3107 37 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GARN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1685413 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why is every interaction with DJI sooooo painful? I JUST bought a brand new Battery at the Apple Store in Lenox Mall and it’s broken. I was just past the two week return policy from Apple
2017-10-26
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Dji should still make good on it.
2017-10-26
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I'll bite
What is broke about it?
2017-10-26
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

No charge what so ever?

Did you place it on the charger and let it sit for awhile, incase its actually in self hibernation mode...?

RedHotPoker
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are so sorry for the unpleasant experience with our product, please refer to RedHotPoker's suggestion, if the problem persists, please contact our support to send in for evaluation, thank you.
2017-10-26
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Oh Snap...That post did leave a lot to be desired..I wrote ALOT more than what showed up..My complaint as that this was a BRAND new battery and instead of DJI quickly replacing it, they tske 4 or 5 days of emailing the same information before I can even send it back. It’s just such a painful process for getting a replacement for s battery that has never flown or worked. So now, I grounded while I wait for a battery. DJI should follow Apples lead and at least ship you one while they wait to figure out what’s wrong with it,.

These screen shots show one of the errors. The other said bad cell do not use or something like that..You can see it says land now, but it have never been in the air as the drone would not fly at all with it. I tried all the tips to get it to work. Long Press, Drain to 8% then fill, and finally, I just sent it back yesterday. So now, I will be out of the air for weeks if I know DJI.

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/3905/NqofUf.png
2017-10-27
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Did you try and run it down way down just sitting in the drone at idle, and then charge it back up?  Looks like one cell was much higher due to an imbalance and maybe a drain and recharge might make it well again...maybe.  These things are super-sensitive to a cell voltage imbalance.
2017-10-27
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-26 17:15
No charge what so ever?

Did you place it on the charger and let it sit for awhile, incase its actually in self hibernation mode...?

Absolutely..I tried  everything..Here another pic..

2017-10-27
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-26 17:15
No charge what so ever?

Story..Yes It would charge to the thrid light and then just blink..off the charger it would show all greens bars but when plugged in, DJI go would say can not take off and the error...My Problem. Is that I bought this brand new and never flew it and now it took a week just to.send DJI the same information over and over, Now it will take FOREVER to get a battery back.

2017-10-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

GARN Posted at 2017-10-27 17:43
Story..Yes It would charge to the thrid light and then just blink..off the charger it would show all greens bars but when plugged in, DJI go would say can not take off and the error...My Problem. Is that I bought this brand new and never flew it and now it took a week just to.send DJI the same information over and over, Now it will take FOREVER to get a battery back.

[view_image]

Do you have another battery pack? Almost everyone who has a Phantom has more than one pack. So consider going and buying another one from the Apple store, then test it immediately to see if it is OK. That way you can go back and exchange it straight away if it is faulty.
2017-10-27
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-27 18:06
Do you have another battery pack? Almost everyone who has a Phantom has more than one pack. So consider going and buying another one from the Apple store, then test it immediately to see if it is OK. That way you can go back and exchange it straight away if it is faulty.

I know and that’s what I will probably do but I dream of a day when DJI finally gets customer service. What major company makes you go through all the hoops to return a brand new battery with the receipt from 2 weeks ago. Not many, anymore. If it were just hey, send it back and we will shoot you out a new one, that would be one thing.  Instead, it’s like you did something wrong for buying their broken product. It took me a week of emails just to get the “right” to send it back. Now the wait begins..

Look, I love DJI’s products for the most part but becuase I have many of their items, I do have returns here and there. It getting to be so painful that I just don’t want to but their stuff anymore. It’s just bad..
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

GARN Posted at 2017-10-27 17:27
Oh Snap...That post did leave a lot to be desired..I wrote ALOT more than what showed up..My complaint as that this was a BRAND new battery and instead of DJI quickly replacing it, they tske 4 or 5 days of emailing the same information before I can even send it back. It’s just such a painful process for getting a replacement for s battery that has never flown or worked. So now, I grounded while I wait for a battery. DJI should follow Apples lead and at least ship you one while they wait to figure out what’s wrong with it,.

These screen shots show one of the errors. The other said bad cell do not use or something like that..You can see it says land now, but it have never been in the air as the drone would not fly at all with it. I tried all the tips to get it to work. Long Press, Drain to 8% then fill, and finally, I just sent it back yesterday. So now, I will be out of the air for weeks if I know DJI.

Could you please provide the case number so that I can look into the status?
2017-10-27
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

GARN Posted at 2017-10-27 18:20
I know and that’s what I will probably do but I dream of a day when DJI finally gets customer service. What major company makes you go through all the hoops to return a brand new battery with the receipt from 2 weeks ago. Not many, anymore. If it were just hey, send it back and we will shoot you out a new one, that would be one thing.  Instead, it’s like you did something wrong for buying their broken product. It took me a week of emails just to get the “right” to send it back. Now the wait begins..

Look, I love DJI’s products for the most part but becuase I have many of their items, I do have returns here and there. It getting to be so painful that I just don’t want to but their stuff anymore. It’s just bad..

I see you are in the United States, and that means you have a US formed idea of how customer service should be done. But you are forgetting that DJI are a Chinese company, and the Chinese have a cultural difference in terms of business. In the US, the customer is always right, in China the customer should never cause the seller problems, and if they do, they will be ignored.
2017-10-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Hi Geoff, Thankfully, in Canada, and likely the USA as well, the BBB is an option.
Either to call and leave a descriptive complaint, or to check out a companies worth...

In this case, @Garn has already sent the errant flight pack back, to the manufacturer. Hopefully he will receive his replacement battery soon, and we can all forget about it. ;-)

Sorry that it was such an ordeal, just to send it in, for exchange. Good luck in the future.

@Garn, Please report back here, when you have trialled the new battery.

Let us know how long it took, and the condition of your new pack. Thanks.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-27
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-27 18:57
I see you are in the United States, and that means you have a US formed idea of how customer service should be done. But you are forgetting that DJI are a Chinese company, and the Chinese have a cultural difference in terms of business. In the US, the customer is always right, in China the customer should never cause the seller problems, and if they do, they will be ignored.

I feel it..That’s why they need to be sensitive to the American Market. That’s how they will build brand loyalty. Intel is powering the future of drones and  don’t think for a min that there isn’t a truly awesome American made Drone coming to market soon.  The day that a real competitor steps forward, DJI better have this customer service stuff solved.
I want to be clear...I love My DJI Drines’s...Just hate the service...
2017-10-27
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-27 18:22

CAS-1156198-D2L4F4
2017-10-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

GARN Posted at 2017-10-27 19:55
I feel it..That’s why they need to be sensitive to the American Market. That’s how they will build brand loyalty. Intel is powering the future of drones and  don’t think for a min that there isn’t a truly awesome American made Drone coming to market soon.  The day that a real competitor steps forward, DJI better have this customer service stuff solved.
I want to be clear...I love My DJI Drines’s...Just hate the service...

What are those Drines’s, you talk about? Haha

RedHotPoker
2017-10-27
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-27 19:59
What are those Drines’s, you talk about? Haha

Ha! Yeah, I tried to edit it but I have some kinda time limit and it locked my ability to edit it.
2017-10-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

GARN Posted at 2017-10-27 21:07
Ha! Yeah, I tried to edit it but I have some kinda time limit and it locked my ability to edit it.

That's odd, as I can go back and correct spelling or grammatical errors weeks in the future.

Anyway, not a big deal. Just some silly spelling errors that don't mean a thing. ;-)

I hope that you are enjoying the evening, and your time well spent, while on the forum.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-27
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-27 18:22

Thanks for looking into it..I am only upset becuase when you buy something BRAND NEW you expect it to work. However, if it doesn’t I expect to have another shipped to replace it somewhat quickly. I had to supply the same info 3 times before I could even send it in. I provided the receipt, serial number, and pics of the error. DJI should understand that we all have different needs and I NEED this battery back quick for a trip to the beach. They are way to pricey to just run out and buy another so I hope you can just get them to send one out. THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL!

If you look st the case and track the package, you will see it in route.I have also attached my receipt here for your review.

emailreceipt_20171006R0064740933.pdf

407.01 KB, Down times: 4

Receipt

2017-10-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

GARN Posted at 2017-10-27 21:24
Thanks for looking into it..I am only upset becuase when you buy something BRAND NEW you expect it to work. However, if it doesn’t I expect to have another shipped to replace it somewhat quickly. I had to supply the same info 3 times before I could even send it in. I provided the receipt, serial number, and pics of the error. DJI should understand that we all have different needs and I NEED this battery back quick for a trip to the beach. They are way to pricey to just run out and buy another so I hope you can just get them to send one out. THAT WOULD BE HELPFUL!

If you look st the case and track the package, you will see it in route.I have also attached my receipt here for your review.

You have been very civil, and polite about this frustration, so, I'm sure it will eventually all work out happily for you.
If you were closer to me, I would send you a flight pack, to borrow, in the mean time...

"It won't be long now", said the Rabbi. Ha

Remember to post back here, when the new flight pack arrives, to your home mail box. Thanks.

Wishing you much great luck in the future, and only happy landings. Chuckles

RedHotPoker
2017-10-27
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-27 21:31
You have been very civil, and polite about this frustration, so, I'm sure it will eventually all work out happily for you.
If you were closer to me, I would send you a flight pack, to borrow, in the mean time...

That’s very neighborly but you don’t need to. If anyone should expedite a battery, it’s DJI.. Thanks Anyway..
2017-10-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

GARN Posted at 2017-10-27 22:03
That’s very neighborly but you don’t need to. If anyone should expedite a battery, it’s DJI.. Thanks Anyway..

Thanks for being a gentleman throughout this unexpected frustration.
It couldn't have happened to a nicer drone pilot?! ;-)

I wish that everyone who enters this chamber, would keep it polite and straight forward.
But I do understand how the screw ups, can bring us down...

DJI should actually send you a battery and a gift certificate... For the trouble.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-27
Use props
ARose16
New
United States

I had the same issue buying a battery from Best Buy! It was DOA, so I returned it to the store the next day. They replaced it no problem, only for me to discover that one was also DOA!

Must have had a bad batch or something. From now on, I'm just going to buy new batteries direct from DJI to ensure it's a good one.

Thankfully DJI did take care of me at no charge, but now I just have to wait for the replacement to arrive.
2017-10-28
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

ARose16 Posted at 2017-10-28 07:07
I had the same issue buying a battery from Best Buy! It was DOA, so I returned it to the store the next day. They replaced it no problem, only for me to discover that one was also DOA!

Must have had a bad batch or something. From now on, I'm just going to buy new batteries direct from DJI to ensure it's a good one.

Yeah, I bought this one form the Apple store. I wish I would have tested it right away.
2017-10-28
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Well, I just broke down and bought another one and will have to WAIT for DJI to send back my other one..We will see if this one works!!

2017-10-28
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

GARN Posted at 2017-10-28 11:24
Well, I just broke down and bought another one and will have to WAIT for DJI to send back my other one..We will see if this one works!!

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/765/y9VtU7.jpg[/img]

What is that contraption in the left side of the photo?
2017-10-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

GARN Posted at 2017-10-28 11:24

http://imageshack.com/a/img924/765/y9VtU7.jpg[/img]

As Irate ask, what's the thing to the left, some heavy duty antenna range booster or ?
2017-10-28
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-28 11:36
What is that contraption in the left side of the photo?

@ Keddk and Irate.....Yep..It’s a 2.4 and 5.8 - 3 Watt amplifier for my P4P.. Triples my distance and I gives me  perfect video and instant reaction time. I moded the controller and got rid of those crappy DJI antennas. PS- New Battery works great..

2017-10-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

GARN Posted at 2017-10-29 00:27
@ Keddk and Irate.....Yep..It’s a 2.4 and 5.8 - 3 Watt amplifier for my P4P.. Triples my distance and I gives me  perfect video and instant reaction time. I moded the controller and got rid of those crappy DJI antennas. PS- New Battery works great..
[view_image]

Thanks, sounds practical but some of a big addon, doyou have any links for it?

Congratulations with the working battery, remember to give it some good gym (deep dischage) the first times.
2017-10-29
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-29 02:29
Thanks, sounds practical but some of a big addon, doyou have any links for it?

Congratulations with the working battery, remember to give it some good gym (deep dischage) the first times.

Yeah Buddy..

MaxxUAV
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Received with thanks! Per the case log, the shipping label has been send and the package is on the way. The local team will check and proceed the case once received.
2017-10-29
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

GARN Posted at 2017-10-29 21:13
Yeah Buddy..

MaxxUAV

Thank you. even their page is not up to date or they are way behind schedule, seem that P4P is not fully supported.

Currently, this kit can only be used with the ITE-DBS02.2 antenna which only works on 2.4 GHz. You must manually select 2.4 GHz in the DJI Go app for it to work. DO NOT USE this antenna when flying on Auto or 5.8 GHz mode! Around April 2017, we will have an antenna with both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz
2017-10-31
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-31 00:07
Thank you. even their page is not up to date or they are way behind schedule, seem that P4P is not fully supported.

Currently, this kit can only be used with the ITE-DBS02.2 antenna which only works on 2.4 GHz. You must manually select 2.4 GHz in the DJI Go app for it to work. DO NOT USE this antenna when flying on Auto or 5.8 GHz mode! Around April 2017, we will have an antenna with both 2.4 and 5.8 GHz

Nope..I do have that antenna as well (for my Mavic)but that’s not what was in the link..I looked on your site in EU and it’s this:

https://www.maxxuav.eu/collectio ... antom-4-pro-and-pro
2017-10-31
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

In other words, I use the amplifier I posted above with this antenna:

https://www.maxxuav.eu/collectio ... r-for-phantom-4-pro
2017-10-31
Use props
GARN
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-29 23:12
Received with thanks! Per the case log, the shipping label has been send and the package is on the way. The local team will check and proceed the case once received.

Can you please try to speed this up. I need it for vacation..It show as delivered on November 2 from the tracking. Now that you have it and I have sent you a Apple store receipt from only 4 weeks ago, can you please go ahead and send me my replacement?

2017-11-4
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

GARN Posted at 2017-11-4 18:00
Can you please try to speed this up. I need it for vacation..It show as delivered on November 2 from the tracking. Now that you have it and I have sent you a Apple store receipt from only 4 weeks ago, can you please go ahead and send me my replacement?

Received with thanks! The package has been received by the local team. I have forwarded to the designated team to expedite the progress. Hopefully we can figure it out soon.
2017-11-7
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

GARN Posted at 2017-10-31 18:35
In other words, I use the amplifier I posted above with this antenna:

https://www.maxxuav.eu/collections/dji-phantom-4-pro-pro/products/dual-band-4hawks-raptor-xr-extreme-range-extender-for-phantom-4-pro

Thanks again, think i got it now, also noticed a complete package but very expensive taking to account that the specs from DJI is false (in my case).
Guess i could do with same amplifier you link to and just a pair of antennas, i have no need for the range but a stable connection.

Hopefully your battery issue get solved soon, seem it take a lot of time just to get a batt swapped. :-/
2017-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules