Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NOW I'M UPSET!
2861 9 2015-4-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

2 months ago i paid $1400 for lightbridge and now for $400 less you can buya entire craft with it! Phantom 3 in case you didn't know $999.00.  I wouldn't be so upset if my $1400 lightbridge had some more functionality. We should be able to use the lightbridge App or the pilot app. I'm running naza-m with lightbridge so why can't i have 1 button take off and some of the other stuff? Even with my naza-m v2 we all know the phantom 2 runs it. So why can't i set my altitude and speed for return to home and what not?  With my f550, gimble, go pro, propulsion system, batteries, controller i paid triple or more for the dji products to put it together,  so why do we get screwed on the options and settings? Come on DJI, naza-m is naza-m and we both know it. So stop playing bootloader games with us and stick all the options into 1 firmware And let us be happy and configure our toys like we need to! Especially the return to home settings!
Any one else agree? Post a +1 to this thread!
2015-4-9
Use props
buckina
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1020984 ft
United States

Lightbridge isn't by itself the component that makes all the features you describe possible.  The new phantom utilizes a version of the remote that was introduced with Inspire... As such, the pilot App won't work with a first or second generation phantom tx.

A stand alone lightbridge is in fact, more capable than the version used in the new Phantom and Inspire.  For starters, the feed sent back is 1080p while the one packaged in the aircraft only send 720p

Firmware...  I assume you'd want to avail yourself of DJI's engineering and support right?  I mean, the craft are a stand-out as far as integration is concerned.

I use my first lightbridge differently now... Not on a multi rotor at all but rather to send remote feeds from handheld cams mounted on Ronin.

It's an age old story... As technology moves forward, integration gets better and, unfortunately, older gear gets de-valued.  For me, I'd rather see progress than cob together bits and pieces to keep old gear going.  That's what eBay is for... to sell off your old gear at a reasonable price and make room for new toys
2015-4-9
Use props
kleake1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1361040 ft
United States

I'm with ya.  I have the Lightbridge on my P2 H3-3d and now the P3 pretty much IS what my $2600 P2 is.  The only exception I can see so far is no HDMI out, so my Cinemizer won't work with it.  So yea,,,, I'm pretty disappointed as well.  NOW,,,,, "IF" they update the firmware to add more features and such that give it better features then yes,,,, I will still be satisfied, but if it's a dead end product, then it's pretty sad.  Yes, I do understand tech advancements and price drops,,, but the LB hasn't dropped.
2015-4-9
Use props
smee56
lvl.4
Flight distance : 18655 ft
Australia

Another thing to remember is that the P3 only outputs in 720.

2015-4-9
Use props
ksv2014
lvl.1

Ukraine

I think by addind waypoints functionality DJI can breathe new life into the Lightbridge. Maybe with adding waypoints into the Phantom's and Inspire's Pilot app Lightbridge users can also hope for it
2015-4-10
Use props
jammospiers

United Kingdom

I was looking to buy Lightbridge but now It makes financial sense to wait and see If they either drop the price of the it or release a newer cheaper version (maybe 720 only like the P3).
2015-4-13
Use props
randompost
lvl.1

Canada

Here is another device we should consider if DJI doesn't reply to our wants and NEEDS:    connex.amimon.com   
2015-4-17
Use props
randompost
lvl.1

Canada

BTW, I have lost all any and all output from the HDMI connector since last firmware (mid-March 2015)  update.  I have asked DJI for help and received exactly NOTHING.  Thankfully, the USB output still works so I can see what I'm shooting, but it's difficult to do do with a client peeking over your shoulder to look at the iPhone.  Come on DJI... at least tell us you are working to fix the issues with the standalone Lightbridge.  Gotta admit, the Connex from Aminon (.http://connex.amimon.com/products) looks very inviting.
2015-4-17
Use props
mark97564
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2067749 ft
United States

There was a firmware update in the middle of march 2015?  I dont see any recent firmware for lightbridge..
2015-4-18
Use props
randompost
lvl.1

Canada

mark97564@gmail Posted at 2015-4-18 19:28
There was a firmware update in the middle of march 2015?  I dont see any recent firmware for lightbr ...

You are correct...
the Quick Guide was updated in mid-March:  http://www.dji.com/product/dji-lightbridge/download  the firmware, however is from October/2014.
2015-4-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules