Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Frequent new (and broken) DJI Go app versions... WTH DJI??
1617 20 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

- 4.1.14 ... and they managed to ruin flight records function (when I try to change to satellite or hybrid view the app crashes - other users already reported same issues) ...  

- 4.1.10 on iOS have extreme video lagging problems on iPad mini 4 that make app unusable (switched to Litchi which runs smoothly)

- 4.1.0 (or whatever was the previous version)  had a bug with Find my Drone function always pointing to China....

I wouldn't be so anxious for new (broken) app versions...  I wish I never updated anything in my Mavic since I bought it....

2017-10-26
Use props
Flycaster
lvl.4
United States

Yup, still on .400 and the older version of go4 (forget which version) and rock solid. I have the go app backed up and my Mavic will never see the internet, (except for the activation process when purchased). I just download the maps from Google Maps, and good to go.

6/7 months and nary a hiccup.

You can still find the "older" version of the go app out there, and .400 firmware for the Mavic (which seems the most solid), no nagging update notices, no wrong nfz's, no gimbal resets, or tilted horizons, no nagging login/log out bits.

Search for "Digdat0" on youtube......
2017-10-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was on all the latest but because DJI is becoming so intrusive I did a little research and downgraded mavic to .700 and I rolled the iOS dji go 4 app back to 4.0.8  noweverything is great again.
2017-10-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Flycaster Posted at 2017-10-26 12:50
Yup, still on .400 and the older version of go4 (forget which version) and rock solid. I have the go app backed up and my Mavic will never see the internet, (except for the activation process when purchased). I just download the maps from Google Maps, and good to go.

I digdat0 too, .700 works great too and you get fixed wing mode..
2017-10-26
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Just to let you know I am didn't have any problems flying. I updated to GO 4.1.14, am running current iOS and FW. Find my Drone points to my house.But just checked and c an see all my flight records, but when I try to switch from map to satellite view it glitches out and reverts to safari or just closes the app, didn't take any videos during last flight so don't know if the would be choppy. Did take photos and there were ok.

So must agree, there is a problem with the current GO4 app.
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the crash of the v4.1.14, had you tried reinstalling the app? If the problem persists, could you please export the crash logs of the app, provide the firmware version of your drone and RC with me? I'll transfer it to our engineer for analyzing.
The crash logs of the app need to be exported by iTools, please install iTools on your computer----Toolbox----Advanced Features
Thank you for your assistance.
2017-10-26
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

Flycaster Posted at 2017-10-26 12:50

Will, do... but for iOS things are a bit more complicated since I can't install apps myself... I have to make it through the appstore which  only provides the latest app version
2017-10-27
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-26 19:31
For the crash of the v4.1.14, had you tried reinstalling the app? If the problem persists, could you please export the crash logs of the app, provide the firmware version of your drone and RC with me? I'll transfer it to our engineer for analyzing.
The crash logs of the app need to be exported by iTools, please install iTools on your computer----Toolbox----Advanced Features
Thank you for your assistance.

It's happenning to everyone on iOS... Try yourself Thor...
2017-10-27
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I think you have to accept that this app is not just a simple bit of coding and it has to try and work on numerous different phones and tablets. There will be glitches and you can stick your head in the sand and  fly on an old app but if you want all the newer features then you have to update.
As an example, Google is constantly updating its apps all the time and so are other manufacturers, Microsoft being one of the worst.
I am always careful when the app updates and don't push the boundaries until I am sure it is working.
2017-10-27
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
United States

Just updated to 4.1.15. Seems to have fixed the flight log issue. Haven't flown yet, so can't speak of any of the other issues. Will try to fly in the morning, weather permitting.
2017-10-28
Use props
Albatros24
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116010 ft
France

Thanks to the developers of DJI, the bug of the flight recordings is corrected !
Good flights to all !
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-10-27 16:31
It's happenning to everyone on iOS... Try yourself Thor...

Could you please update to V4.1.15 to have a try?
2017-10-28
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
United States

Updated to 4.1.15 and all is good. no problem flying, videoing, photographing and seeing flight log in satellite view etc.
2017-10-28
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

I have the current firmware on my Mavic Pro, I installed DJI Go 4 version 4.1.15 last night, and flew three batteries this morning with no problems. The flight log problem with the previous release has been fixed and it no longer crashes when switching to satellite mode.
2017-10-28
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-28 07:41
Could you please update to V4.1.15 to have a try?

I did it and seems all good now.... tks Mindy
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-10-29 16:04
I did it and seems all good now.... tks Mindy

Good to know, any problem, please keep us updated.
2017-10-30
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

Any idea when the new Android GO4 update released?
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DJ Enertia Posted at 2017-10-30 04:59

Sorry that we do not have the info regarding this right now, thanks for your patience.
2017-10-30
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Brazil

DJ Enertia Posted at 2017-10-30 04:59

"Wait Patiently"...
2017-10-30
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

2017-10-31
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

One thing I just noticed with 4.1.15, is the battery level indicator on the flight record.... If you play one flight record the battery indicator shows the level of charge left on the battery, as it should. However, if you use the previous or next buttons to view another flight log, the battery level continues to display the battery level of the flight log that you looked at previously. The battery level indicator will only change if you play the flight log (or scrub through it). If you're looking at the flight log to see how much battery was left after a flight, you must scrub through the log first!
2017-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules