4286 11 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
travelrikk
Captain
Flight distance : 21877946 ft
  • >>>
Malta

Ok it seems I'm not very lucky when it comes to gimbals. I just received my mavic pro 2 days (warranty fault replacement) and a soon as I opened I notice the gimbal clamps wasn't properly in place (see first photo).

So yesterday I went for a test flight I was hearing very strange noises until I got an 'Abnormal Gimbal Vibration' error message on screen and I looked at the camera and it was vibrating like crazy. Landed mavic, switched off and on again and it did it again. Landed again, restarted the mavic and everything and no more vibrations. Now I updated the mavic to the latest firmware and will re-test it, however, I'm very afraid that even if the problem does not prersist it will develop a fault in the future. I've already had a mavic that I bought in January and I had to return it 17 days later because it developed a gimbal motor overload fault where I paid for shipping and it was repaired since it was outside the 15 days.

What should I do? Is this normal?

Sorry for the low quality pics but there were taken from my ipad.

https://imgur.com/a/cpIrc

Screen Shot 2017-10-26 at 12.37.36.jpg
IMG_0055.PNG
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please check if the gimbal works well now. If it is a hardware issue, the app will detect and tell you. If it won't persist, it would be the false warning, no worries. BTW, please check the gimbal anti-drop hooks like the tutorial mentioned.
2017-10-26
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-26 03:14
Please check if the gimbal works well now. If it is a hardware issue, the app will detect and tell you. If it won't persist, it would be the false warning, no worries. BTW, please check the gimbal anti-drop hooks like the tutorial mentioned. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnXekYjEJA8&index=15&list=PL8-vxWY64sBNLusG0MvxD4Dm-tX4cnvzX

Thanks for your reply.

I'm quite aware of the anti-drop hooks since this happened before so I've watched the video previously too. I did the preflight checklist yesterday and all was good.

Tried to test out the mavic again today but it didn't give me any error. Will try and get couple more flights over the weekend if the wind velocity reduced.
2017-10-26
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Nice support DJI.
2017-10-26
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

Even though DJI support is extremely slow (I'm talking about repairs etc not to reply back) but they are always very helpful and professional. You cannot judge just like that..
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

travelrikk Posted at 2017-10-26 06:09
Thanks for your reply.

I'm quite aware of the anti-drop hooks since this happened before so I've watched the video previously too. I did the preflight checklist yesterday and all was good.

Please keep us updated if there is an update.
2017-10-27
Use props
M4BMW
Second Officer
United States

Are you using the 8331 props?
2017-10-27
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

travelrikk Posted at 2017-10-26 09:27
Even though DJI support is extremely slow (I'm talking about repairs etc not to reply back) but they are always very helpful and professional. You cannot judge just like that..

Not sure if you misunderstood but when I said nice support it was a thumbs up
2017-10-28
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

M4BMW Posted at 2017-10-27 07:39

yes I am. That was my first flight with them actually. Why did you have a similar experience too?
2017-10-29
Use props
travelrikk
Captain
  • >>>
Malta

Welsh Mavic Posted at 2017-10-28 05:55
Not sure if you misunderstood but when I said nice support it was a thumbs up

Sorry then, I mis-understood, I thought you were being sarcastic.
2017-10-29
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
France

travelrikk Posted at 2017-10-29 11:32
Sorry then, I mis-understood, I thought you were being sarcastic.

txt can be quite impersonal.
2017-10-31
Use props
LSLMavic
lvl.1
United States

M4BMW Posted at 2017-10-27 07:39

I've been receiving the abnormal gimbal vibration error recently too, and I've confirmed that the gimbal is installed properly and seated properly with respect to all 3 support tabs.  This is a new error for me, and the only things that have changed are that the temperature has become slightly colder (though still well within reason) and I've switched to the 8331 props.  My firmware and app are up to date, and there have been no crashes or damage to the Mavic, so I'm not sure what could be causing the problem.  

Could it be the new props?

I've noticed that if I hover for a few minutes, I can see the gimbal shake like crazy, but after a few minutes it seems to stop.  Not sure why that would be.
2017-11-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules