Battery temperature bug?
2545 4 2017-10-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cornelius
lvl.2
Canada

Wondering if anyone else has seen this issue with GS Pro....

When I hit the aircraft icon to check the systems and send the waypoints to my M600 Pro, it comes up with an 'error' which won't let me start the mission.
Under the battery heading, it gives me the red 'x' symbol, and says 'Battery Temperature too low, 14°C'

14°C, or 57°F, quite simply is not that cold.  Not even close to the DJI battery spec of -10°C.  However, 14°F = -10°C, coincidence? Seems unlikely, what seems more likely is that it's correctly reading the battery temp at 14°C, but giving me the error based on 14°F.  Switching my measurement system to Imperial didn't help...in fact, it still reads in Celcius.

DJI GS Pro will let my fly the mission once it reads the batteries at 15°C, so 14°C seems to be the threshold.

Extremely frustrating to not be able to fly, wasted an entire day in the field on a job.

2017-10-24
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

We're getting the same message but it's definitely in the 20s and 30s (Fahrenheit) out. We use UgCS and it lets us ignore that error
2017-11-2
Use props
Cornelius
lvl.2
Canada

ROBERM19 Posted at 2017-11-2 13:10
We're getting the same message but it's definitely in the 20s and 30s (Fahrenheit) out. We use UgCS and it lets us ignore that error

I wish GS Pro would let me ignore it....or at least acknowledge the 'danger', and continue.

I have since tried this with a Phantom 3 and Phantom 4, still using GS Pro.  Chilled the battery in the fridge to below 15°C and got the same results.  GS Pro will not let the mission take place.

So...it would seem this isn't a problem with the M600 sending incorrect information, but a function of GS Pro.
This temperature limit is either waaaay too conservative or it's mixing up F and C.

Anyone from DJI have an idea?  I have been dealing with their 'support' and have had the excellent recommendations that I 'warm up the batteries with my hands' or 'send in the unit for repair'.  So, zero help so far.

I would like to try UgCS, but I believe it's only for Android, which means a change of platform and buying a new tablet.  
2017-11-9
Use props
ROBERM19
lvl.4
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Cornelius Posted at 2017-11-9 12:23
I wish GS Pro would let me ignore it....or at least acknowledge the 'danger', and continue.

I have since tried this with a Phantom 3 and Phantom 4, still using GS Pro.  Chilled the battery in the fridge to below 15°C and got the same results.  GS Pro will not let the mission take place.

I haven't seen it for anything apple so you're probably right. That'd set you back the $250 for a decent tablet and cost of UgCS. I honestly don't know what your route forward is besides pushing the right buttons until it's fixed. Warming the batteries up by hand, or by heater, is not a viable solution when you have 6-10 sets of batteries and you're barely below the threshold.
2017-11-14
Use props
fansc9f507c3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3438 ft
South Africa

We recently had a DJI M100 fall out of the sky for no reason. It just switched off mid flight during hover for no reason and destroyed itself on the ground. DJI refused to look at the flight logs because the drone was out of warranty, so we looked at them after they fixed it. It appears as if there is a bug with the DJI battery and it reports a temperature of 200 degrees C and hence switches off.

Immediately after the crash, we handled the battery and there was no sign of 200 degree C temperatures, no sign or smell of melting nor puffing of the battery.

I have attached a chart of the battery temperature.

DJI M100 TB48 battery temp. senosr fail

DJI M100 TB48 battery temp. senosr fail
2018-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules