10438 11 2017-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yorick Nicholls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790758 ft
Vanuatu

Greetings all,

Just bought a P4P+, upgrading from my P3P.
Our internet is hell slow in Vanuatu, so I took the liberty of downloading the firmware off the website overnight.
I've updated the remote via micro-usb, that worked as intended.
But it would appear that the only aircraft update methods are Assistant2 or via DJI GO App, both being direct downloads?
Is there any way to manually apply the BIN file to the aircraft as we could with the P3 series?
I don't want to depend on the aircraft's battery for this process. Our internet in Vanuatu is so slow, the aircraft's 30mins battery will by far run out by the time I breach 50% of the file's download.
I've tried loading the BIN file to micro-usb and the aircraft does not react. Tried direct connection to the remote, which housed the file, no cigar.

Your assistance is appreciated.

Cheers,

Yorick
2017-10-27
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

If you have a laptop or desktop you can download the update from DJI’s website and then put the file on the RC’s Memory Card (SD card) then put the SD card back in the controller and go to settings/ system settings/update—then press the 3 dots on the Top Right corner/then Local Update and it should  down load the BIN file for you unto the controller.
2017-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

As for the firmware update of P4P aircraft, it is available to update via DJI GO 4 and DJI Assistant 2. While the RC with build-in screen, you can download the .bin file to update. I will attach the tutorial videos for your reference.

2017-10-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-27 18:40
As for the firmware update of P4P aircraft, it is available to update via DJI GO 4 and DJI Assistant 2. While the RC with build-in screen, you can download the .bin file to update. I will attach the tutorial videos for your reference.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVIcrDvh9BQ&feature=youtu.be

Sorry to say but this does not answer OP's question:
"Is there any way to manually apply the BIN file to the aircraft as we could with the P3 series?"

As OP say if you live in a place with very slow/unstable internet there need to be some way to have the firmware download done before even try to turn on and connect AC, else you risk a defect download or that batteries run out before download completes.
Also i am sure the AC risk heat damage if standing powered on without props for a whole battery usage!
2017-10-28
Use props
Yorick Nicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-28 03:32
Sorry to say but this does not answer OP's question:
"Is there any way to manually apply the BIN file to the aircraft as we could with the P3 series?"

THANK YOU! Hat off to you
I see someone read the OP properly. I was beginning to wonder after seeing the first two replies...

Fortunately I found a fast enough internet to resolve MY issue, but of course the main problem remains unresolved. For the moment it seems manual update on aircraft is not possible. DJI should work on making that a possibility for those in less fortunate locations.

As stated again, manual update to remote is possible and easily achievable by, yes, loading the BIN onto the micro-usb. HOWEVER that isn't possible for the aircraft, as was once with the P3 series. Why and could DJI consider it for those with slower internet around the world?
2017-10-28
Use props
Yorick Nicholls
lvl.2
Vanuatu

Found something interesting. Cheeky but it could work...
picture hosting websites free
border=0 />

2017-10-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Yorick Nicholls Posted at 2017-10-28 11:44
I see someone read the OP properly. I was beginning to wonder after seeing the first two replies...

NP. i fully understand your problem, my own internet connection is among the worst in my country, on a good day it can reach 5/1Mbit and even i can do the upgrade i would prefer to have the download done before trying to flash.
2017-10-28
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Yorick Nicholls Posted at 2017-10-28 12:05
Found something interesting. Cheeky but it could work...[view_image][view_image]
picture hosting websites free
border=0 />

I am afraid that is an old guide you have found, DJI has stopped to option to download the firmware  for the AC during this summer. :-/

You might be able to find it somewhere else but you can't be sure it has not been mingled with and is safe to use so it is not recommended. Not saying that the one from DJI's sites always can claimed to be safe, but that is another discussion. ;-)
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Yorick Nicholls Posted at 2017-10-28 11:44

The update ways have been changed since P4 series, and I think it is better to update or refresh the firmware by DJI Assistant 2.
2017-10-30
Use props
djiuser_44QZ4ry31OKA
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-30 02:24
The update ways have been changed since P4 series, and I think it is better to update or refresh the firmware by DJI Assistant 2.

DJI Assistant 2 failing. need manual .bin file for phantom 4.

Please make accessible.
2018-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_44QZ4ry31OKA Posted at 2018-9-10 05:13
DJI Assistant 2 failing. need manual .bin file for phantom 4.

Please make accessible.

Sir, the bin file for P4 series is not available, sorry about this. As for the firmware update, is there any error message when the update failed? If the issue remains, please kindly export the upgrade log for further analysis, thanks so much!

Assistant 2(Windows) C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Assistant 2(MAC): ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
APP(IOS): Click the DJI logo on the left upper corner more than 10 times, you will see the log and copy it to us
APP(Android): dji/dji.go.v4/log/cache/up_new_all
2018-9-11
Use props
Richard N
New

Australia

Hi, I am also having trouble with updating my software on my DJI Phantom 4. It didt work through the app and trying through the DJI assistant 2 it connects and downloads ok, but as soon as the download finishes it says 'update failed'.I have attached the log file of the failed update. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Richard

2019_11_05 17_55_35.pdf

50.43 KB, Down times: 11

log file

2019-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules