Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cem.Bond
New
Flight distance : 5203 ft
Switzerland

Dear Pilots,

Today I lost my drone

But how it did happen is really weard to me; somehow i think one of the motors failed and it started drifting away.

I only have the remote and DJI 4 App; anyway to recover flight data from it ?

My last video ... gosh so painful to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dstve4iKx0U
2017-10-27
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Download your flight log to Phantomhelp
and then share the link here.
To me it looks like atti mode.
2017-10-27
Use props
TroutboyNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1726486 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Yes, I think you went into Atti after losing GPS lock and drifed into the cliff face. GPS can be tricky to acquire a solid lock in canyons, had it happen to me before, you can sync your flight records in Dji Go then to healthy drones - that will show if you went into Atti due to GPS signal.
2017-10-27
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

If a motor failed u would know it. Looks like u started losing image transmission and at the same time went into atti mode drifting backwards and hitting something behind the drone
2017-10-27
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Looks to me like it went right and into the water fall ............
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear. If you haven't already, I'd recommend syncing your Go app flight records and contacting Support via support.eu@dji.com  to have them evaluated. You would want to provide your DJI account email and the date of the incident. If you had multiple flights that day, you would want to give them a time stamp if you can or an estimate time frame.
If you were able to recover it, though, I'd recommend filling out an online repair request form to have it sent in for evaluation:

http://www.dji.com/service/repair
2017-10-27
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wow that was painful to watch.

How far was the MP from you?
2017-10-27
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Well the video looks like you simply misjudged and flew it into the cliff.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Feel sad about the accident. Please keep us updated, you can ask for help if you have any doubt in the case.
2017-10-28
Use props
Cem.Bond
New
Switzerland

Here's the LINK : http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/90Q36TYO4BKS4IIFQ877/I

So basically, I lost signal first, then it lost GPS and it went ATTI, and due to fact I was near a waterfall it drifted like crazy ?I thought was not that close to the cliff (behind the drone). But anyway it was unrecoverable as I had lost signal anyway. That area is like ... well unreachable by foot.
What you guys think ?

Capture-d’écran-2017-11-01-à-12.18.48.jpg

2017-11-1
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cem.Bond Posted at 2017-11-1 03:21

So basically, I lost signal first, then it lost GPS and it went ATTI, and due to fact I was near a waterfall it drifted like crazy ?I thought was not that close to the cliff (behind the drone). But anyway it was unrecoverable as I had lost signal anyway. That area is like ... well unreachable by foot.

The link you posted does not open the data in the viewer......it just goes to a Phantom Help lineup page.
Could you post the data again?
2017-11-1
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

Is it possible it got some water spray damage that caused a malfunction?
2017-11-1
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cem.Bond Posted at 2017-11-1 03:21

Already looks like from the pictures that your Mavic probably lost signal after you got blocked by the cliff.
2017-11-1
Use props
Cem.Bond
New
Switzerland

Tmygun Posted at 2017-11-1 03:28
The link you posted does not open the data in the viewer......it just goes to a Phantom Help lineup page.
Could you post the data again?

Sorry I think the forum just crashed after I posted.

LINK HERE
2017-11-1
Use props
Cem.Bond
New
Switzerland

M.C. Pilot Posted at 2017-10-27 19:38
Wow that was painful to watch.

How far was the MP from you?

Just 1km away.
2017-11-1
Use props
Cem.Bond
New
Switzerland

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-10-27 20:38
Well the video looks like you simply misjudged and flew it into the cliff.

Near the end you see I tilt to be facing the waterfall to make sure I wasn't colliding; also I was flying down not backwards, this is what made me doubt of a malfunction.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJ Enertia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 614065 ft
Australia

sry to hear and  see what happened that tumble..ouch!!
2017-11-1
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Scary. Looks like atti and look like lost of image pixelated video just before crash. Painful to watch.
2017-11-1
Use props
calmari
lvl.3
Flight distance : 64944 ft
United Kingdom

Maybe I am just too cautious but did the weak signal warnings and common-sense not give you an indication that this was risky?
2017-11-1
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Cem.Bond Posted at 2017-11-1 05:10
Near the end you see I tilt to be facing the waterfall to make sure I wasn't colliding; also I was flying down not backwards, this is what made me doubt of a malfunction.

As several others guessed, ATTI mode was a result of the environment; the log shows the number of satellites gradually declining as you flew deeper (horizontally) into the gorge. However, the stick input -- and not ATTI mode -- appears to have been the main factor in the crash.

I was flying down not backwards

That may be the way you remember it, but the log indicates that you were only flying backwards / providing negative elevator input when the collision occurred at around 7:42. This link shows the Mavic's approximate location at the time of the crash, at which point it was facing the waterfall to the right of the position shown (roughly south), and the opposite wall of the gorge was a short distance away directly behind the aircraft. (Note that the linked map is rotated 90 degrees to provide a better view or your Mavic's position within the gorge; that's why right corresponds to south).
2017-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules