Instant Airspace Authorizations
914 8 2017-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlazeAir
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

So.... There is some new NEWS in the Instant Airspace Autorization world. If the FAA has it's way, it could get a lot easier for drones to fly in restricted space. In a federal request, the FAA, says it needs an emergency action, to help process the thousands of requests by drone pilots to fly in places that are normally off-limits.

Instead of typing everything I heard in this story from AirVuz News, check it out here: Instant Airspace Autorization

Would really like to hear comments and concerns on this one!
2017-10-25
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Blaze,

This is interesting news.  The FAA initially rejects almost all waivers unless the Pt. 107 applicant is experienced.  And that rejection can take months!  There is supposedly a one hour (or almost) tutorial on getting a night flying waiver.  This fix could not come any sooner.  We are having impatient fliers going it alone, as indicated by experience and the article.  That is not good.

Unfortunately, the FAA wants to do  the right thing and Congress could usually care less.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-25
Use props
BlazeAir
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-10-25 22:00
Aloha Blaze,

This is interesting news.  The FAA initially rejects almost all waivers unless the Pt. 107 applicant is experienced.  And that rejection can take months!  There is supposedly a one hour (or almost) tutorial on getting a night flying waiver.  This fix could not come any sooner.  We are having impatient fliers going it alone, as indicated by experience and the article.  That is not good.

Wow, Thank u so much for this info. Great to know!

2017-11-2
Use props
mooncusser
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3384501 ft
  • >>>
United States

The biggest problem with authorizations is DJI itself with the unlocking.  Awful system that frequently grounds drones for no reason and oversteps their mission as merely a manufacturer.  They misidentify no fly zones and assume you have no FAA license.  Thanks alot DJI!
2017-11-3
Use props
BlazeAir
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

mooncusser Posted at 2017-11-3 09:54
The biggest problem with authorizations is DJI itself with the unlocking.  Awful system that frequently grounds drones for no reason and oversteps their mission as merely a manufacturer.  They misidentify no fly zones and assume you have no FAA license.  Thanks alot DJI!

Agree. 100% agree
2017-11-9
Use props
fans6a2609b1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75459 ft
United States

Exactly, as a 107 remote pilot and a pt 61 real pilot, I find it unfortunate that DJI restricts me from operating in areas using my own judgment. As a GA pilot I can land my Cessna anywhere I want and in some cases would pay for the poor decisions. Same applies to my Mavic. If I fly it in nogo areas I risk a lot. DJI should have no say in where I fly and should have the option in their system to input my FAA license to remove all flight restrictions. On the same note, they need to also require owners to input the FAA registrations to even be able to fly in the states.
2017-12-10
Use props
Fastnine
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24324 ft
United States

mooncusser Posted at 2017-11-3 09:54

I agree 1000% it makes no sense that as a 107 pilot I have the same restrictions as a guy that walks into Best Buy and buys a drone..This seems to be a DJI thing and due to this im starting to think that in order to get away from this the only option is get away from DJI. Does anyone know if the inspire2 or any of there commercial drones have the same type of hight and geo fence restrictions ?  if so it would seem the only way is to get into other commercial built drones.
2017-12-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Agreed.  There should be a way for 107 pilots to become accredited on the DJI site so as to wipe off all those stupid restrictions.  That is the whole purpose of passing the test and getting certified - so you know where to fly!  You don't need DJI vetoing your decision.  
2017-12-10
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

Thanks for share !
2017-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules