Flight logs gone after login
1429 7 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quapaw1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 168107 ft
United States

I've had the P4P for a month without a problem. Last week the Go 4 app went straight to the login screen. I had trouble with login and deleted and reinstalled the app a couple of times. After successful login all my flight logs are gone. Sync All is no help. The settings had also returned to metric. Is this normal?

2017-10-26
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Did you use the same email account to login with ?
Did you sync your flights after each flight?
2017-10-26
Use props
Quapaw1
lvl.2
United States

Hellsgate Posted at 2017-10-26 06:38
Did you use the same email account to login with ?
Did you sync your flights after each flight?

Yes.  Same account and PW

No.  Do you have to sync after each flight?  I recall reviewing the log before the hiccup and all my flights appeared to be listed.
2017-10-26
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Quapaw1 Posted at 2017-10-26 08:49
Yes.  Same account and PW

No.  Do you have to sync after each flight?  I recall reviewing the log before the hiccup and all my flights appeared to be listed.

Have you synced at all? - if not then your flights wont be anywhere but in your app from where you now has erased it!
Not sure if you can get DJI to rescue something from the logs in the AC but only then if you have not cleared that too. :-/
2017-10-26
Use props
Quapaw1
lvl.2
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-26 09:34
Have you synced at all? - if not then your flights wont be anywhere but in your app from where you now has erased it!
Not sure if you can get DJI to rescue something from the logs in the AC but only then if you have not cleared that too. :-/

DJI not only packages their drone in an iPhone-like box, they take the Apple approach to User Manuals, as well.  I do not recall seeing anywhere that one should sync to preserve the logs.

That said, I see the logic in your reply.  Fortunately, I have only been flying about a month, and nothing that produces a sense of loss at the evaporation of the logs.

Thanks for the insight.  You answered my question.  I will be sure to sync regularly from now on.

Now, if I could figure out why the app forced me to log in.  

My biggest problem was not being able to activate the Username and Password spots on the screen.  That's why I deleted and reinstalled.  My wife eventually touched the right spots, which are apparently some distance below the words themselves.  I've seen where others had the same problem.

I touched the screen enough to be arrested. ;)
2017-10-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Before deleting, if everything's not synced, it's gone forever.
2017-10-26
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

Well at least you now know to sync your flights and nothing major has been lost.
Look forward to seeing some of your videos in the future.

Fly safe
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The flight records can be found as long as you sync the flight records successfully. Here is a tutorial video of upload the records:
2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules