1425 9 2017-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jpeterson89
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3714 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any update if the iPhone X will be compatible with the Mavic Pro (Platinum) remote? With the phone being all screen, how will that react with the phone holder on the remote? This might have been covered in another thread, but didn't see anything in a search. Thanks!
2017-10-24
Use props
agonzarn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84993 ft
United States

Great question!  I'm planning to upgrade if I can get my hands on one.  My other concern is that I hear people are having issues with iPhone 8.  If I get the X I will be leaving on vacation 3 days later so 'm hoping I won't run into any issues!
2017-10-24
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

agonzarn Posted at 2017-10-24 09:15
Great question!  I'm planning to upgrade if I can get my hands on one.  My other concern is that I hear people are having issues with iPhone 8.  If I get the X I will be leaving on vacation 3 days later so 'm hoping I won't run into any issues!

Not only with iPhone 8 but with the latest  iOS versions.... :-(
2017-10-24
Use props
nottuppaware
Second Officer
Flight distance : 70745 ft
Australia

Generally the iPhone screens are capitative touch, meaning it requires something the gives resistance. Plastic normally doesn't respond to this.
The only part I image will be annoying is the home button disappearing but we will just have to wait and see.
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for bringing us the attention, our engineers are aware of this situation and working on it. Any update will be published in the app's update note. Thanks again.
2017-10-24
Use props
angelo_q
lvl.1
United States

I just got my Mavic Pro Platinum, the DJI Go app will not run on my iPhone X, just keeps crashing!! It worked fine with my Phantom 4 the other day.
2017-11-6
Use props
jpeterson89
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

angelo_q Posted at 2017-11-6 20:02
I just got my Mavic Pro Platinum, the DJI Go app will not run on my iPhone X, just keeps crashing!! It worked fine with my Phantom 4 the other day.

Same here, waited 2 months for the Mavic Pro Platimum, excited that it was going to be delivered before I leave for vacation this week and unfortunately, my iPhone X does not with this MPP or my Spark either. So no drone photography while on vacation for me. I can't believe how silent DJI is right now. This topic is all over the forums and very little response from them.
2017-11-7
Use props
Pumavic
lvl.3
United States

jpeterson89 Posted at 2017-11-7 05:08
Same here, waited 2 months for the Mavic Pro Platimum, excited that it was going to be delivered before I leave for vacation this week and unfortunately, my iPhone X does not with this MPP or my Spark either. So no drone photography while on vacation for me. I can't believe how silent DJI is right now. This topic is all over the forums and very little response from them.

Soo...no back up phone of any sort? You can pick up just about anything off Craigslist or Costco has brand new device for like $220...
2017-11-7
Use props
W.T. Foxtrot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1316732 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Platinum and an iPhone X  -- so far, it is running everything *almost* fine.  (Well, actually very good, considering it is DJI Go 4!)  Only one app crash, and it was easily solved by closing app and reopening during flight.  I am not getting the excessive heat buildup that I saw with my iPhone 7+.    Ran some of the intelligent flight modes (where the 7+ crashed all the time) and also good.  Good luck!
2017-11-7
Use props
jpeterson89
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Pumavic Posted at 2017-11-7 17:14
Soo...no back up phone of any sort? You can pick up just about anything off Craigslist or Costco has brand new device for like $220...

Don't typically have a spare stock of phones laying around and don't intend to spend another $200+ when i've already layed out $2500+ for a drone and new phone. I did try it on my iPad Pro and it seems to work as designed for far. Just a VERY bulky option.
2017-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules