Phantom 3 late April or mid May??
3070 25 2015-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kpresley84
lvl.2
United States

hi, I seen on dji's website that if you order the phantom 3 with one battery it will ship in late April, but if you order with the extra battery it ships mid May. I'm guessing that's because of a shortage of battery's? I'm on the fence whether to order with just one battery for now and try and get another later just to get mine earlier or not. I'm not sure how readily available battery will be shortly after launch. Maybe dji can answer this... What did you guys do?? Also do you think there will be a big delay in shipping since it seems like a bunch of these have been ordered already? Anyway, any replies would be helpful! Thanks
2015-4-9
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

Oh crap I didnt see that I ordered the one with extra battery.  Yikes. I need/want mine before my vacation in may...I wonder if they can just ship me the battery later or just drop it from my order.  Ill have to contact customer support today. Hopefully since I just bought a P2v+ V3 from them 4 weeks ago they will be able to assist me somehow lol.
2015-4-9
Use props
dmurph24
lvl.2
Flight distance : 567293 ft
United States

Can DJI reply to this? I would like to know when the phantoms will officially be shipped on DJI for the extra battery and regular. Also, how long will they take to deliver? I saw that you can pre-order them on amazon but the extra battery bundle is not included on there and they are available on May 15th, are you planning to add the bundle to amazon?
2015-4-9
Use props
kpresley84
lvl.2
United States

Can dji weigh in on this?
2015-4-9
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

I talked to customer support today.  P3 with extra battery will ship mid may.  Im just gonna cross my fingers and hope it gets here before then....
2015-4-9
Use props
raiedzeidan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 755033 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same! Just placed my order! So pumped! Glad I just sold my Phantom 2!
2015-4-9
Use props
Muleshoe2
lvl.2

United States

Thanks for the clarification. I don't think the option to buy with extra battery was posted when I ordered or would have bought that option.

Glad I didn't. When I looked later, and the option with battery was available, I thought the change from late April to mid March was just an indication of the number of units ordered and they were pushing delivery times back as more orders came in.

Guess extra batteries won't be showing up under "Available Accessories" any time soon.
2015-4-9
Use props
brewsky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 866184 ft
United States

I purchased my P3 just after the announcement (without extra battery) and my confirmation says it will ship "mid May".
2015-4-9
Use props
rinconol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 232566 ft
United States

DJI's customer service system is ancient and super slow compared to the companies that DJI wants to be at the same level with, like Apple and Amazon. They need to grow up if they want to grow out.  I had ordered the P3PRO from DJI and they immediately charged my card for the full amount, unlike Amazon, and then told me that my wait time was until mid-May or later. I cancelled my order and placed one with Amazon who offered me a no-interest payment deal and $70 off the order. I applied that to a 3 year insurance plan ($90). The best part is that they won't charge until they ship in mid-May, so I don't have payment or intrest for items not yet received.
2015-4-9
Use props
kpresley84
lvl.2
United States

I talked to dji, and they said if you are wanting it sooner than you should order with one battery. I also asked if the p3 would fit in a p2 case and they told me "they have no idea" lol..seems to me they need to clear some things up...
2015-4-9
Use props
kss113
lvl.2
United States

amazon. http://www.amazon.com/DJI-Phanto ... ntom+3+professional

[update]
They say released on May 15th

There supply and your est.. will very.
2015-4-9
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

I ordered the P3 Advanced from Amazon. Best guesstimate is delivery by May 27. In 2015, I assume.
2015-4-9
Use props
kpresley84
lvl.2
United States

I just don't have a good feeling on ordering direct from dji...they seem to have a lot of issues with customer service. I think I'll just order from Amazon and hope it gets here at a reasonable time. Would also be nice if Amazon offered it with the extra battery.. I have a feeling those will be hard to get for awhile..
2015-4-9
Use props
toddscafidi
lvl.1

United States

When i ordered mine it didn't have an extra battery option. Im beat!
2015-4-9
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Always figure a little extra time in.
It would be wise to not figure on flying until after June 1 - in terms of having enough batteries, etc.
Shipments take time also...then setup...then initial testing...then possible bugs in the app and firmware.

Why should it be any different than anything else new? Heck, Yuneec took an extra YEAR...if DJI delivers within a month of when they promised, they are golden.  Remember, there are many parts they have no control over. That is, I think they outsource most of the production - and if not the production, many of the parts. No supply chain is perfect...except maybe Apples. Too bad DJI can't bring Tim Cook on board...although that could happen (in terms of the BOD if DJI goes public).
2015-4-9
Use props
Muleshoe2
lvl.2

United States

droneflyers.com Posted at 2015-4-10 10:05
Always figure a little extra time in.
It would be wise to not figure on flying until after June 1 -  ...

Thanks for crushing my spirit.

But I know you're exactly right. I've been a factory rep for a manufacturing company before. New products can make you the hero or the goat. Fortunately, I usually got to be the former.
2015-4-9
Use props
rschiehl
lvl.1
United States

Have to give to them on marketing.  I don't have a lot of time to fly.  Bought the Vision 2 Plus when it was first released and flew 5 times.  Still have the unit and a ton of extras and case.  But the new features on this model roped me in, especially the 4K and the range.  A little disappointed that their site lists no accessories for the 3 yet.  Don't know if the props are interchangeable with the 2 Plus or not.  The batteries are definitely different.  Looking forward to this one.
2015-4-9
Use props
rschiehl
lvl.1
United States

kpresley84@aol. Posted at 2015-4-10 08:35
I just don't have a good feeling on ordering direct from dji...they seem to have a lot of issues wit ...

If it helps, I bought my first direct from DJI.  The packaging was great, shipping free and arrived much faster than expected given it is an international shipment.  I love Amazon and order multiple times a month from them, but no worries with DJI.
2015-4-9
Use props
Jerdel
lvl.2

United States

My last dji order from the looks of the tacking number came right from the california warehouse
2015-4-10
Use props
palmer83.btinte
lvl.1
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I ordered from Dji within 15 minutes of the site being updated to show the P3, I too ordered the phantom with. Until I saw the bundle a couple of days ago. I  spoke to Dji who agreed that I would purchase the new bundle with the extra battery, then they would transfer the order to my original order and refund me my old order. This way I will not lose me original order position.

They have also said that those who order extra batteries will get the extra battery as they become available, after they have shipped the p3 unit.
2015-4-10
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Aw dang, wish I'd have thought of transferring the order.  I made two orders within 30 minutes but by the time the first one was cancelled and the second one was confirmed my "Customer Reference Number" (which I presume equates to my place in the queue) went from 1766 to 6474.
2015-4-11
Use props
irrbloss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210669 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Is there a recommended practice how retailers handle this? I really like to get my P3 Pro (I ordered with extra battery) as soon as possible. I can wait for my second battery, but I'm not sure my retailer allow this. He doesn't even know if those bundles with extra batteries comes with the extra battery inside the box, or if they are the same versions as the one without extra battery. Anyone here know more about how this works?
2015-4-11
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

rinconol@yahoo. Posted at 2015-4-10 05:47
DJI's customer service system is ancient and super slow compared to the companies that DJI wants to  ...

where you get the insurance? If is on Amazon You just lost your money That company is Not longer offer insurance for any quadcopter anymore, I wrote to their customer service and They says after september 2014 they do not longer offer That, It is a Bug in the system for still offer that in the check out.
2015-4-11
Use props
ara9112003
lvl.3
Flight distance : 495869 ft
United States

rinconol@yahoo. Posted at 2015-4-10 05:47
DJI's customer service system is ancient and super slow compared to the companies that DJI wants to  ...

where you get the insurance? If is on Amazon You just lost your money That company is Not longer offer insurance for any quadcopter anymore, I wrote to their customer service and They says after september 2014 they do not longer offer That, It is a Bug in the system for still offer that in the check out.
2015-4-11
Use props
tabbe
lvl.2

Finland

I heard shipping starts in europe 18-20th may.
2015-4-12
Use props
ausidcstaff
lvl.2

United States

Hey guys its my experience that no one from DJI cares about or answers these boards except for Tahoe_Ed et al. DJI doesn't seem to give a damn about customer service perhaps is cultural thing. I am speaking from my Inspire 1 owner perspective maybe Phantom 3 will be different. (LOL)

D on't Support
J ust
I gnore
2015-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules