoldt Posted at 2017-10-25 06:54
How do you do it on the normal p4p controller?

Sorry I never got to know, I just bought a replacement. mine was not bought from a (Real) DJI dealer so not covered. Lesson to be learnt and I have learnt it well. I think if you reply to Susan's answer she may get back to you, just click the reply word at the bottom of her message.
bye
davawt
2017-10-25
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
South Africa

How do you do a hard reset on a normal p4p remote.
2017-10-26
Use props
Teckoldt
lvl.2
South Africa

2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Teckoldt Posted at 2017-10-26 21:53

You can hold the three bars on the right side of DJI GO 4 for 10 seconds to refresh the firmware. Alternatively, you can turn on the RC, hold C1, C2, and the record button, then turn off and turn on the RC again to check.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

davawt Posted at 2017-10-24 23:55
Hi Susan,
No everything is Ok I have ordered a New one from DJI UK, but with-out a display.
I was just going to try a hard reset on the old one (with display) but did not know how.

Thanks for clarification. Should there is any further more questions, feel free to contact us.
2017-10-28
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-28 02:25
Thanks for clarification. Should there is any further more questions, feel free to contact us.

Thanks Susan for all your help on the forum, and sorry about this delay in replying, I am now considering a nice set of DJI goggles in the very near future, mainly for my Inspire 1.v2 but will be trying them on the Phantom 4 Pro and if they work on the Spark.
bye
davawt
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

davawt Posted at 2017-10-29 13:41
Thanks Susan for all your help on the forum, and sorry about this delay in replying, I am now considering a nice set of DJI goggles in the very near future, mainly for my Inspire 1.v2 but will be trying them on the Phantom 4 Pro and if they work on the Spark.
bye
davawt

DJI Goggles are compatible with Inspire 1, P4P and Spark. You can have a try.
DJI Goggles.png
2017-10-30
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-30 04:54
DJI Goggles are compatible with Inspire 1, P4P and Spark. You can have a try.

Thanks Susan,
Looks like Spark & Phantom have some control but Inspire maybe only view.
I am very interested in the Spark & the Phantom 4 pro anyway, as I am still using the Inspire to train my brother.
I will be ordering those Goggles real soon.
Thanks again Susan for your help, bye
davawt
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

davawt Posted at 2017-10-30 12:49
Thanks Susan,
Looks like Spark & Phantom have some control but Inspire maybe only view.
I am very interested in the Spark & the Phantom 4 pro anyway, as I am still using the Inspire to train my brother.

My pleasure. Wish you can receive it soon. Do not forget to share with us your experience.
2017-10-31
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-31 00:28
My pleasure. Wish you can receive it soon. Do not forget to share with us your experience.

Hi Susan,
I will hopefully receive the Goggles, The Bag, The OTG USB cable, The HDMI adapter Friday 3/11/17
I will try to get back to you when I can,
Thanks again for your help. bye
davawt
2017-11-2
Use props
fansacd3b5d2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 667159 ft

Ireland

Hi Susan, Was upgrading RC Hardware and  something went wrong, cannot connect RC any more.  Have tried hard reset.  Screen shows my equipment as Inspire 1 although I have a P4P  Firmware Version shows 1.2.0.12  Downgrade Firmware to 1.6.0 shown in box.  Nothing seem to be happening when I try to downgrade.  The status light on the RC is White.  Any assistance would be appreciated
2017-11-5
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansacd3b5d2 Posted at 2017-11-5 13:40
Hi Susan, Was upgrading RC Hardware and  something went wrong, cannot connect RC any more.  Have tried hard reset.  Screen shows my equipment as Inspire 1 although I have a P4P  Firmware Version shows 1.2.0.12  Downgrade Firmware to 1.6.0 shown in box.  Nothing seem to be happening when I try to downgrade.  The status light on the RC is White.  Any assistance would be appreciated

Hi, the Inspire works with the DJI Go app but the P4P works with the DJI Go 4 app.
Re-check which app you are using. Hope this helps until Susan is free to contact you, bye
davawt
2017-11-5
Use props
davawt
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansacd3b5d2 Posted at 2017-11-5 13:40

Hi, the Inspire 1 works with the DJI Go app but the P4P works with the DJI Go 4 app.
Re-check which app you are using. Hope this helps until Susan is free to contact you, bye
davawt
2017-11-5
Use props
fansacd3b5d2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-31 00:28

Hi Susan, Was upgrading RC Hardware and  something went wrong, cannot connect RC any more.  
Have tried hard reset.  Screen shows my equipment as N/A
Firmware Version : N/A  
Downgrade Firmware to (Loading)  
No firmware available to downgrade.  
The status light on the RC is solid White with battery level indicator blinking.  It only takes one push of the button to switch on RC.   
I sometimes get a screen  with DJI 4 >> DJI  icons with Equipment Inspire 1 showing underneath.  At the bottom of the screen there is th word GO.  When I press it looks to install DJI GO.
Any assistance would be appreciated
2017-11-6
Use props
fansacd3b5d2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

davawt Posted at 2017-11-5 13:52
Hi, the Inspire 1 works with the DJI Go app but the P4P works with the DJI Go 4 app.
davawt

Thanks davawt,  Have DJI 4 installed.  seems to be a possible wrong firmware installation issue.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansacd3b5d2 Posted at 2017-11-6 08:55
Thanks davawt,  Have DJI 4 installed.  seems to be a possible wrong firmware installation issue.

Sorry for the late response. Double check, have your issue been figured out or not?
2017-11-10
Use props
fansacd3b5d2
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-10 05:38
Sorry for the late response. Double check, have your issue been figured or not?

Hi Susan,  Yes problem resolved left it in with IT pros and they reinstalled firmware.  Thanks
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansacd3b5d2 Posted at 2017-11-15 08:11
Hi Susan,  Yes problem resolved left it in with IT pros and they reinstalled firmware.  Thanks

My pleasure. Should there is any further questions, please contact us anytime.
2017-11-20
Use props
AzureAerial
New
Flight distance : 124436 ft
United States

fansacd3b5d2 Posted at 2017-11-15 08:11

How did you get the problem fixed? I'm having the exact same problem.
2017-12-5
Use props
SHWhite
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-11-10 05:38
Sorry for the late response. Double check, have your issue been figured out or not?

Hi Susan - I also have this exact same issue. Fansacd3b5d2 mentioned that they solved the issue with a reinstallation of the firmware on the controller. How would I do that without the DJ Go 4 app?
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SHWhite Posted at 2017-12-24 12:57
Hi Susan - I also have this exact same issue. Fansacd3b5d2 mentioned that they solved the issue with a reinstallation of the firmware on the controller. How would I do that without the DJ Go 4 app?

Which mobile do you use and what's the current aircraft, controller and APP version? Please turn off the RC, hold the C1, C2, Record button and toggle the ISO dial at the same time, then turn on the RC, and connect it with APP to update from overall status.
2017-12-25
Use props
Curtisb
New
United States

Hi Susan, I recently tried to complete a firmware update on my RC for P4P and now I can't proceed: After turning on [1st screen] Terms of use > "I agree" > ""Authorize DJI To Access Your Information" > select all three toggles and press "Next" > SCREEN FREEZES. I have tried a hard reset as you described ion this thread but screen remains frozen!?!  THANKS!  
2019-1-27
Use props
Sid0601
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12881847 ft
  • >>>
Moldova

hi all, i couldnt find here the answer on the question how to make a reset by buttons on GL300e? DJI assistant 2 doesnt see the RC even on my friends PC. (PC sees the RC) To make factory reset through dji go app - i cant.
2019-1-29
Use props
Eagle Eye Ug
lvl.1
Uganda

Hi, my P4P controller not linking with P4P+ drone. I tried the usual method of linking them yet just doesn’t pair.

What could I do further to make it link ?

Can someone help me. Thanx in advance.
2019-4-22
Use props
Vladislav2019
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31194 ft
Russia

Hello. I really need help. The Phanton 4 remote requires updating, click to update, and probably the update will be incorrect (because in the application the remote is designated as Phantom 3 professional). Now there is no data when connecting, about the battery, for example, or NO VIDEO (((. The copter was updated, but the console remained unchanged. Perhaps the necessary bin file for the firmware to be installed correctly.
Reading reset keys does not work.
We really hope for help!
2019-8-5
Use props
Will Falcon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 937608 ft
Russia

Just updated firmware and was facing the problem.
How to fix black screen issue on P4P+?

RC connected to aircraft and it can control propellers, gimbal etc but I don't see picture on the screen(P4P+).

Can not downgrade =(
How to reset factory settings on RC and Drone itself?
Thank you.
2019-8-16
Use props
Hatem m
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3430463 ft
Saudi Arabia

Will Falcon Posted at 8-16 06:11
Just updated firmware and was facing the problem.
How to fix black screen issue on P4P+?

2019-8-16
Use props
Kuruppu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 501877 ft
  • >>>
Sri Lanka

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-27 02:57
You can hold the three bars on the right side of DJI GO 4 for 10 seconds to refresh the firmware. Alternatively, you can turn on the RC, hold C1, C2, and the record button, then turn off and turn on the RC again to check.

My Remote Not Responding for This Method
2020-1-22
Use props
djiuser_4gIvNQ9p9nsx
New

India

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-28 02:25

my p4p controller(with display) is not showing video recording and video setting options on screen but when i press the video record button on the rc it starts recording but still the problem is i am not able to do my video settings. the photo mode is working fine though.
    what would be the problem and what should i do.....please suggest.
thank you.
2020-11-29
Use props
djiuser_4gIvNQ9p9nsx
New

India

hi susain....i am having a big problem with my p4p controller(with screen).
    when i try to turn it on, it just keeps flashing all 4 right side white led's and nothing happens.
but when i put the controller on charge and try to switch it on....it works fine
so i opened the controller,unplugged the battery, plugged it in again and it starts working but wait....after a few ON and OFF the problem strikes again.....please help
2020-11-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_4gIvNQ9p9nsx Posted at 11-29 05:40
hi susain....i am having a big problem with my p4p controller(with screen).
    when i try to turn it on, it just keeps flashing all 4 right side white led's and nothing happens.
but when i put the controller on charge and try to switch it on....it works fine

We are sorry for the issue, could you please provide a video of the case for further confirmation? If the controller can not be powered on properly, you may need to send it in for service. Please contact the retailer or send an email to our support at http://www.dji.com/support for further assistance.
2020-12-4
Use props
juandavidjdmontero.com
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-27 02:57
You can hold the three bars on the right side of DJI GO 4 for 10 seconds to refresh the firmware. Alternatively, you can turn on the RC, hold C1, C2, and the record button, then turn off and turn on the RC again to check.

the doest work
2021-3-6
Use props
djiuser_fw8yTX7tc2Ui
New

Australia

Hey,
I just purchased a Phantom 4 only a few days ago and being only new to drones I have been having great fun with it until today.
Took it out to have a fly and the controller won’t stop beeping, tells me the the sticks need calibrating so I did that over and over again says it is done and still won’t stop beeping.
I don’t understand I have done everything it says and....beep beep beep won’t stop
2021-5-31
Use props
fioraflores
New

Philippines

hello, my dji phantom 4 pro+ controller won't turn on. when I press the power button it shows the battery bars, but when I press it again and hold it, it won't proceed to turn on. Is there an any fix for this?
2021-10-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fioraflores Posted at 10-25 19:11
hello, my dji phantom 4 pro+ controller won't turn on. when I press the power button it shows the battery bars, but when I press it again and hold it, it won't proceed to turn on. Is there an any fix for this?

Hi there, could you please provide a video of the issue for further confirmation? If it can not be charged and turned on normally, you may need to send the unit for service.
You may check if there is an Authorized Service Centers nearby https://www.dji.com/au/service/repair/centers
Or you can contact our support via email at http://www.dji.com/support for further guidance.
2021-10-26
Use props
djiuser_6UdIWl5gJQ96
New
Flight distance : 802812 ft
Albania

I have 2 band but work only with 2.4ghz. P4P
With 5.8ghz doesn't see anything from drone . But it takes commands.  
What to do for this issue?
I live in Balkan.
Thanks
2023-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules