What you think about this?
1511 18 2017-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dockater
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139649 ft
Germany

Dear ladies and gentlemen and fellow drone pilots. I just could not resist posting this, particularly as Halloween is not far away. It is not mine and I in no way condone it, or for that matter condemn it. There are many similar clips on the net.

It would interest me to know what you think about it as a principal, it does break several of the “good flying guidelines”. It probably negates the guarantee as well.

or

2017-10-28
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

funny!!!!!!!!
2017-10-28
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Lol very funny.
2017-10-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Hahaha, I like it!
2017-10-28
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
France

I hope that no "phantoms" were harmed in the making of this film?  ;)
2017-10-28
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Very Cool too... Great imagination for new drone usage. How ever very dangerous in a neighborhood. Especially so near to traffic. That van driver was at risk. I may have called the cops. If your doing that for footage, go to a remote field. Don't endanger the public.
2017-10-28
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

Blériot53 Posted at 2017-10-28 11:07
I hope that no "phantoms" were harmed in the making of this film?  ;)

A nice sentiment, I hadn’t considered that.
2017-10-28
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

sSunSets Posted at 2017-10-28 11:13
Very Cool too... Great imagination for new drone usage. How ever very dangerous in a neighborhood. Especially so near to traffic. That van driver was at risk. I may have called the cops. If your doing that for footage, go to a remote field. Don't endanger the public.

The points you make are one of the reasons I posted the film. I also felt some concern when mixing with traffic, that can quickly get ugly. But a remote field won’t get many laughs, sheep and cows don’t have much humour.
2017-10-28
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I'd like to think I have a sense of humor, so I found it funny on its face and who doesn't love a good prank.

However, the problem here is the "however" I think it is damn stupid if not dangerous to be messing with moving vehicles, the results could end up being deadly (some people freak easily and they don't panic well in the process).  Then there is the whole chasing folks thingy, if they are in on it well OK but if not then again the risk is someone getting hurt unintentionally or otherwise.

I believe you can have fun doing this stuff while still remaining smart about it at the same time.  The problem is some of these idiots don't understand that there are some lines you shouldn't cross...
2017-10-28
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
United States

Hmmm..  I had other thoughts after leaving your post. I assume your finale may be Halloween night when the little trick or treater's will be out. Maybe you wanna run the drone get-up, up and down the street or perch it to scare close to ground. That could be a bad choice to do and the end of your drone piloting career. Those children have mothers and fathers. The cops would be on that in minute. Be Safe!
2017-10-28
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
United States

And lastly... Be careful where you post your evening video's. Your giving proof that you flew a drone 1/2 before sunset. There's FAA rules that ban night flights after certain hours. So, Be Safe.
2017-10-28
Use props
Irate Retro
lvl.4
United States

sSunSets Posted at 2017-10-28 11:56
And lastly... Be careful where you post your evening video's. Your giving proof that you flew a drone 1/2 before sunset. There's FAA rules that ban night flights after certain hours. So, Be Safe.

• The restriction starts 30 minutes after sunset, not 30 mins before.
  • There is no law against a recreational flyer flying in the middle of the night if he wants to.  That's for part 107 pilots.
  • Original poster is in Germany, and is not subject to FAA rules and it's not his video (if you were directing that at him, possibly not)

No laws against scaring the crap out of children on the street in my state.  Cops get called, and they leave with their tails between their legs every time.  For stunts like this I recommend investing in a police scanner so you can time it so you're safely outta dodge by the time the cruiser pulls up.  Not that anything bad would happen to you; it's just best to avoid field interviews if at all possible.
2017-10-28
Use props
sSunSets
lvl.4
United States

Thanks again Retro... I'll read the rules again...I was wondering about my sunset posts. Thought I may gave myself up too. So I gather it may be fare play to load a spud gun and vanish too. haha...
2017-10-28
Use props
Dockater
Second Officer
Germany

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-28 12:05
  • The restriction starts 30 minutes after sunset, not 30 mins before.
  • There is no law against a recreational flyer flying in the middle of the night if he wants to.  That's for part 107 pilots.
  • Original poster is in Germany, and is not subject to FAA rules and it's not his video (if you were directing that at him, possibly not)

• Thanks for clearing things up, as I said in my thread it is not my film. It is good to hear some reactions to the principals, it is not always so cut and dried as it might seem. Thats the reason I started the thread.

Night flying is also severely regulated in Germany like most things except some motorway speed limits.
    2017-10-28
    Use props
    KedDK
    First Officer
    Flight distance : 1133038 ft
    Denmark

I think it is funny, but there should be no flying so close to people as  some of the clips show.
    If someone in affect grab the thing they could be badly hurt by the props, same goes for the pure dog!
    2017-10-28
    Use props
    DJI Thor
    Administrator
    Flight distance : 13602 ft

Truly speaking, please do not fly the drone in this way. For the aspect of the flight safety, the props might get stuck by the light staffs, and it would be really dangerous in this case.
    2017-10-29
    Use props
    LearntoFly_Firs
    lvl.1
    Flight distance : 23730 ft
    United States

It's interesting and it is apparent to me that larger drones are being used. Seems like invasion of privacy if it is following vehicles without permission and also an accident waiting to happen
    2017-10-31
    Use props
    Dockater
    Second Officer
    Germany

LearntoFly_Firs Posted at 2017-10-31 07:13
    It's interesting and it is apparent to me that larger drones are being used. Seems like invasion of privacy if it is following vehicles without permission and also an accident waiting to happen

I agree, there are areas that are clearly taboo. There are however areas that are not “black or white”. Its like many things in life, trying to stay on the right side of the fence is not easy. Yesterday was Halloween and I got troops of kids invading my property, threatening me (trick or treat) and trying to scare the hell out of me. My cat is still on Valium (Diazepam).

2017-11-1
    Use props
    RedHotPoker
    Captain
    Flight distance : 165105 ft
    Canada

More nagativity towards the drone community...

Keep adding to the crap, and soon we will all have lovely door stops.

No Thanks for keeping the dung ball rolling...

RedHotPoker
    2017-11-1
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules