Gimbal Status: Disconnected on Android
1244 14 2017-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1997861 ft
Canada

Just discovered this 2 hours ago. Was cleaning my x3 gold contacts because it was oxidizing. I used deoxIT to clean the contacts. Worked great. Wiped it off after with a q-tip and installed it into the Inspire 1. Booted it up and instantly I noticed gimbal status: disconnected. Weird thing is, I'm getting video feed. Everything on the camera works.  Taking pictures and video works. Rotating the gimbal 360 works. Tilt works as well on the camera. So I was like wait a minute... this is weird. Plugged in my iPhone 7 Plus and to my surprise, it didn't show disconnected. I honestly thought I damaged the contacts with this stuff,  but then I said there's no way. I used this product on the battery's gold contacts on the Inspire as well because it was really oxidized.  There's photo's if you all are interested to see how bad it was lol. After using it, it worked flawlessly. So I'm a bit confused, it seems  the android version of DJI Go is buggy. Not sure how I didn't notice  this when I flew this past weekend. I even updated my Nvidia Shield K1 to the latest OS thinking it'll work, but nope it showed gimbal disconnected.

What do you all think is causing this?

iPhone 7 Plus:
22815162_10155331920239055_8341099410222577486_n.jpg

Nvidia Shield K1:
22852914_10155331842184055_5723912271559948470_n.jpg

2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

It may be the false warning from APP, if no error message after reconnecting, don't worry about it.
2017-10-27
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-27 00:59
It may be the false warning from APP, if no error message after reconnecting, don't worry about it.

I even tested pressing 'Enter Travel Mode', of course it won't because the camera is connected. On my Samsung Note 5 and Nvidia Shield K1, it said the camera was connected and can't go into travel mode. So I'm like okay no problem. Then I pressed 'Exit Travel Mode'. Camera woke up and did it's gimbal dance as usual. I ended up getting video feed once again, everything works to the camera. However... it still showed gimbal is disconnected :S. The iPhone 7 Plus is fine. Only time it shows gimbal status disconnected is when I try pressing 'Enter Travel mode'. Once I press 'Exit Travel Mode', the gimbal status disconnected goes away and it's all normal. It's a bit confusing on why the Apple DJI Go app is fine, but the Android version isn't.
2017-10-27
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

I just tested on my father's iPad. First time using the iOS version of DJI Go app. Many new things I never saw until now. Not sure if the gimbal status has to say normal... But it doesn't show anything. Only time it shows something is when I power it off. It says gimbal disconnected. I assume it's normal when the gimbal status is blank?
22815585_10155334088484055_6310057022666601665_n.jpg
2017-10-27
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-27 00:59

Mindy is it normal for the iOS version of DJI Go to show nothing for gimbal status? I've been using Android version of DJI Go so there is some new things with the iOS version. The DJI Go app on my iPhone is the latest version. I believe it's v3.1
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-10-27 23:23
Mindy is it normal for the iOS version of DJI Go to show nothing for gimbal status? I've been using Android version of DJI Go so there is some new things with the iOS version. The DJI Go app on my iPhone is the latest version. I believe it's v3.1

Cabralkev, I‘ve tested our aircraft and it is normal.
When you press ''Enter Travel Mode'', even the gimbal is mouted, the APP will show ''Gimbal Disconnected'' and the image becomes black.
When you press ''Exit Travel Mode'', the image recovered and the error disappeared and there is no ''normal''status are displaying in iOS mobile device.
It is normal.

2017-10-28
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-28 00:48
Cabralkev, I‘ve tested our aircraft and it is normal.
When you press ''Enter Travel Mode'', even the gimbal is mouted, the APP will show ''Gimbal Disconnected'' and the image becomes black.
When you press ''Exit Travel Mode'', the image recovered and the error disappeared and there is no ''normal''status are displaying in iOS mobile device.

Oh I see. That's good news then. I was worried something was wrong with my gimbal. First time using DJI Go on iOS. So I wasn't sure if 'Gimbal Status' is suppose to be blank. Not sure what's going on with the android version of DJI Go though :S

Thanks a ton Mindy for easing my mind
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-10-28 01:13
Oh I see. That's good news then. I was worried something was wrong with my gimbal. First time using DJI Go on iOS. So I wasn't sure if 'Gimbal Status' is suppose to be blank. Not sure what's going on with the android version of DJI Go though :S

Thanks a ton Mindy for easing my mind

No worries and you are welcome.
Looks like you take care of your drone like a baby.
2017-10-28
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-28 01:32
No worries and you are welcome.
Looks like you take care of your drone like a baby.

You caught me! lolllll

I honestly think I have a OCD issue lol. When I saw the gold contacts on the gimbal starting to oxidize, I had to clean it . The product I used was DeoxIT. Awesome stuff. Some of the product was on the gimbal chip when I was cleaning the gold contacts. Wiped that off and used isopropyl alcohol to make sure it was clean. Have been using it for the battery gold connectors on the Inspire 1. So when the gimbal disconnected message came up in the status for my Android devices, it worried me that I broke it with that DeoxIT product.
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-10-28 02:37
You caught me!  lolllll

I honestly think I have a OCD issue lol. When I saw the gold contacts on the gimbal starting to oxidize, I had to clean it . The product I used was DeoxIT. Awesome stuff. Some of the product was on the gimbal chip when I was cleaning the gold contacts. Wiped that off and used isopropyl alcohol to make sure it was clean. Have been using it for the battery gold connectors on the Inspire 1. So when the gimbal disconnected message came up in the status for my Android devices, it worried me that I broke it with that DeoxIT product.

The normal 95% alcohol is OK to clean the golden contact.
Happy flying.
2017-10-29
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I have seen this before on other forums where the SD card was causing the issue, try another card or formatting that one.

Mark G.
2017-10-29
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-10-29 03:08
I have seen this before on other forums where the SD card was causing the issue, try another card or formatting that one.

Mark G.

I have tried formatting it too, didn't help . I flew today with my iPhone 7 Plus. No issues. Flew 4 batteries. The app disconnected from the Inspire on the second battery for some odd reason. I had to fly it back with no video feed. Reboot the Inspire and she was fine again. The last 2 batteries was fine. The last battery I flew to 2,000 meters out. Took pictures and video. Don't understand what's going on with the Android version of DJI Go app. With the iOS version I know it's more thorough. When booting up the Inspire with the app already open. I see briefly 'battery error' then all of a sudden it's fine. I think the app goes through all the checks before it's prepared to fly and some odd reason puts out a 'battery error' for a second, then it's fine once everything is booted. I never noticed this with the previous version with DJI Go app :S. Do you use an iPad Mark? If so take a screenshot of the aircrafts status for me. I'd like to see if your gimbal status is blank as well. After looking around through google, I see a lot of people have this as well. Android says 'normal' or in my case disconnected even when the gimbal works 100% fine lollll weird.
2017-10-29
Use props
Cabralkev
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-29 02:15
The normal 95% alcohol is OK to clean the golden contact.
Happy flying.

Haha I'll buy the 99% alcohol. I think my local drug store has it
2017-10-29
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Cabralkev Posted at 2017-10-29 17:35
I have tried formatting it too, didn't help . I flew today with my iPhone 7 Plus. No issues. Flew 4 batteries. The app disconnected from the Inspire on the second battery for some odd reason. I had to fly it back with no video feed. Reboot the Inspire and she was fine again. The last 2 batteries was fine. The last battery I flew to 2,000 meters out. Took pictures and video. Don't understand what's going on with the Android version of DJI Go app. With the iOS version I know it's more thorough. When booting up the Inspire with the app already open. I see briefly 'battery error' then all of a sudden it's fine. I think the app goes through all the checks before it's prepared to fly and some odd reason puts out a 'battery error' for a second, then it's fine once everything is booted. I never noticed this with the previous version with DJI Go app :S. Do you use an iPad Mark? If so take a screenshot of the aircrafts status for me. I'd like to see if your gimbal status is blank as well. After looking around through google, I see a lot of people have this as well. Android says 'normal' or in my case disconnected even when the gimbal works 100% fine lollll weird.

I'm only on Android Kev but take a look anyway.
2017-10-30
Use props
Zephirus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 531601 ft
Argentina

He tells me the same thing, but I think he started with that, randomly after the last update.
but the gimbal works normally I think, it turns on the ignition, I have good vision.
the only problem "that I noticed, if it is a problem, is that I only changed the video configuration to 1080, which I now notice, I usually use it in 4k.
It is a sunny day and the weather was beautiful, the temperature was 0º
(I think that last year something similar happened to me,) that I had the videos in 1080.
with which I will have to review again just in case
always before taking off,
I have cleaned the contacts, with alcohol, but I do not change anything,
the connectors seem to be all right.
the version of the app 3.1.80
version 1.11.01.50
camera version 1.10.01.40
remote controler 1.7.80
basic fly database 01.00.01.07

the advanced options work normally, the auto calibration. of the gimbal
Could it be that the travel mode option was not available before the last update? or just had not seen it?

Clearing in clear all warning, does not go away either.
if anyone could solve it, tell me ..
I do not think it is necessary to make a downgrade?
the rest I think it works normally ..
2018-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules