Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Out in the Open/Random Obstacle Avoidance Alert
983 7 2017-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Matthew Chirico
Captain
Flight distance : 769160 ft
United States

Whilst mid-flight recently (2 or 3 times) I've been gotten the obstacle avoidance alert pop up on my screen with the sound making my heart drop…but there was nothing it was about to hit because the Mavic was in open air not near a single thing. This happen to anyone? Is there something wrong with my sensors possibly?
2017-10-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Yes, it's very common for this to occur when the Mavic is facing the sun or any other relatively bright source of light.
2017-10-25
Use props
Matthew Chirico
Captain
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-25 08:32
Yes, it's very common for this to occur when the Mavic is facing the sun or any other relatively bright source of light.

oh alright, cool thanks!
2017-10-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

No problem. You can get around this problem by flying in Sport mode or explicitly disabling the forward (obstacle) sensor, but obviously that comes with its own risk.
2017-10-25
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-25 08:32

Yup just happened to me this morning, Mavic put the brakes on thinking it was going to hit the sun!! Forgot to disable OAS from yesterdays flight around the barn.
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the replies above, yes, flying the drone directly facing the strong light might initiate Obstacle Avoidance mistakenly. So we advise that you avoid facing the sun when flying, or you can disable OA system if you need, fly with caution if you disable it. If it is not your case, you might need to calibrate the Vision Positioning System via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-10-26
Use props
Matthew Chirico
Captain
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-26 00:12
Thanks for the replies above, yes, flying the drone directly facing the strong light might initiate Obstacle Avoidance mistakenly. So we advise that you avoid facing the sun when flying, or you can disable OA system if you need, fly with caution if you disable it. If it is not your case, you might need to calibrate the Vision Positioning System via DJI Assistant 2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYSqz7R5zwI&t=55s

thanks Thor
2017-10-26
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I had it happen 2 times to me one day. I looked and nothing was there but when i looked WAY UP i saw a jet traveling so once it went by everything was fine.
Then it happened again a few minutes later and there was another jet flying by.  I chalked it up to the planes but i guess it was the sun?
2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules