Remote Signal Weak/Poor after Update
2512 12 2017-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse3350286
lvl.3
United States

So I recently updated my Phantom 3 adv to P3S_FW_V01.11.0020 and updated the controller through the app.  Now I am getting an error stating that the remote signal is week or poor.  It is connected but the remote signal is low and I am getting all kinds of warnings.  When it goes low the led on the RC goes red.  Any ideas?

Thanks

2017-10-25
Use props
Snodawg41
New
United States

I am having the same problem but with my P3P.  I did the same firmware upgrade, connected the aircraft and remote, then did the remote upgrade.  My aircraft and controller will not even connect to each other now, as well as it reads weak transmission signal.  I was previously having some connection issues between remote and aircraft but now no connection at all.  Previously I would have to start and restart the remote and aircraft a few to many times before I would get a solid connection
I would be thankful for any help that someone can give to me.

Thank you,
Criss Steiner
C&C Ranch
2017-10-25
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Relink after update?
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you clarify what firmware version you have on the RC? What mobile device and Go app version are you running? Have you also tried relinking the RC to the aircraft as mentioned in post #3? If everything is updated and standard relinking didn't resolve the issue, try the following button combinations:

Try to reset the remote controller.
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* While holding the buttons, turn on the RC, then the aircraft and relink the remote.

Manually relinking the aircraft to the controller:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will make a "D-DD" audio queue. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
* While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller (ISO) and then the LED indicator on the controller will turn blue and it will constantly beep "DDDD".
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft in and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

2017-10-25
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Snodawg41@gmail Posted at 2017-10-25 12:24
I am having the same problem but with my P3P.  I did the same firmware upgrade, connected the aircraft and remote, then did the remote upgrade.  My aircraft and controller will not even connect to each other now, as well as it reads weak transmission signal.  I was previously having some connection issues between remote and aircraft but now no connection at all.  Previously I would have to start and restart the remote and aircraft a few to many times before I would get a solid connection
I would be thankful for any help that someone can give to me.

Can you please answer post #4 as well?
2017-10-25
Use props
fanse3350286
lvl.3
United States

OK I was able to do a Re-link and it looks to have reconnected.   I am still amazed that after all this time this system is so lets face it messed up.  What other company puts its customers through this nonsense after what seems like every single update.  And there are TONS of updates.  And the software pushes you to update.  OK DJI I'm done with this and you.  It was fun at first but now this thing is just a giant PITA.  I don't know if the later platforms are as "buggy and complex" as the Phantom 3, but this update is the last one for me.  This thing and this company is a piece of junk.  Sorry Rant's over, Thanks for the help and goodbye.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fanse3350286 Posted at 2017-10-26 11:08
OK I was able to do a Re-link and it looks to have reconnected.   I am still amazed that after all this time this system is so lets face it messed up.  What other company puts its customers through this nonsense after what seems like every single update.  And there are TONS of updates.  And the software pushes you to update.  OK DJI I'm done with this and you.  It was fun at first but now this thing is just a giant PITA.  I don't know if the later platforms are as "buggy and complex" as the Phantom 3, but this update is the last one for me.  This thing and this company is a piece of junk.  Sorry Rant's over, Thanks for the help and goodbye.

I am sorry for the difficulties you've been experiencing. How about the performance of the drone now?
In fact, it might because of the firmware inconsistency during the update which asked for the relinking of the drone and RC, this should be understandable, right?
And we always recommend that users upgrade the latest firmware because it's the optimization or new functions adding to the previous one, but that depends on you. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright.
And now, you can check if the drone works well. Should you have any further questions, please also feel free to contact us. We'd glad to help.
2017-10-29
Use props
fans63a221f4
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15230 ft
United States

I am having the same problem with my P3Adv. since updating to 1.11.0020. Please help!
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

fanse3350286 Posted at 2017-10-26 11:08

I am flying a Phantom 3 Pro and have never had issues like some here.
My last firmware update, required a relinking of the RC to drone, but that took all of ten seconds to complete. Nothing else has ever been a situation.

Wishing all drone pilots success...

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-1 09:30
I am flying a Phantom 3 Pro and have never had issues like some here.
My last firmware update, required a relinking of thr RC to drone, but that took all of ten seconds to complete. Nothing else has ever been a situation.

my p3p also required relink after the latest update.i read on some post somewhere that some firmware updates cause diconnect ,some do not. keep on flying.
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

repairman Posted at 2017-11-1 14:29
my p3p also required relink after the latest update.i read on some post somewhere that some firmware updates cause diconnect ,some do not. keep on flying.

Did you freak out, for just a moment, when you found out there was a disconnect..

I did. Haha

It seemed like it was going to be a major issue. I was mistaken. Thankfully!!

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-1 14:35
Did you freak out, for just a moment, when you found out there was a disconnect..

I did. Haha

yea i just look at the flashing yellow lights,looked at ops manual it said relink.
2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

repairman Posted at 2017-11-2 03:35
yea i just look at the flashing yellow lights,looked at ops manual it said relink.

Glad it all worked out, for both of us. ;-)

Good thing the relinking is such a simple procedure.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules