Turn Off SD Video Recording - SSD Only
1549 7 2017-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DroneBrah
lvl.1
United States

Title says it. I have a I2 with the DNG/ProRes License and want to limit my Video recording to SSD only. As it is, seems like I am forced to dual record to both SD and SSD for video. There is a green slider switch for the SSD Video to toggle it on and off - why not have that for the SD Video as well to lock it out.

2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that SSD card cannot be used to save footage by itself.
Please pay attention to the future release in our website.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-10-28
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

Since you can't use the SSD dng/prores to view clips directly in the field, why would you not want the SD recording? Just curious.
2017-10-29
Use props
KidIcarus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

I got frustrated having to format the 16 gb sd card mid flight - i have a 128 gb sd now...which I believe is the largest supported
2017-10-29
Use props
DroneBr0
lvl.1
United States

Seems like there is a better way preview DNG's in the field rather than having to use dual cards. This has to be a part of a future firmware release.
2017-10-29
Use props
flighttime1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

DroneBr0 Posted at 2017-10-29 07:18
Seems like there is a better way preview DNG's in the field rather than having to use dual cards. This has to be a part of a future firmware release.

Even a high end desktop isn't going to play full res RAW files without cacheing them first. Besides the technical limitations, I fail to see how the SD card interferes with your workflow. I can think of a few hundred other issues I'd prefer DJI engineers concentrate on besides this.
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

KidIcarus Posted at 2017-10-29 06:37
I got frustrated having to format the 16 gb sd card mid flight - i have a 128 gb sd now...which I believe is the largest supported

Inspire 2 supports SD cards up to 128GB.
This is a resolution, we will keep improving our products to make your experience better in the future.
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI-Newbie
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Hi DroneBrah
Sorry for your trouble, new firmware which alows you to record in SSD without SD or when SD card is full is on the way.

2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules