Check app and SYS Warning
36468 25 2017-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_bGSOWRI
lvl.2
Sweden

Hi, All the time since I bought my Mavic pro, a few days ago, I have got the message "Check App - SYS Warning" flashing on the screen of the controller display. This happens irrespectively if my phone, a Samsung 5, is connected or not. I have updated with the latest software. I cant identify any other problem related to the message, but it is very annoying to get this message all the time. Hope you can solve the problem for me.
2017-10-29
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

I used to get that message and couldn't figure out why! Try a couple of things...

1) When the everything is set up and your ready to fly, press the  green bar at the top left corner of the screen (This is where it would normally say Ready to Fly... But you're getting the error message there!)
2) A new window opens on your DJI Go 4 app which displays the current status of the entire system
3) Check the status screen for any warnings or errors

In my case, the error was the forward vision positioning system needed calibration, but whenever I tried to do this, it failed. After much frustration, I found a piece of plastic shipping material was still attached to one of the "lenses". After removing that plastic film, I was able to do a full calibration using the DJI Assistant 2 software.

Also, make sure that the firmware in each battery is up to date. I initially had this problem too. I always use the DJI Assistant 2 software to do firmware updates as it seems to be more reliable. After updating the firmware in the Mavic Pro,  power down the aircraft and attach the next battery. Power  the aircraft back up, and follow the instructions on the DJI Assistant 2 software again. If the battery's firmware needs updating, it'll do it.

Generally speaking, the status screen mentioned in step 3, above, will tell you what's wrong.

Good luck.
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

How about when connecting the RC to your mobile device, is there any error message on the screen? Please check the app after connecting with the RC and drone, maybe you would get some tips from it.
2017-10-29
Use props
djiuser_bGSOWRI
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-29 20:25
How about when connecting the RC to your mobile device, is there any error message on the screen? Please check the app after connecting with the RC and drone, maybe you would get some tips from it.

No problem with the app itself and i cant find any further error message there. The message comes up on the RC controller even when the mobile device and app are not present. There is just a streaming message continuosly over the RC screen saying "Check app - system warning".... Very annoying. The Mavic is just a couple of weeks old and I bought an extra Care support package so maybe I just ask dji to have a go with it. If noone else can come up with a helpful suggestion that is...

2017-10-30
Use props
Jyunte
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

djiuser_bGSOWRI Posted at 2017-10-30 14:32
No problem with the app itself and i cant find any further error message there. The message comes up on the RC controller even when the mobile device and app are not present. There is just a streaming message continuosly over the RC screen saying "Check app - system warning".... Very annoying. The Mavic is just a couple of weeks old and I bought an extra Care support package so maybe I just ask dji to have a go with it. If noone else can come up with a helpful suggestion that is...

Did you try any of the suggestions in post #2?
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_bGSOWRI Posted at 2017-10-30 14:32

Please try 2#, click and have a check of the aircraft status. Please provide the picture of this message on the RC and the screenshot of the aircraft status if the app displays all normal. Appreciate it.
2017-10-31
Use props
djiuser_bGSOWRI
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-31 02:03
Please try 2#, click and have a check of the aircraft status. Please provide the picture of this message on the RC and the screenshot of the aircraft status if the app displays all normal. Appreciate it.

Thanks a lot for your help all. I´m a beginner to drones so it takes sometime to go through the startup and flight procedures. After reading your advices here, however, I managed to find the cause of the problem which was that the forward vision sensors needed calibration. I had some problems to actually get the sensors calibrating. On the pc and with the dji software it didn´t do it, but after some trying with the app a few times it finally calibrated the sensors and, voila, the system warning disappeared. When I flew it today all systems were go and no warnings. Let´s just hope it stays like that, otherwise I´ll be back here again. Cheers.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_bGSOWRI Posted at 2017-11-1 14:58
Thanks a lot for your help all. I´m a beginner to drones so it takes sometime to go through the startup and flight procedures. After reading your advices here, however, I managed to find the cause of the problem which was that the forward vision sensors needed calibration. I had some problems to actually get the sensors calibrating. On the pc and with the dji software it didn´t do it, but after some trying with the app a few times it finally calibrated the sensors and, voila, the system warning disappeared. When I flew it today all systems were go and no warnings. Let´s just hope it stays like that, otherwise I´ll be back here again. Cheers.

Good to hear that. It would be better to calibrate it via DJI Assistant 2. Please download version v1.1.6 and calibrate it again, below's the tutorial.
2017-11-2
Use props
djiuser_bGSOWRI
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-2 00:23
Good to hear that. It would be better to calibrate it via DJI Assistant 2. Please download version v1.1.6 and calibrate it again, below's the tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYSqz7R5zwI&t=61s

I have tried to calibrate via DJI Assistant 2 but it didnt want to do that. However, since I have no warning anymore and it seems to work ok, I maybe should leave it that way. Buy the way, the tutorial you attached here is for Phantom 4, does it apply to my Mavic as well? I didnt find any similar tutorial for Mavic here among  the dji tutorials.
2017-11-4
Use props
djiuser_LEMsImV
New
United Kingdom

djiuser_bGSOWRI Posted at 2017-11-4 07:09
I have tried to calibrate via DJI Assistant 2 but it didnt want to do that. However, since I have no warning anymore and it seems to work ok, I maybe should leave it that way. Buy the way, the tutorial you attached here is for Phantom 4, does it apply to my Mavic as well? I didnt find any similar tutorial for Mavic here among  the dji tutorials.

Hi djiuser_bGSOWRI,

A big thanks for posting this here. I too have just bought a DJI Mavic and was fearing the worst after it was doing exact same as yours. I spent ages and ages trying various things but all to no avail. A friend was looking for a solution also and came across this and I am so glad he did. Once again many thanks for sharing your knowledge coz I for one an extremely grateful.
Regards and best wishes
David Bowen
Brecon
Wales
UK

2017-11-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_bGSOWRI Posted at 2017-11-4 07:09

Yes, it can be applied to Mavic Pro. It's almost the same. And may I know why you are not able to calibrate it? I really recommend doing a calibration via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-11-8
Use props
djiuser_bGSOWRI
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-8 01:56
Yes, it can be applied to Mavic Pro. It's almost the same. And may I know why you are not able to calibrate it? I really recommend doing a calibration via DJI Assistant 2.

Thanks Thor for pushing me to do this. I will have another go at it during the weekend and tell you the result.
2017-11-9
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_bGSOWRI Posted at 2017-11-9 14:26
Thanks Thor for pushing me to do this. I will have another go at it during the weekend and tell you the result.

Not at all. Hope you can calibrate it successfully in the end.
2017-11-11
Use props
djiuser_bGSOWRI
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-11 01:49
Not at all. Hope you can calibrate it successfully in the end.

So now I have tried to calibrate the sensors again. However what happens is that I only get in to some sort of tutorial page, see attached screen dump, where you can see the message in red where I am asked to reboot the aircraft. I have now done so many times, both the aircraft and the pc but with no improvements. The same tutorial page appears with the same rebooting instruction each time. Is there anything I´m doing wrong or anything else I should do. Appreciate your help with this.
2017-11-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_bGSOWRI Posted at 2017-11-11 14:26
So now I have tried to calibrate the sensors again. However what happens is that I only get in to some sort of tutorial page, see attached screen dump, where you can see the message in red where I am asked to reboot the aircraft. I have now done so many times, both the aircraft and the pc but with no improvements. The same tutorial page appears with the same rebooting instruction each time. Is there anything I´m doing wrong or anything else I should do. Appreciate your help with this.[view_image]

Do you have another cable to try? Maybe it is the linking issue. Please try another cable, or restart the PC. See if it helps.
2017-11-15
Use props
djiuser_bGSOWRI
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-15 00:04
Do you have another cable to try? Maybe it is the linking issue. Please try another cable, or restart the PC. See if it helps.

I have rebooted everything that can be rebooted several times but no success. Have only used the original cable though, that was supplied in the box. Will try another one in a couple of days and report back.
2017-11-16
Use props
Qubu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9757 ft
Romania

Hi,

I had the same error. I've noticed that on one of my vision sensors was a transparent protection plastic. I removed it and i calibrated my vision sensors from my phone.
Now, everything works perfect.  
2017-11-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

djiuser_bGSOWRI Posted at 2017-11-16 13:40
I have rebooted everything that can be rebooted several times but no success. Have only used the original cable though, that was supplied in the box. Will try another one in a couple of days and report back.

Thanks, also, like 17# mentioned, maybe you can give it a check.
2017-11-21
Use props
djiuser_bGSOWRI
lvl.2
Sweden

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-21 01:54
Thanks, also, like 17# mentioned, maybe you can give it a check.

OK finally got a chance to try the calibration again and here are the results.
First tried your advice of changing cable. Used several and none of them made a change.
Then I tried another similar HP laptop computer with same version of Windows 10 and another larger screen (26 ") attached to it. And, voila, it worked and I could finalize the calibration without any problem.
I don´t worry too much about future calibrations as I have access to both computers. Can´t help wondering though, whether the problem lies in my first computer that works perfect in all other aspects and is fairly new, or it may be due to the fact that the calibration now was carried out on a much bigger screen.
So my finale question is if you know if there may be a problem to calibrate on to a normal laptop screen of 15" or that should be no problem?
Thanks for the help anyway, this problem is solved so far.
2017-12-13
Use props
simran sidhki
lvl.1

India

Download and install the in your computers without taking too much time you can now easily solve the problem that caused by missing sys files
2018-10-22
Use props
djiuser_xOKv7CcOeVUb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156237 ft

Spain

Buenos días tengo este mismo problema con un Mavic platinum con tres meses se pone el led del Drone en rojo fijo y aparece el mensaje en el display de la emisora system warning check app y se lleva más de un minuto , lo hace con y sin el móvil puesto si pongo el móvil y abro la app mientras está el aviso , sale un triángulo en rojo donde sale un mensaje, comprobar el estado de las redundancia, lo he calibrado completamente lo he vuelto a actualizar con DJI asisten , y el problema persiste y no tengo ni idea que significa ese mensaje, de momento lo he comunicado en el servicio técnico de España ,que a su vez me dicen que lo ha comunicado en el servicio técnico de Holanda por la garantía y en a espera estoy, alguien sabe lo que significa ese mensaje?.de momento no lo vuelvo a volar asta que se solucione el problema. Gracias de antemano.
Screenshot_2019-02-03-20-24-26.png
2019-2-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_xOKv7CcOeVUb Posted at 2-13 06:34
Buenos días tengo este mismo problema con un Mavic platinum con tres meses se pone el led del Drone en rojo fijo y aparece el mensaje en el display de la emisora system warning check app y se lleva más de un minuto , lo hace con y sin el móvil puesto si pongo el móvil y abro la app mientras está el aviso , sale un triángulo en rojo donde sale un mensaje, comprobar el estado de las redundancia, lo he calibrado completamente lo he vuelto a actualizar con DJI asisten , y el problema persiste y no tengo ni idea que significa ese mensaje, de momento lo he comunicado en el servicio técnico de España ,que a su vez me dicen que lo ha comunicado en el servicio técnico de Holanda por la garantía y en a espera estoy, alguien sabe lo que significa ese mensaje?.de momento no lo vuelvo a volar asta que se solucione el problema. Gracias de antemano.

Hi, we're sorry to know about this situation. I'm afraid that if the problem persists upon doing the troubleshooting steps, we would recommend sending the unit to our facility for further evaluation. You may refer to the link below to contact our support.

www.dji.com/support
2019-2-13
Use props
HH1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

I have a Mavic Pro Platinum and it gave me the same message, even though it flew fine.  What it may be is you do need to calibrate the sensors, and I suggest that you contact Support and send that picture of the screen you get, there are a few things you may have to do to computer so that it will perform correctly, just one or two things.  Mine is working fine.  If you have a Windows-7 machine around the calibration will work without doing anything except installing the assistant.  Hope all works well for you.
2019-2-13
Use props
djiuser_xOKv7CcOeVUb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 156237 ft

Spain

Buenas con la instalación de DJI asisten y la calibración ni tengo problema , tengo Windows 8.1 pro , y la calibración la termina correctamente y luego agosto la calibración completa de todo sensores , gimbal , compás , etc , pero persiste el error , una vez que se quita el error en el display no aparece error , y si quito la batería y la pongo de seguida inicia bien , pero como deje el Drone unas horas apagado y lo vuelva a iniciar aparece el error , ya no se me ocurre más cosas que hacer , lo he puesto en conocimiento del servicio técnico donde se compró y llevo 10 días esperando alguna solución. Y como esta no quiero volarlo no vaya hacer cualquier cosa rara y se pierda o de caiga ya que el error según la foto es algo de navegación, gracias por las sugerencias , seguiré esperando una respuesta por parte del servicio técnico, aunque me parece algo excesivo 10 días para esperar una respuesta del servicio técnico de Holanda según el servicio técnico de España.
2019-2-14
Use props
djiuser_47fH13iSnjf8
New

United Kingdom

Hey!

I seem to be getting SYS warning check app and no GPS signal on the app.

Tried everything from reinstalling the app, firmware update. I live new a NFZ so have driven way outside this and tried again. Recalibrated it all the time.  I have also h locked the area via DJI fly safe too!

I just don’t know what to do

Any help would be amazing?

Lee
2020-3-29
Use props
NewDrone
New

Philippines

Jyunte Posted at 2017-10-29 08:54
I used to get that message and couldn't figure out why! Try a couple of things...

1) When the everything is set up and your ready to fly, press the  green bar at the top left corner of the screen (This is where it would normally say Ready to Fly... But you're getting the error message there!)

Hi Sir
This occurs to my mavic platinum pro
I already calibrated the compass
I updated my firmware
I restarted the aircraft
I placed the aircraft where there is no anything metalThe Compass 1 is disconnected
what should I do to this problem

Thank you
2020-6-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules