Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Can't set any number limits in DJI GO 4 on CrystalSky?!
647 2 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Twirlip
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2461545 ft
United States

I have a 5.5" CrystalSky, model number CS550, kernel version 3.10.0.  It's currently running DJI GO 4, version 4.1.6.

I just experienced a really weird problem with the settings UI and have no idea how to work around it:  I can't tweak any of the numeric settings!  (For example:  RTH altitude, flight ceiling, max distance allowed).

What used to happen:
  • I go to the relevant control-panel screen.
  • I tap my finger on the field I want to set.
  • When I do that, the screen brings up a number-editor dialog with digit buttons, so that I can edit the value to what I want.
  • When I'm done, I press the "done" button in the dialog and it then goes back to the control screen with the changed number.

What happens now:
  • I go to the relevant control-panel screen.
  • I tap my finger on the field I want to set.
  • I get no editor dialog.  Instead, it just draws a pentagonal blue "caret" object right under the edit field, which does absolutely nothing.  Putting my finger on the caret allows me to slide it back and forth over the text in the box... but there's no way to actually edit the text in the box, because there's no on-screen keyboard or anything.

(Sorry, I'd love to provide a screenshot, and I actually took a screenshot on my CrystalSky... but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the darn thing off of my CrystalSky and into my computer so that I can post it.  The screenshot appears to be stored on the internal memory, not the SD card, so I can't just pop it out and transfer it.  Plugging my CS into my computer via the USB cable does nothing; it doesn't show up as an available device on my computer, so no way to copy anything.  I tried looking at the screenshot content in "Explorer" on the CS, and I can see it, and if I press-and-hold on the screenshot I get a menu which includes "Move" as an item, but tapping "Move" just makes the usual "pop" noise and dismisses the dialog without anything happening.  So I can't figure out any way to 1. take a screenshot to the SD card, or 2. move the screenshot to the SD card, or 3. copy the screenshot directly from internal memory to a computer via USB, so it appears to be simply impossible unless there's some secret handshake that I'm unaware of.)

I'm completely confused what's going on, here.  This used to work, and is now completely broken.  The last time I had occasion to edit any of these numbers was maybe a month or so ago-- certainly less than two months.  So I assume it must be some issue with a recent DJI GO 4 update, or something?

Is anyone else seeing this?  What can I do?  I'm completely unable to set any numbers anymore.

2017-10-26
Use props
Frits48
First Officer
Flight distance : 155961 ft
Canada

After reading this I just tried with my CS.
FWIW: I run the latest firmwares (CS kernel 3.10.0, DJI Go4 4.1.6) and my adjustments can be performed as usual (as in your "what used to happen").

This just to confirm that it is not a firmware related issue.
Questions:
- When shutting down the CS, do you preform a true "power off" (vs. a quick power off push, which only puts the unit to sleep)
- Did you try a CS reset? A bit of a pain, but if all else fails...

Please post back your findings when all is good again so that it may help others.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Like 2# mentioned, please try to reset the CS. If it doesn' help, it would be great if you can provide us with a controlling procedure video for a better confirmation. Please kindly note that you need to connect your drone when changing the some of the settings, e.g MC Settings.
2017-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules