Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Mobile Arm Broken
4536 5 2017-10-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans648f1a43
New
United States

Hello,

I wanted to know if this is normal for the Osmo Mobile. I bought OM a while ago, but I hadn't used it until recently. I went on a trip to Hawaii and had the system in my backpack, that was with me the entire time and the OM was packed in the middle of some clothes I could change into when I got to the warm island. When I went to pull it out of its case, low and behold, the arm was snapped in half. Now, before I left, I had the system running and made sure everything worked, tested out everything on the APP and even had the gimbal system run the entire lengths to make sure it was all working. Well, you can imagine how frustrated I was when I get to Hawaii only to find that it's broken.

Based off of my first looks, being an Engineer and all, it looks to me like the material that is used is very weak and has a lot of defects for the design they have. Has anyone else had this issue? I called into DJI and they only told me that they've never heard of this (Even though you can find pictures of this happening everywhere) and that I should just send it in. I am going on a trip soon, and stupidly I was just going to buy the SmoothQ so I don't have to deal with this again, but I've had the Phantom, and now I have the Mavic and would LIKE to keep the same brand.

My question is, has anyone found a fix, or a place I can buy the arm needed to replace this? The electrical component looks and works fine. The connector pulled out, luckily not the wires, however.
20171025_153139.jpg
20171025_153139.jpg
20171025_153216.jpg
2017-10-25
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Sorry for your experience. Please contact our support and start a case: http://www.dji.com/support. I would recommend you send it back for repair. Hope it can be solved soon.
2017-10-25
Use props
fans2e460374
lvl.1
Flight distance : 527697 ft
United States

I have the same problem. Mine was broken almost at the same spot on the arm. Did u get your fixed? And how much?
2018-2-10
Use props
Elzebra
New

United States

Mine broke in the exact same spot. Exact same story. I tried to epoxy it back together with no luck. It seems that is a definite weak spot in the design. I haven’t been able to use mine all summer. Will DJI replace or repair these under warranty?
2018-3-23
Use props
Felipe Cleodon
New
Chile

Elzebra Posted at 2018-3-23 06:49
Mine broke in the exact same spot. Exact same story. I tried to epoxy it back together with no luck. It seems that is a definite weak spot in the design. I haven’t been able to use mine all summer. Will DJI replace or repair these under warranty?

Do you can solve this problem? Its happens with me
2018-8-9
Use props
The Rugged Guide
New

United Kingdom

This has happened to mine also. Exactly the same place
2019-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules