Gimbals gone Wild!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

After a normal first flight, I swapped batteries and headed for the target location.  While enroute, I attempted to tilt the camera down.  That is the first sign of trouble.  It is the quick glitch you see.  After I realized the gimbal was not responding, I stopped forward motion.  That is where you see it briefly look at the sky.  Moved forward again, the camera is now looking slightly down, twitchy.  Stop again, see the sky.

There were no error or warning messages on the app.  Flight logs looked completely normal.  After landing and powering down, then inspecting the gimbal, powered up and all was normal.  Did 2 more flights, no problems.  Very strange.
I have already tried to duplicate the problem using the same battery I was using during the failure.  No luck there.  I will try some more today and see what happens.

2017-10-28
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Kneepuck,  iooks like either you or the gimbal has the heebee geebees.
2017-10-28
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-10-28 11:29
Kneepuck,  iooks like either you or the gimbal has the heebee geebees.

You may be right.  I just looked at the video from the first flight.  Pretty remote and desolate location.  Maybe the Phantom was just nervous.  Here is a screenshot from the video:

trees.jpg
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, is the footage coming from the SD card? Did the drone crash before? Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
2017-10-29
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-29 02:45
Just to verify, is the footage coming from the SD card? Did the drone crash before? Please keep us updated if the issue persists.

Yes, video from sd card.  Resolution is poor because I have slow internet connection, so I upload at lower resolution.  Drone has been fine for 2 years.  May have been a bit of dirt in the gimbal, only thing I can think of.
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Kneepuck Posted at 2017-10-29 08:00
Yes, video from sd card.  Resolution is poor because I have slow internet connection, so I upload at lower resolution.  Drone has been fine for 2 years.  May have been a bit of dirt in the gimbal, only thing I can think of.

If it happens once, maybe it's just a coincidence. Anyway, please take good care of it and let me know if there is a need.
2017-10-30
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-30 22:14
If it happens once, maybe it's just a coincidence. Anyway, please take good care of it and let me know if there is a need.

I will do that, thank you.
2017-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules