transmission signal breaks up
1476 7 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bartone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53458 ft
United States

I'm flying a P3Pro, iPadPro. I've got to admit, the software isn't the latest, as I fear updating! This just started happening, about every ten seconds (regardless of distance). Here I was 5 feet from the controller (or less) and I get this signal breakup from the top to the bottom - like a refresh. Just started happening. Full batteries, and the video from the P3Pro is perfect - only problem is in viewing the transmission. Had a small crash not too long ago, I'm wondering if it's related. No damage (that I know of). I sent this up this morning for about ten minutes, seems to fly perfectly and record perfectly. P3Pro.jpg BTW, the image says I was 94 feet from the drone, I was actually about 5 feet away. This was taken while the drone and remote were sitting on my dining room table.
2017-10-26
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Kind of hard to give much advise not knowing all the facts, but assuming you had no issues with this setup until now, and you say you had a light crash.............might be worth checking to seat the cables are plugged in securely into the top of the camera assembly. Maybe even pull them out and re-seat them. If it is truly a video signal problem try changing your channel to one in particular instead of auto. Best not to test inside. You may have interference from something like microwave, etc. Just offering some suggestions here. Your video should be good since it stores it on the sd-card. You may try an IMU calibration and gimbal calibration, not saying it would have anything to do with it but if
I ever have anything querky like this going on, I will try to get everything back to where it should be. Also maybe check your ribbon cable on the camera/gimbal. Look to se they are also secured in the sockets. I understand the camera if functioning, but obviously your video stream is effected and I don't know what component takes care of that. I'm sure you have re-booted the tablet. Check you video transmission rate in your settings too. Set it back to 4mb and see if it helps. You may have it set too high and your device just can't handle the data. Good luck.
2017-10-26
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Bartone,

Ricardo is making very good points, especially about checking individual channels instead of using Auto (try Custom).  Also, if the aircraft and remote controller are less than ten feet apart, they can interfere with each other.  This is also true if you fly with another 2.4 GHz Phantom and the flier is less than ten feet away from you.

Hope this helps!  Try Ricardo's suggestions.  I think he covered them all.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The aircraft performance can not be ensured after crash. If there is no helps to try in the outdoor, please consider to send it in: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-10-26
Use props
Bartone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 53458 ft
United States

Ricardo and the Captain seem to have nailed it. I upgraded all the various firmwares and finally switched the channel to custom. Seems to be a happy P3Pro now. Thanks to all. I AM considering a P4, mostly for the still resolution and perhaps a better lens, perhaps holding out for a P5. But for the moment, all is good again. Thanks!
2017-10-27
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Bartone Posted at 2017-10-27 11:52
Ricardo and the Captain seem to have nailed it. I upgraded all the various firmwares and finally switched the channel to custom. Seems to be a happy P3Pro now. Thanks to all. I AM considering a P4, mostly for the still resolution and perhaps a better lens, perhaps holding out for a P5. But for the moment, all is good again. Thanks!

Glad to hear you had success! Happy flying.
2017-10-27
Use props
fansf37ede86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1584262 ft
Australia

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-10-27 12:23
Glad to hear you had success! Happy flying.

Same - I've been having video signal breakup for months now and after some testing today I switched channel to custom the issue all but disappeared.
Switch to custom and look for the strongest channel then switch to that.
Cheers
2017-11-5
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

My first thoughts are : Go outside away from all the domestic RF that floods the air ...

Nice to hear solution found.

Nigel
2017-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules