Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Difficulty to make precise movements with my P4 pro
1614 16 2017-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5f24954c
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49751 ft
Brazil

I'm wandering what I am doing to not get smoth and precise movements with my P4 pro:

- When I try to orbit something:
1) the drone gets away from the subject most of time;
2) I keep my finger steady on the RC stick and eventhough the drone seems to slip/ slide faster and sometimes slower at the same shot, not allowing me to make a consistent shot!
3) most of time the drone also bounce up and down while orbiting the subject!
My Mavic alsmost never do it and seem to be far more precise and consistent the the P4 pro, specially when I use the Cinematic mode! Why my P4 Pro doenst react in the same way?

- Trying to gently and smothly follow a subject:

1) My P4 Pro slips/slides faster abruptly to the side I'm turning to, even when my finger is being smoth and precise!

In both situations it seem to be a not good or precise response from my RC!!!

Any tip in how to sort this out? Thanks
2017-10-27
Use props
Daves Drone 555
Second Officer
Flight distance : 799567 ft
United Kingdom

I have had a similar experience. Check the "flight mode" switch position on the left hand side of the remote and make sure it is not in the "A" attitude position. I tend to use "P" positioning mode or "S" sport mode. Hope this helps
2017-10-27
Use props
fans5f24954c
lvl.3
Brazil

Daves Drone 555 Posted at 2017-10-27 04:34
I have had a similar experience. Check the "flight mode" switch position on the left hand side of the remote and make sure it is not in the "A" attitude position. I tend to use "P" positioning mode or "S" sport mode. Hope this helps

Thanks, I will make some tests, but I thing I mostly use on P...
2017-10-27
Use props
fans5f24954c
lvl.3
Brazil

Daves Drone 555 Posted at 2017-10-27 04:34

Thanks, I will make some tests, but I thing I mostly use on P...
2017-10-27
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

What are your EXP settings?  If I remember correctly, my Mavic came set to 0.25 while my P4 was 0.50 out of the box.  If you haven't changed anything then that would explain why your Mavic feels more precise.  
2017-10-27
Use props
fans5f24954c
lvl.3
Brazil

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-27 06:55
What are yout EXP settings?  If I remember correctly, my Mavic came set to 0.25 while my P4 was 0.50 out of the box.  If you haven't changed anything then that would explain why your Mavic feels more precise.

Well, I tried many options and my P4 Pro still make erratic movements! Even if my finger is steady...

The Magic has the Cinematic mode that is very very smooth... much better than P4 Pro in any situation ( a part from footage quality that P4 has better one).

I will double check that setting, thanks again
2017-10-27
Use props
fans5f24954c
lvl.3
Brazil

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-27 06:55
What are yout EXP settings?  If I remember correctly, my Mavic came set to 0.25 while my P4 was 0.50 out of the box.  If you haven't changed anything then that would explain why your Mavic feels more precise.

Well, I tried many options and my P4 Pro still make erratic movements! Even if my finger is steady...

The Magic has the Cinematic mode that is very very smooth... much better than P4 Pro in any situation ( a part from footage quality that P4 has better one).

I will double check that setting, thanks again
2017-10-27
Use props
CraigR
lvl.4
Australia

It's very strange because I had this exact problem just yesterday. I ended up doing a hardware reset (yeah, the big hammer... ouch)
2017-10-27
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Have you tried using Tripod mode?
It might also help if you supplied a video of the drone in operation i.e. video looking at the drone not from the drone.  This way we can see how the drone is behaving as you describe.
It may come down to either adjusting your settings and or practicing these maneuvers until you develop the skill set to make it work as you wish.
2017-10-27
Use props
fans5f24954c
lvl.3
Brazil

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-27 10:32
Have you tried using Tripod mode?
It might also help if you supplied a video of the drone in operation i.e. video looking at the drone not from the drone.  This way we can see how the drone is behaving as you describe.
It may come down to either adjusting your settings and or practicing these maneuvers until you develop the skill set to make it work as you wish.

I already used the tripod mode and it is good. But yet it not seem to be consistent during the maneuverings: sometimes it slips too fast or slows down without any different command from the stick... Also, why it gets away from the subject while orbiting it ( normal mode)? I don't understand and still trying the different setups.. It looks exactly like my last Inspire 1 v1... The Mavic is far better in terms of maneuvering and smother shots results, specially in the cinematic mode... I thought P4 Pro would be much better than Mavic...
2017-10-27
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

There's also that gimbal yaw synchronization setting, or whatever they're calling it now.  (I don't have my Phantom handy to turn on and see.)  Try toggling that and see what happens.

Some video of the problem would be helpful.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please try to calibrate RC to see whether it helps. If not, upload a short video for better assistance. Thank you in advance!
2017-10-27
Use props
fans5f24954c
lvl.3
Brazil

CraigR Posted at 2017-10-27 10:32
It's very strange because I had this exact problem just yesterday. I ended up doing a hardware reset (yeah, the big hammer... ouch)

how do you do this hardware reset?
2017-10-28
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fans5f24954c Posted at 2017-10-28 04:55

This is one of the things where the manual and Faq is lacking information, some strange button presses while turning off and on ...
Can't you initiate a reset from the app, not sure if that only work on the+RC?
Just remember what ever you try that if you have any new flights you want to save, do a sync before the reset.
2017-10-28
Use props
CraigR
lvl.4
Australia

You can do it from DJI Assistant 2 as well as the button presses, yeah (both RC and AC)
2017-10-28
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Just to check if it is the drone, try the advanced flight mode "Point of Interest". This will fly a circle around a subject that you nominate. If that is smooth then your drone is fine.
The default stick expos are higher on the P4Pro than the Mavic. Try to reduce the expo on the rudder.
You can also try lengthening the sticks which can make the movements smoother.
2017-10-28
Use props
KedDK
Captain
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

fans5f24954c Posted at 2017-10-28 04:55

Found this info, hopefully you can use this combination.
2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules