Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic crash after update
12Next >
2820 45 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8c1bc6f0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 323645 ft
France

Hello, sorry but i am new on this forum and i dont have a perfect English so i will try to explain what's happen:
Just to know, i have more than 40 fly in different country with the mavic and more than 50 with the phantom 2 so i am not a beginner.
I made the last update on 20th October 2017 then i went flying 2 days after (on the 22th october 2017) in the countryside, in the middle of nowhere, in the nature in a place where there was nothing (no power line, no antenna,…). The drone took off normaly in GPS mode, everything was normal then after 5 minutes the mavic suddenly began to spin at full speed while he was in a stationary position (i did not touch the stick at this moment) then he recovered on his own to normal situation, so i decided to make him come back to me then 30 second after that, on the way back to me he started spinning again and he fell like a stone.
I never have any problem like that before this update (updated with DJIGO4)
My deer mavic is broken now, and the worst is than i dont know why so i am frightened to repair it or to buy a new one and to have this problem again one day (over water or somewhere with no acces...)
Anyone can help me to understand what's happen?
Thank you very much
2017-10-26
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Spinning is typically caused by a lost / broken propeller or (less commonly) a failure of the motor or ESC, but all I can do at this point is speculate. However, if you retrieve the flight's DAT file (log) and upload it I'll take a look and may be able to provide more information on what happened. Instructions for retrieving the DAT file are here and once you've accessed it you'll need to upload it to DropBox and provide a link to it in this thread. The correct file will have a time stamp that corresponds to when the flight occurred and will be at least tens and possibly hundreds of megabytes in size.
2017-10-26
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear of your problem and broken drone. I would agree with the above in saying their could be a problem with one of the motors or props, If all pros were intact when you recovered the drone then it is most likely to be a motor.

Although I have not had this happen with my MP, I did have it happen with my racing drone and from first hand experience it is impossible to recover from.

Good luck with getting it fixed though.
2017-10-26
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

Ok thank you, i will try to do that tonight.
The strang think is than is doing that a first time, fall few meters, come back to normal alone, fly normaly for 30 second then fall again (deffinitly this time). So if something like a propeller was broken it will not come back to normal for 30 second, no?
2017-10-26
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

B2N Posted at 2017-10-26 06:01
Ok thank you, i will try to do that tonight.
The strang think is than is doing that a first time, fall few meters, come back to normal alone, fly normaly for 30 second then fall again (deffinitly this time). So if something like a propeller was broken it will not come back to normal for 30 second, no?

That's true , perhaps a glitch with an ESC.
2017-10-26
Use props
sica
First Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

can also be a compass error due to a strong interference ... the logbook can show what happened in reality. dji the best quality drones factory, you do not have to be despaired, and on line beoing aircraft there were computer errors that caused the collapse ..
2017-10-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to hear of this and hope you get a replacement soon. It sounds like one of the motors locked given the recovery before fall or a prop became unbalanced then popped off but more than likely a faulty motor.
2017-10-26
Use props
sica
First Officer
Flight distance : 679 ft
Israel

many complaints after the latest firmware update !!! what happens? Too many accidents without real reason! something seems to be wrong with the latest update! sensors too fine ... false calibration? I hope engineers dji see what caused the incidents after the last update.
2017-10-26
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

I think this was not a prop issue. If some there was a problem with one of the props the drone wouldn't recover and star to spin again...
2017-10-26
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

I have try to follow the instruction for the .DAT file but there is 2 thing than i don't realy understand.
1) in "DJI Assitant 2" for the date of the crash there is 2 flight close to each other in time (something like 2:05 pm and another one around 2:15pm) but i am sure to have done only one flight at this date, and i turn off the drone after find it on the ground, and not turn on again just after.
2) i take this 2 file and extract them on my computeur but the two file have done only one file .DAT, (maybe both of them are in this new one) and also the date of this knew file in the name of the file is the date i extract it on my computeur, not the date of the crash as you tell me
Did i do a good job or some mistake for extract the .DAT?
do you need mor information to help me?
thank you everybody
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rrteoc ... 6_21-24-14.DAT?dl=0
2017-10-26
Use props
TroutboyNZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

The latest firmware is rock solid for most, did you take off from a car bonnet by chance?
2017-10-26
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

I take off from the floor, far away from electric line or big antenna, i flew around 5 minutes before the problem appear.
I was about 175m hight over a forest when it start to bug, there was nothing more than nature all around
2017-10-26
Use props
QuadKid
Captain
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Here is a link to the data for the .dat file you posted, I can view this stuff but don't have a clue as to how to analyze it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsjvas ... -14.fly005.csv?dl=0

I think the .txt flight log would be more beneficial to see what was going on.
2017-10-26
Use props
TroutboyNZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

B2N Posted at 2017-10-26 13:53
I take off from the floor, far away from electric line or big antenna, i flew around 5 minutes before the problem appear.
I was about 175m hight over a forest when it start to bug, there was nothing more than nature all around

What sort of floor, concrete or grass?
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I feel sorry for your crash, had you sent an email to support@dji.com to start a data analysis? Please contact them and we will help to investigate the reason. And you can directly send your drone in, we will help to make data analysis for this crash if the drone is under warranty, if it's malfunction, we will get your drone repaired without charge according to our After-sales Policy.
2017-10-26
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

QuadKid Posted at 2017-10-26 15:08
Here is a link to the data for the .dat file you posted, I can view this stuff but don't have a clue as to how to analyze it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wsjvasbslvnnji0/dji_assistant_export_file_2017-10-26_21-24-14.fly005.csv?dl=0

Sorry but i am not sure to undersand what you say (maybe my English or my technical skills), so you say that you have see the .DAT but you don't know what to do with it or you can not read it correctly? You want the .TXT flight log? where can i find that?
Thank you
2017-10-26
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

TroutboyNZ Posted at 2017-10-26 15:35
What sort of floor, concrete or grass?

concrete (a small road)
2017-10-26
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-26 21:09
I feel sorry for your crash, had you sent an email to  to start a data analysis? Please contact them and we will help to investigate the reason. And you can directly send your drone in, we will help to make data analysis for this crash if the drone is under warranty, if it's malfunction, we will get your drone repaired without charge according to our After-sales Policy.

Hello, i already contact DJI, i have uploaded my flight record (with DJI GO 4) as they want and they just say than they need the drone (they don't tell me if they have find a problem in the flight record or not). So i say "ok, no problem i can send you the drone to analisys"  (as the mavic as less than 4 month it's normaly still in warranty) but i bought the mavic when i was in Taiwan and now i am in France. DJI answer "If the aircraft incur damage in your current location the warranty will not apply to the aircraft due to the country of origin where the aircraft was purchased". So if i understund, the mavic is warranty only where you buy it, and if you have a problem outside of the country where you buy it the warranty will not apply? you can not use the mavic outside of the country where you by it? it's crazy because they are all made in the same country (china)
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

B2N Posted at 2017-10-26 23:06
Hello, i already contact DJI, i have uploaded my flight record (with DJI GO 4) as they want and they just say than they need the drone (they don't tell me if they have find a problem in the flight record or not). So i say "ok, no problem i can send you the drone to analisys"  (as the mavic as less than 4 month it's normaly still in warranty) but i bought the mavic when i was in Taiwan and now i am in France. DJI answer "If the aircraft incur damage in your current location the warranty will not apply to the aircraft due to the country of origin where the aircraft was purchased". So if i understund, the mavic is warranty only where you buy it, and if you have a problem outside of the country where you buy it the warranty will not apply? you can not use the mavic outside of the country where you by it? it's crazy because they are all made in the same country (china)

Sorry, DJI does not have the global warranty. For your case, to claim the warranty service, you'll need to send the drone to the official repair center in HK.  Have you got a case number from the Support? If yes, please provide me with it. I'll see if we can analyze the data first.
2017-10-27
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-27 01:09
Sorry, DJI does not have the global warranty. For your case, to claim the warranty service, you'll need to send the drone to the official repair center in HK.  Have you got a case number from the Support? If yes, please provide me with it. I'll see if we can analyze the data first.

Hello,
first i have contacted dji support Europe (because i am in France), they give me this CAS number: CAS-1150601-Y9M0F7 then just before to send the drone to them i told them than i bought the drone in Taiwan and they answer me than i have to contact dji asia. So i contact them and they tell me than "if the aircraft incur damage in your current location the warranty will not apply to the aircraft due to the country of origin where the aircraft was purchased". I try again with an other people from dji support asia who tell me than i need an address in china MAINLAND to claim the warranty. My step sister leave in Taiwan, where i bought the drone so i can send it to her but i don't know anybody who leave in china Mainland and i the drone in taiwan so i realy don't understand...
2017-10-27
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

my step sister lives in taiwan (not "leave", sorry for this error)
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

B2N Posted at 2017-10-27 01:36
Hello,
first i have contacted dji support Europe (because i am in France), they give me this CAS number: CAS-1150601-Y9M0F7 then just before to send the drone to them i told them than i bought the drone in Taiwan and they answer me than i have to contact dji asia. So i contact them and they tell me than "if the aircraft incur damage in your current location the warranty will not apply to the aircraft due to the country of origin where the aircraft was purchased". I try again with an other people from dji support asia who tell me than i need an address in china MAINLAND to claim the warranty. My step sister leave in Taiwan, where i bought the drone so i can send it to her but i don't know anybody who leave in china Mainland and i the drone in taiwan so i realy don't understand...

Bosc, I just checked your case and the SN of your drone, the version of your drone is Chinese Mainland version. Sorry, I thought it is Taiwan version. Yes, you'll need to send it to the official repair center in Shenzhen to claim warranty service. If you send it to the repair center in EU, you'll need to pay for the repair. If you could export the data of the crash flight from the drone, I'd like to submit a data analysis for you first, see if it can be covered by warranty.
2017-10-27
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-27 01:59
Bosc, I just checked your case and the SN of your drone, the version of your drone is Chinese Mainland version. Sorry, I thought it is Taiwan version. Yes, you'll need to send it to the official repair center in Shenzhen to claim warranty service. If you send it to the repair center in EU, you'll need to pay for the repair. If you could export the data of the crash flight from the drone, I'd like to submit a data analysis for you first, see if it can be covered by warranty.

I don't understand because i bought the drone in Taiwan!!! The China support tell me than if i don't have a China address i cannot claim for warranty, even if i pay for expedition and return of the drone directly to China. I have an address in Taiwan where i bought the drone, not in China so no warranty for me??? the data of the crash of the drone is Under the dropbox link i have provide at the top of this discution.
Thank you for your help
2017-10-27
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

B2N Posted at 2017-10-26 13:01
I have try to follow the instruction for the .DAT file but there is 2 thing than i don't realy understand.
1) in "DJI Assitant 2" for the date of the crash there is 2 flight close to each other in time (something like 2:05 pm and another one around 2:15pm) but i am sure to have done only one flight at this date, and i turn off the drone after find it on the ground, and not turn on again just after.
2) i take this 2 file and extract them on my computeur but the two file have done only one file .DAT, (maybe both of them are in this new one) and also the date of this knew file in the name of the file is the date i extract it on my computeur, not the date of the crash as you tell me

Her is the link you want
2017-10-27
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

B2N Posted at 2017-10-26 13:01

You followed the instructions correctly; FLY004.DAT is the log from the flight you described in your first post, and once I've spent some more time looking at it I'll follow up and let you know what I found.
2017-10-27
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
United States

B2N Posted at 2017-10-27 03:52
Her is the link you want

Well, I was about to post my findings, but I guess I was taking too long since I see you just cross-posted on MavicPilots. I'll go ahead and let someone respond to you over there.
2017-10-27
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-10-27 10:37
Well, I was about to post my findings, but I guess I was taking too long since I see you just cross-posted on MavicPilots. I'll go ahead and let someone respond to you over there.

Hello, yes i ask the same question on an other forum to try to find more people who could have the same problem as me and to have different advice. Is that bad?
For the moment nobody know why my drone fall, not here and not on an other forum.
If you know why it has fall i am very interested in your opinion.
Thank you
2017-10-28
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

So nobody know why my mavic has crashed after update?
I am affraid to repair it or to buy a new one without answer before.
Is any mavic can crash at anytime without any reason?
Thank you
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

B2N Posted at 2017-10-27 03:52
I don't understand because i bought the drone in Taiwan!!! The China support tell me than if i don't have a China address i cannot claim for warranty, even if i pay for expedition and return of the drone directly to China. I have an address in Taiwan where i bought the drone, not in China so no warranty for me??? the data of the crash of the drone is Under the dropbox link i have provide at the top of this discution.
Thank you for your help

It is necessary to have an address in the Mainland China since the Official Repair Center in Shenzhen can only ship the repaired drone to an address in the Mainland China.
2017-10-29
Use props
AceSar
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1769436 ft
China

Sorry to hear about this ,wish the reason could be find out  !
2017-10-29
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-29 20:05
It is necessary to have an address in the Mainland China since the Official Repair Center in Shenzhen can only ship the repaired drone to an address in the Mainland China.

So all the people who bought a dji product during theire holidays and all the people who have move from their country to another country can not claim for warranty anymore? even if they agree to pay for transport to send and return?
This is crazy for a brand like DJI to do deprive people from their warranty like that
2017-10-30
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

AceSar Posted at 2017-10-29 20:20
Sorry to hear about this ,wish the reason could be find out  !

Yes i hope too but for the moment nobody know why my mavic fall like a rock during this fly (even dji)
2017-10-30
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

Hello every body,
so i have a really bad news for people who have a mavic pro; be very carrefull with the update!!!
So as the official reseller in taiwan (where i bought the mavic) says, this problem is well know, it's come from a problem between one of the version of djigo4 app and one of the version of the firmware of the mavic who have an incompability together (but you will not see it before it crash)!!! he has more than 5 mavic come back to his store for the same problem. He also says than many customers argued with this problem on forum in china and also in taiwan and only a few of them get some free service. He said he will try his best to help me argue with DJI. But he said he has to tell me the chance is very low to claim for warranty. Warranty only cover "naturally damage". For this case specialy, DJI said it is people's fault even if it's not, and apparently in the fly records or .DAT file nothing can prove than this problem come from DJIGO4APP
This is crazy, i lose my 1500 euro drone because of an update and dji don't want to cover it!!!
2017-10-30
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

Please, if someone could analize my crash and tell me what he thinks it would be great, because I am to frightened to fly until I know what happened to my mavic. thank you very much
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

B2N Posted at 2017-10-30 02:39
So all the people who bought a dji product during theire holidays and all the people who have move from their country to another country can not claim for warranty anymore? even if they agree to pay for transport to send and return?
This is crazy for a brand like DJI to do deprive people from their warranty like that

If you buy the product abroad, you need to send your drone back to the place for repair. It still has warranty unless your drone is out of the period of warranty.
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

B2N Posted at 2017-10-30 10:24
Hello every body,
so i have a really bad news for people who have a mavic pro; be very carrefull with the update!!!
So as the official reseller in taiwan (where i bought the mavic) says, this problem is well know, it's come from a problem between one of the version of djigo4 app and one of the version of the firmware of the mavic who have an incompability together (but you will not see it before it crash)!!! he has more than 5 mavic come back to his store for the same problem. He also says than many customers argued with this problem on forum in china and also in taiwan and only a few of them get some free service. He said he will try his best to help me argue with DJI. But he said he has to tell me the chance is very low to claim for warranty. Warranty only cover "naturally damage". For this case specialy, DJI said it is people's fault even if it's not, and apparently in the fly records or .DAT file nothing can prove than this problem come from DJIGO4APP

Can you please tell me the case number or the ticket number? So I can get more detail for you.
2017-11-3
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-3 01:05
If you buy the product abroad, you need to send your drone back to the place for repair. It still has warranty unless your drone is out of the period of warranty.

NO!!! as DJI say, you need an address in the country where you bought your drone if you want to claim for warranty!!!They tell me than my mavic is registred in china so if i don't have an address in china i cannot claim for warranty, even if i send it to china and even if y pay for the expedition and retrun from France to China!!!
So all people buying a dji product during their hollyday will not have any warranty exept if they can go back in the country where they bought the product. I know it's totally stupide because all the product come from the same place; China
2017-11-3
Use props
B2N
lvl.1
France

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-3 01:06
Can you please tell me the case number or the ticket number? So I can get more detail for you.

Yes, thank you for your help:
CAS-1150601-Y9M0F7
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

B2N Posted at 2017-11-3 01:33
NO!!! as DJI say, you need an address in the country where you bought your drone if you want to claim for warranty!!!They tell me than my mavic is registred in china so if i don't have an address in china i cannot claim for warranty, even if i send it to china and even if y pay for the expedition and retrun from France to China!!!
So all people buying a dji product during their hollyday will not have any warranty exept if they can go back in the country where they bought the product. I know it's totally stupide because all the product come from the same place; China

In this case, I would recommend you send the drone to your friend and get it repair. Please check more details from our after-sales policy.
after-sales policy.png
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

B2N Posted at 2017-11-3 01:35
Yes, thank you for your help:
CAS-1150601-Y9M0F7

Thanks for your quick response. We would have someone contact you. Please wait patiently.
2017-11-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules