Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Enter to win prizes value $90,000! -2017 SkyPixel Photo Contest
123Next >
16119 115 2017-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Enter to win prizes value $90,000! -2017 SkyPixel Photo Contest

Introduction

Aerial photography inspires us to explore the unknown world and create unique works of art from a brand new perspective. Founded three years ago, SkyPixel is now one of the premier aerial photography communities in the world with over six million registered professionals and enthusiasts.

The 2017 SkyPixel Photo Contest is the most prominent aerial photography contest worldwide, and we have added a new Story category as well as a prize for nominated entrants in this year's competition. Exciting prizes with a total value of $90,000 are waiting for you, so enter now to win a DJI Zenmuse X7 camera, iPhone X, and more!

Dates

•    Submissions Start: October 26, 2017, 2:00 PM CST

•    Submissions End: December 29, 2017, 1:59 PM CST

Award Announcement: January 31, 2018

(*Times correspond to China Standard Time CST)

Rules

•    Photos must be from 2017.

•    Photographs from any aerial platform are welcome.

•    Except for entries from the Story category, all entries must be aerial photos.

•    You may submit as many images as you like, and choose any category to compete.

•    Submissions to both the Landscape and Portrait categories must be single photos, while submissions to the Story category must be a photo series of no less than five photos.

•    Entrants must choose to participate as either a Professional or Enthusiast, submitting all photos within their selected group.

•    Entrants must guarantee that all information provided is correct and that all photos were taken by themselves. Entries with watermarks are not recommended. Inaccurate information may lead to disqualification.

•    Photos submitted by entrants from the Enthusiast group must be at least 2MB and entries from the Professional group must be at least 5MB in size. All submissions are recommended to be no less than 300dpi.

Groups

•    This competition is open to two main participant groups: Professional and Enthusiast.

•    If you love aerial photography as a hobby, enter as an Enthusiast. If photography is what you do for a living, enter as a Professional.

•    You're free to decide which group to join, but you may only enter one group only. Prizes will differ between the two groups.

Categories

Entrants are invited to submit photos to one or more of the three main categories: Landscape, Portrait, and Story.

•    Whether they're stunning photos of landscapes or stark urban architecture, use aerial photography to capture the many-sided shapes of the world. Submissions to the Landscape category must be single photos captured with an aerial platform.

•              Capture a person’s expressions, actions, or postures from a new perspective, reflecting his or her real emotions or interactions in a beautiful setting. Submissions to the Portrait category must be single photos captured with aerial platforms.

•    Preserve those precious moments that come and go quickly in life. Submissions to the Story category must be a photo series consisting of at least five photos that tell a story. Submissions to the Story category can be captured with regular cameras including smartphones, as well as aerial platforms. The photo series must include at least one overlooking angle photo.

Prizes

·         Grand Prize x1

The 2017 SkyPixel Photo of the Year (Selected from any category in both Professional and Enthusiast groups).

Grand Prize:

Ÿ   DJI Inspire 2 (Zenmuse X7 + Zenmuse X7 DL-S 16mm F2.8 ND ASPH)

Ÿ   iPhone X 256G

Ÿ   Nikon D850 FX-format Digital SLR Camera Body

Ÿ   Lowepro Pro Runner RL x450 AW II

Ÿ   Manfrotto MKBFRC4-BH Befree Carbon Fiber Tripod with Ball Head

Ÿ   Rimowa Classic Flight Carry on Luggage IATA 21" Inch Cabin Multiwheel 33L TSA Suitcase Silver

Ÿ   Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB External Desktop Hard Drive Storage

Ÿ   Memorieslab ULTRASEC A CHROMOGENIC M

Total Value: $15,095 USD

·         Professional Group (There will be a first, second, and third place prize for each category).

First Prize x 3:

Ÿ   DJI Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian

Ÿ   Nikon D850 FX-format Digital SLR Camera Body

Ÿ   Rimowa Classic Flight Carry on Luggage IATA 21" Inch Cabin Multiwheel 33L TSA Suitcase Silver

Ÿ   Memorieslab FRAMED BARYTA PRINTS ULTRACHROME S

Total Value: $7,709 USD

Second Prize x 3:

Ÿ   DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo

Ÿ   iPhone X 256G

Ÿ   Memorieslab FINE ART PORTFOLIOS RAG 11''x16''

Total Value: $4,313 USD

Third Prize x 3:

Ÿ   DJI Sprak Fly More Combo (Alpine White)

Ÿ   MINI FRAMED PRINTS COLOUR 9''x6''

Total Value: $1,453 USD

·         Enthusiast Group (There will be a first, second, and third place prize for each category).

First Prize x 3:

Ÿ   DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Fly More Combo

Ÿ   iPhone X 256G

Ÿ   Manfrotto MB LF-WN-BP camera & laptop backpack for DSLR Lifestyle Windsor

Ÿ   Apple Watch Series 3 42mm GPS+Cellular

Ÿ   Memorieslab FRAMED BARYTA PRINTS ULTRACHROME S

Total Value: $3,922 USD

Second Prize x 3:

Ÿ   DJI Sprak Fly More Combo (Alpine White)

Ÿ   Memorieslab FINE ART PORTFOLIOS RAG 11''x16''

Total Value: $1,871 USD

Third Prize x 3:

Ÿ   DJI Osmo+

Ÿ   Memorieslab MINI FRAMED PRINTS COLOUR 9''x6''

Total Value: $903 USD

·         Nominated Entries x 9 (Generated from categories in either the Professional group or Enthusiast group).

Ÿ   DJI GOGGLES

Ÿ   Memorieslab INTEGRAL PRINTS COLOUR

Total Value: $792 USD

Popular Prize x 10

Additional Top 10 Popular Awards will be given out based on the number of likes received by December 29, 2017, 1:59PM CST. However, votes can only be entered on images in the Gallery.

Ÿ   DJI Osmo Mobile Silver

Ÿ   Memorieslab MATTED PRINTS COLOUR

Total Value: $758 USD

We only accept submissions to the contest site on PC.

Have a question about the 2017 SkyPixel Photo Contest? Email us at campaign@skypixel.com.

3.jpg
6.png
7.png
7.png
8.png
9.png
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Feel freely to ask any questions about the contest~
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Dear guys
If you are going to join the contest, I would like to share some tips here~~~hope these help you during the preparation
1. Photos submitted by entrants from the Enthusiast group must be at least 2 MB, and entries from the Professional group must be at least 5 MB in size. Individual photos should be kept under 15 MB and all submissions are recommended and to be no less than 300 dpi.
2. Submissions to the Landscape and Portrait categories can be shot with any brand of aerial equipment. However, submissions to the Story category must be a photo series consisting of at least five photos, including at least one top-down photo. They can be shot with aerial platforms, DSLRs, mirrorless cameras, smartphones, or any other equipment.
3. Submissions to the Story category must be a photo series consisting of at least five photos, including a top-down photo (see the photo below for reference). They can be shot with aerial platforms, DSLRs, mirrorless cameras, smartphones, or any other equipment.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

hey, guys.
I looked through your replies and thank you soooo much to be interested in our contest, really means to much for us.
And there are also some problems when you are preparing for the participation. Here are a few photos for basic uploading steps.

参赛指南 1.jpg
参赛指南 2.jpg
参赛指南 3.jpg
参赛指南 4.jpg
2017-11-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, these are some nice prices!
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-26 22:55
Wow, these are some nice prices!

Join the contest~~~Show us your nice pics
2017-10-26
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2379249 ft
Spain

Is it free? or is there any fee to pay for participation? and is it allowed to use photoshop or any editing or modification on the pictures?
2017-10-26
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-26 23:28
Is it free? or is there any fee to pay for participation? and is it allowed to use photoshop or any editing or modification on the pictures?

Yes! There is no extra charge for participation, it is totally free~ Additionally, you can use some edit software if you like~
2017-10-26
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-10-26 23:33
Yes! There is no extra charge for participation, it is totally free~ Additionally, you can use some edit software if you like~

Thank you I'll join up
2017-10-26
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-10-26 23:11
Join the contest~~~Show us your nice pics

First have to buy a drone I guess.
Still waiting for DJI to add 25fps shooting for the Spark OR me having saved enough for a P4A
2017-10-26
Use props
vasi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 16099 ft

France

Single photo also means that Panos are not allowed?
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

okkkk! And there is another thing I would like to note here. .
You can only enter the contest by uploading photos to the SkyPixel website during submission period. We will not reply to any participation requests in the form of email.
May this help you~
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-26 23:58
Still waiting for DJI to add 25fps shooting for the Spark OR me having saved enough for a P4A

See which one realize first~~~lol
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

vasi Posted at 2017-10-27 00:35
Single photo also means that Panos are not allowed?

Yes, that is not allowed
2017-10-27
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-10-27 00:49
Dear guys
If you are going to join the contest, I would like to share some tips here~~~hope these help you during the preparation
1. Photos submitted by entrants from the Enthusiast group must be at least 2 MB, and entries from the Professional group must be at least 5 MB in size. Individual photos should be kept under 15 MB and all submissions are recommended and to be no less than 300 dpi.2. Submissions to the Landscape and Portrait categories can be shot with any brand of aerial equipment. However, submissions to the Story category must be a photo series consisting of at least five photos, including at least one top-down photo. They can be shot with aerial platforms, DSLRs, mirrorless cameras, smartphones, or any other equipment.

Thanks for the tip...I have been looking at some of the pictures in SkyPixel...and the level is very high...Hope me and my Spark can live up to the challenge hahaha ;-)
2017-10-27
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-26 23:58

Hmmm...yeeah I guess a drone will be good to have to participate in an aerial photography contest...hahha why no the Mavic instead of P4A?
2017-10-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-27 00:59
Hmmm...yeeah I guess a drone will be good to have to participate in an aerial photography contest...hahha why no the Mavic instead of P4A?

Pricewise they are about the same (MPP is a little bit more expensive than the P4A here in NL)
I know I have to add batteries, but the total will be about the same.
So the question is: portability vs image quality.
I think I like the last one more, although I have not made my decision yet.
But I'd rather start with a Spark, if DJI chooses to add 25fps so I can easily combine the footage with my other (25 / 50fps) footage.
2017-10-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-10-27 00:41
See which one realize first~~~lol

Yeah, I will find out one day.
Hope DJI adds 25fps and I get to buy Spark
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-27 00:55
Thanks for the tip...I have been looking at some of the pictures in SkyPixel...and the level is very high...Hope me and my Spark can live up to the challenge hahaha ;-)

yeah~~~try it~~~and you are welcome to share pics whenever and see if there are any good ideas in our communities~~~
2017-10-27
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-10-27 01:06
Pricewise they are about the same (MPP is a little bit more expensive than the P4A here in NL)
I know I have to add batteries, but the total will be about the same.
So the question is: portability vs image quality.

Well that's a good point, and maybe I would do the same...but I'm to anxious to fly so don't know if I could wait very long to have my hands on a drone LOL, regarding image quality you might be right if that is the most important issue to you then P4 is the right choice...hope you can get in the air soon and have fun ;-)
2017-10-27
Use props
Viking-Pilot
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-10-27 01:09
yeah~~~try it~~~and you are welcome to share pics whenever and see if there are any good ideas in our communities~~~

Thank's a lot DJI Grace
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Enjoy sharing here~~~Look forward to your nice pics~
2017-10-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Viking-Pilot Posted at 2017-10-27 03:16
Well that's a good point, and maybe I would do the same...but I'm to anxious to fly so don't know if I could wait very long to have my hands on a drone LOL, regarding image quality you might be right if that is the most important issue to you then P4 is the right choice...hope you can get in the air soon and have fun ;-)

Well I actually almost purchased the Spark. Had it in my cart already. But.....
Then I went through the specs and found out it did not support 25fps, so I cancelled.
I actually would prefer a Spark as my first drone.
Now I purchased a Osmo Mobile, to get started and wait some more to buy my first drone
I am afraid it is going to be a P4A....
2017-10-27
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Exciting stuff.
2017-10-27
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302316 ft
Norway

This is great! Awesome prizes! Good luck everyone!
2017-10-27
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Well I am going out and practicing right now. Those prizes are to die for, something to work hard for. Good luck everybody.
2017-10-28
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Will see what I can do.  
2017-10-28
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11800554 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fantastic prizes!  Thanks DJI for all the contests you keep giving us!
2017-10-28
Use props
Quadified
lvl.2
United States

Dang!!! Would be nice to win any of those! I'm a beginning "enthusiast" with only the DJI Spark! But, I will enter and see what happens! Yo never know!!!
2017-10-28
Use props
Enri
lvl.4
Flight distance : 683501 ft
Italy

Looks like the contest of the year.....!....challenging!
2017-10-29
Use props
djiuser_1hAtUUL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 334957 ft
Malaysia

Hi,

From the Terms and Condition page it is stated that:

"To enter, an Entrant must, during the Contest Submission Period, visit the
Campaign Website and submit their Entries with a duly completed entry form."

Does anyone know where to get the entry form?

Thanks.
2017-10-29
Use props
fans6db80e56
New

Malaysia

Wow..very nice prices..
2017-10-29
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Norway

I just had a quick glance at skypixel and WOW theres some awesome photos already on....
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

VigilanteDrones Posted at 2017-10-28 10:47
Fantastic prizes!  Thanks DJI for all the contests you keep giving us!

Click the application link and join the contest! By the way, if there any problems about it, you can post it here, I am more than willing to provide help~~~
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Enri Posted at 2017-10-29 02:35
Looks like the contest of the year.....!....challenging!

Absolutely yes!!! JOIN ~
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Bulldog Posted at 2017-10-28 04:14
Well I am going out and practicing right now. Those prizes are to die for, something to work hard for. Good luck everybody.

hhhh, Go ahead~~~~and look forward your good news
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

djiuser_1hAtUUL Posted at 2017-10-29 04:24
Hi,

From the Terms and Condition page it is stated that:

Hi,
Actually, it is not an entry form. What you need is to fill in the information of your work after the submission, like what device you used, how you would like to describe your work and if there any labels about it~~~
And here is a link to help you check whether you submit successfully.
Photos are successfully submitted if you can find them under “My Works” on the contest home page. (https://www.skypixel.com/events/photocontest2017)
And if there are any problems, feel free to post here ~~~More than willing to help you fix them
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ryan's Sparky Posted at 2017-10-29 06:23
I just had a quick glance at skypixel and WOW theres some awesome photos already on....

there are also nice works in our community~~~ join the contest and try~~~
2017-10-29
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Norway

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-10-29 18:16
there are also nice works in our community~~~ join the contest and try~~~

I am out at sea working at the moment but I will be out capturing my best shots as soon as I return home in a week or so...
2017-10-29
Use props
C&A I.A
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312579 ft
Brazil

Woww!! VERY NICE PRIZES!!!! I NEED
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator