Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
forced to update tue dji-app?
1422 11 2017-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
T-R
Second Officer
Flight distance : 287884 ft
China

Dear Dji. Why u try to force me to update my app on a android system. The app o use is fine and gives no hard time, finaly.
I had all new firmware and app, but all the trouble as other usere reports.
So i downgrade app and firmware so finaly the P4 Fly Hugh and Wide as it was Promised in Advertising 2016.
Now i ger a pop up overlay what says " old firmware. You like to upgrade now? " there is no denying ore X for closing. And the whole app is blocked. Are you highjack older apps to force user to a " free -update" even they don't like?  
My wish is to keep the old APP and Firmware, if there is a risk, fine. I carry that. Warranty is over anyway.
So be so kind and tell me the solution to get off the pop up box and the block of a app.
Cheers.
2017-10-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Sounds like you're being stuck, between a rock and a hard place.

Damned if you don't... Not sure what to suggest.

I always do updates, regardless. So far, no harm.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-27
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
China

Att red hot poker

I update all like it is the wish of this company... until the last firmware was failing and no attempt was made to fix it. Or do I miss a new firmware?  No more often here.
2017-10-27
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

T-R Posted at 2017-10-27 00:15
Att red hot poker

I update all like it is the wish of this company... until the last firmware was failing and no attempt was made to fix it. Or do I miss a new firmware?  No more often here.

Please describe your most recent failure. Is it only an error message about firmware updates?

Perhaps someone here can suggest a fix, or work around, until a new firmware gets released.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

T-R Posted at 2017-10-27 00:15
Att red hot poker

Could you please clarify what kind of issues you're experiencing? What mobile device, firmware and Go app version are you currently using?
2017-10-27
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
China

Hello.
My hardware:
samsung galaxy  Tab 2 SM 815c
Android 6.01
dji app 2.8.1
Version 01.02.0602

I updated in the past to the current APP and Firmware. The trouble was quite massive. The toy runs basicly out of control / in dangourus mode.
Gimbal made grinding noises.
Gimbal flipps hard to right up.
Flight behavior was super aggressive, like on s-mode, just worse. Extremely acceleration and extreme brake.
No constant hoovering. From 5m flight high she lands inside of 15 minutes instead Kkep hight.
Stron wind warnings when zero wind was .
Interfere alarm in areas where was fine to flight before.
Flight time less than 15 min, battery drain.

On the aggressive behavior I decide as a legal captain ( it's my real job) that the balance between fun and risk was too high to harm people. So I didn't fly for months and tried here to ask for a solution..but No answer by DJI. No new firmware. All is related  on that.

S
Also the attitude of DJI to remove, without asking , the option to roll back, I don't accept.  The new Terms and conditions I do not accept, because there are massively different to the date I purchased the toy.

As a result of that, I decided to roll back the APP and Firmware.
In this current configuration the drone fly as it was promised in advertising 2015. Day of purchase.

Just DJI try to force against my personal wish to update APp and Firmware by accessing my hardware.

So in case DJI like to de-escalate this here and try to help finally with a useful solution,  I would be happy.
-
2017-10-29
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
China

.i know .. it's all about the areoscope project.. that why dji don't like the old firmware.   But I am adult customer.. at least they must ask me for my permission to make huge changings
2017-10-29
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
China

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-10-27 14:09
Could you please clarify what kind of issues you're experiencing? What mobile device, firmware and Go app version are you currently using?

Please read my answer
2017-10-29
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
China

@DJI-Jamie
Hello. Did u fond the time to read my reply? Still willing to help?
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

T-R Posted at 2017-11-4 22:06
@DJI-Jamie
Hello. Did u fond the time to read my reply? Still willing to help?

Hi there, are you located in China? If you are in China now, it is the mandatory update, you have to update it. If the drone seems to fly aggressively, please PM me your DJI account, I'll forward a beta for you to try. And for the battery, please try to do a fully discharge and charge it to full.
2017-11-5
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
Singapore

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-5 19:54
Hi there, are you located in China? If you are in China now, it is the mandatory update, you have to update it. If the drone seems to fly aggressively, please PM me your DJI account, I'll forward a beta for you to try. And for the battery, please try to do a fully discharge and charge it to full.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siE2j6Ruj2k&t=66s&list=PL8-vxWY64sBOmkQQJ2KWNL-uRBZsP43-r&index=7

If i do tue update, i basicly can dump the bird. The new design of the no fly zones are such enormous, they cover my whole city . I just want use what I bought 2 years ago. If the company is a rule changer, I like to give back.
Thank you for the advice with the battery, why is that so?  
Btw ... with the version I use right now the drone flus perfect. I just Must play with the App so she is not talking home to dji anymore. Best would be, a tablet without LTE and WiFi just for that. But it is a small pitty I can't use the data upload and editor then.

2017-11-9
Use props
T-R
Second Officer
China

Dear "service"  
Looks like I missed your answer
2017-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now