Spark - Lost connection and crashed
2639 23 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans13ad7a5b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35381 ft
Sweden

[size=14.6667px]I had  a problem with my DJI Spark. Since my DJI Go has been updated to 4.1.10 version, my drone lost connection with remote and started landing in drone's current position. The drone was 20meters away. I flew in unobstructed area. The transmitter didn't respond any commands, the status led still flashed green. I restarted App but it didn't help, the drone was still disconnected. While landing the drone didn't stop at 0,3m level above the obstacle and fell down. Effect: The dron hit the roof of the building and damaged one of the engines and the propellers.
[size=14.6667px]I've sent my Spark for evaluation and they did respond that according to the logs the drone reacted correctly until crash.
[size=14.6667px] (https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... lE/view?usp=sharing)
[size=14.6667px]After this I've sent the videoclip which shows that the drone did not respond.
[size=14.6667px]https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7Mn9mBchB0TVWIwUFhxcEo5Tm8
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]They answered to me that according to the below chart the dron did respond to the signals.
[size=14.6667px]In this chart, blue line are the drones vertical movements.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Mn9mBchB0Temk5Wi1qQXA5dkE/view?usp=sharing
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]In second chart we can see purple line before crash was the Drones horizontal movements and position.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7Mn9mBchB0Tc1F0V0J4S01JX2c/view?usp=sharing
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]I think that they didn''t see the video because their respond doesn't match the video.
[size=14.6667px]

[size=14.6667px]What do you think about it? What can I do to prove that it's not my fault that the dron crashed.

2017-10-26
Use props
fans13ad7a5b
lvl.1
Sweden

Hello !
I had  a problem with my DJI Spark. Since my DJI Go has been updated to 4.1.10 version, my drone lost connection with remote and started landing in drone's current position. The drone was 20meters away. I flew in unobstructed area. The transmitter didn't respond any commands, the status led still flashed green. I restarted App but it didn't help, the drone was still disconnected. While landing the drone didn't stop at 0,3m level above the obstacle and fell down. Effect: The dron hit the roof of the building and damaged one of the engines and the propellers.
I've sent my Spark for evaluation and they did respond that according to the logs the drone reacted correctly until crash.
(JPG)
After this I've sent the videoclip which shows that the drone did not respond.
Link

They answered to me that according to the below chart the dron did respond to the signals.
In this chart, blue line are the drones vertical movements.

Link

In second chart we can see purple line before crash was the Drones horizontal movements and position.
Link

I think that they didn''t see the video because their respond doesn't match the video.

What do you think about it? What can I do to prove that it's not my fault that the dron crashed.
Regards Irek
2017-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans13ad7a5b Posted at 2017-10-26 12:32
Hello !
I had  a problem with my DJI Spark. Since my DJI Go has been updated to 4.1.10 version, my drone lost connection with remote and started landing in drone's current position. The drone was 20meters away. I flew in unobstructed area. The transmitter didn't respond any commands, the status led still flashed green. I restarted App but it didn't help, the drone was still disconnected. While landing the drone didn't stop at 0,3m level above the obstacle and fell down. Effect: The dron hit the roof of the building and damaged one of the engines and the propellers.
I've sent my Spark for evaluation and they did respond that according to the logs the drone reacted correctly until crash.

Can you upload your log to phantomhelp link below just click on link and follow instructions and come back here and post link. It might tells us some more. It’s the flight log from your phone app.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-10-26
Use props
fans13ad7a5b
lvl.1
Sweden

1 log - this one i think is from this video : Link
2 log
3 log

but i think i don't have this one with crash moment!  - why ?
2017-10-26
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14237874 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If the signal is lost RTH will initiate and if you have not set RTH at current altitude in the app it will land where it is if up to 20m away from the home point. I'm guessing the building caused the obstruction to break signal at such close range?
2017-10-26
Use props
fans13ad7a5b
lvl.1
Sweden

It is just a 20meters, building is not covered by metal and there weren't any obstacles between the drone and transmitter.
The log shows that drone is on 40meters until crash- why?
2017-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans13ad7a5b Posted at 2017-10-26 12:58
1 log - this one i think is from this video : Link
2 log
3 log

There is a chunk of your flight log missing, what I can see from that log is at 2.59 you made some stick movements with throttle to try to bring AC down but there was no response from radio to aircraft, this should trigger RTH but that is missing from log ,depending on what setting you had for RTH within 20 metres AC will either just land or fly home at its current height unless it’s less than approx 3 metre. If you could check again to see if you can upload the end of flight it might help.
2017-10-26
Use props
fans13ad7a5b
lvl.1
Sweden

Next question is: why I don't have missing part of log ? This is everything I had...
2017-10-26
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

fans13ad7a5b Posted at 2017-10-26 13:37
Next question is: why I don't have missing part of log ? This is everything I had...

I don’t know, but this log ends at 144 ft altitude and 65 ft distance (19.8 metre) .
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Feel sorry about the accident. Since your spark crashed and got hurt, please contact our support: http://www.dji.com/support. Can you try to connect your spark with DJI Assistant 2 and export the flight data and the black box data? Then provide them to our support for further analysis.
2017-10-26
Use props
fans13ad7a5b
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi DJI Elektra !
I wrote, the aircraft is now on dji desk... They think it was my fault and said I had control until crash...
2017-10-26
Use props
fans13ad7a5b
lvl.1
Sweden

Next chart from Dji. It shows I had control in last seconds (I can't read how many - bad quality). It seems to me that I had too little time to react after regaining control ... Very unlucky case
image004.png
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans13ad7a5b Posted at 2017-10-26 22:07
Next chart from Dji. It shows I had control in last seconds (I can't read how many - bad quality). It seems to me that I had too little time to react after regaining control ... Very unlucky case

Did the case solved? Please inform us if you still need help.
2017-10-28
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

fans13ad7a5b Posted at 2017-10-26 22:07

What I think, the chart shows, is that in the last 3 seconds with sport mode the bird got down from 10 to 0 m. I have not tried that, but can we fly the drone into ground, in sport mode? Or wouldnt the Spark slow down, as soon the vision system sees something. Can it be, you have used the wrong direction on the left joystick?
2017-10-28
Use props
Vonsky
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi!
Unfortunately, the problem is still not solved. They don't  answer directly to my questions, still wrote about log's.

From e-mail conversation:

Me:
1. Are all the moves of the aircraft you're talking about you see on the video?
2. Why the aircraft just landed and it is still in same position? How You can tell me the aircraft works fine, when still don't move?

3. Why in my flight log (telephone memory) flight have only 3 minutes and ends on 44 meters height - still until to crash ?

4. Why the aircraft don't pull up, when throttle stick was up ?

DJI:
For this case, our technician reviewed case again for you. From below chart you can see relative height curve and flight mode as well as stick input information.
This chart will help to illustrate flight status and flight modes and stick input correlation.

Based on the flight records data analysis, you can in in landing mode craft is landing the flying height is decreasing shows that craft responded to signal and performed well.
Under the GPS mode, pilot has no stick input so craft was hovering.
After GPS mode, sport mode was on and pilot did stick input which lead to crash.  

Me:

This chart  shows that I (maybe) had control last seconds...
Did you see how many seconds I had to do something ? I can't read on chart (bad quality)
Did you think it was my fault ?

DJI:
I communicated with our technician for many time to review your case, still from the data analysis it is no warranty case.
I am sorry for you, but this is our engineer assessment result.

We are repair centre, our purpose is to help our valuable customers to solve the issue and enjoy flight experience with DJI product.
If a unit is warranty there is really no reason for us to make it a no warranty case.
Please kindly understand.
Thank you in advance.
For any further questions, please feel free to let me know.
A good day.

So it's still same „the data analysis shows” bla bla bla...

they said:
„Under the GPS mode, pilot has no stick input so craft was hovering.” - i don't see hovering on video....
After GPS mode, sport mode was on and pilot did stick input which lead to crash.” -(maybe – i don't know- it was 1 second ) aircraft don't move up when i push throttle stick upward – my conclusion – i didn't have full control

LOG

I have asked many times (as you can see above) or  they see everything they wrote on logs from my phone and video from the aircraft. They do not want to answer this question ....

I contacted the dj chat, but no one can help in that situation and refers to the support, and if I'm not satisfied with the work of the e mail support contact phone support (Netherlands - there is an aircraft). Unfortunately the  office in the Netherlands was closed at 5 pm (opening hours 10am - 7pm). I called the office in the UK and they told me that I can mail to the second email address I received in the first message from DJI ....
so they still transfer me to other people / places. Nobody can make a decision or comment on the topic.

2017-10-29
Use props
m1n1s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-10-26 13:58
I don’t know, but this log ends at 144 ft altitude and 65 ft distance (19.8 metre) .

Any chance you can ask them for a better quality chart record , this one is very hard to read?
2017-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

m1n1s Posted at 2017-10-29 04:47
Any chance you can ask them for a better quality chart record , this one is very hard to read?

Dat files are hard to read, it’s much easier to read phantomhelp log it’s a pity it ended where it did because that would have given you a proper reading of stick movements and AC reaction , have you tried again to see if you can retrieve end of this log.
2017-10-29
Use props
Vonsky
lvl.1
Sweden

Unfortunaely, this log is only one I have...
I asummed that I have this little because I lost the control over the aircraft (no connection- the tansmitter doesn't respond but the led lit green for all the time),so maybe the aircraft spared more informations than the transmitter or mobile...
2017-10-29
Use props
Vonsky
lvl.1
Sweden

I found also this message from Dji :
"No warranty according to data analysis. Fly046 1.The aircraft was controlled by pilot in GPS mode. 2.T=363s,H=44m,D=19m,Landing was triggered by RC lost. 3.T=394s,H=13m,D=1m,aircraft entered in gps mode.And then aircraft switched in Sport mode by pilot.Pilot was pushing 100% roll stick to the left and 100% pitch stick backward,100% throttle stick upward.T=395s,h=13m,d=19m,aircraft crashed. Conclusionilot fault.NO Warranty."
Look at the distance - T:363s D:19m
T:394s D:1 m !
T:395s (1s  later!) D:19m
It's really fast drone ;) and they wrote :"ilot was pushing 100% roll stick to the left and 100% pitch stick backward,100% throttle stick upward." - why "h" is still 13 meters when throttle was 100% upward ?
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Vonsky Posted at 2017-10-29 04:05
Hi!
Unfortunately, the problem is still not solved. They don't  answer directly to my questions, still wrote about log's.

Please provide me the case number so I can check more details for you.
2017-10-30
Use props
Vonsky
lvl.1
Sweden

CAS-1095524-Z7W7M2
Thanks !
2017-10-30
Use props
Vonsky
lvl.1
Sweden

Neverending story.... i don't have more energy to them
In conclusion:
Me: 1.      After watching the video you claim that I had control over the drone and I could avoid accidents?
DJI: Pilot could push up stick to make craft fly away from the obstacle and then operate horizontal stick to avoid crash.

My comment: According to the log that I received from DJI, the pilot did exactly what they recommend .... but spark still landed...

Me: 2.      Is it normal for these drones to lose their range during the flight at such a small distance in the field without large transmitters etc?
DJI: There is obstacle standing in between the craft and RC, the signal was interfered and caused short out of control.
My comment: There was no obstacle between the aircraft and the transmitter, but the technicians from the DJI know better ... maybe they stood next to me, I did not notice ...

Me: 3.      According to you, I had control over the drones, why in the log of my phone I have a total length of 144 ft until the crash?
DJI: Because of the obstacle the image transmission was broken so there is no record for the followings.

My comment: I would like to show this "obstacle"

Me: 4. Can you tell me how many seconds I had control ?
     DJI: 4. 2 seconds.
My comment: no comment....

The worst service I've ever encountered in life, not looking at reality, "technicians" see their logs on their computers and try to be omniscient. Next time I think hard before I buy something from DJI. especially without insurance - not from possible damage, but from incompetence of the service.

2017-10-31
Use props
Vonsky
lvl.1
Sweden

Dji Elektra:
Thanks a lot...!
2017-11-15
Use props
ImTravis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

Next time, send a picture of the area you were in, to show that there was no obstacle. Obstacle avoidance is turned off in Sport mode (it reminds you of that everytime enabling it), I believe that includes the downward vision sensor for landing.
2017-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules