DJI GO 4 thanks/request
644 9 2017-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1074104 ft
Malaysia

First let me say "thank you" to DJI for the quick release of 4.1.15 to correct problems with the app crashing when selecting map view in flight records on Apple devices.

I would like to ask you now to please consider changing the annoying warning that pops up EVERY time you switch to sport mode.  I find it also pops up if flying in sport mode and the Spark very briefly loses connection to the RC.  

I realize you are attempting to limit your liability and warn the owner of potential flying hazards when operating in sport mode but can't this be accomplished through a one time agreement/acknowledgement?  Having to respond to this warning every time Spark connects to the RC in sport mode is probaby a greater risk, as it distracts the pilot, than not having the warning at all in the software.
2017-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Warnings are exactly that warnings, just because you are a seasoned flyer does not mean everyone’s is, once you get used to and expect warning to come up you will be over it. Check lists are hugely important in aviation and you would never find any pilot worth his salt trying to delete or ignore any of his warnings even though he sees them repeatedly day after day, just because he has seen it once.
I have at times around here heard some say they didn’t realize they were in sport mode .

“Things never go wrong at the moment you expect them to. When you're completely relaxed, oblivious to any potential dangers, that's when bad things happen.”
2017-10-29
Use props
heliman
lvl.4
Denmark

It seems some people love messages all the time while others don’t.
Why not make it a user choice.
I chose to use a 3rd part app until then.
Compared:

2017-10-29
Use props
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Malaysia

Agree with Heliman, give us the choice with an optional "Don't Show Again" box, then everyone is happy.
2017-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Virgil Quick Posted at 2017-10-29 10:11
Agree with Heliman, give us the choice with an optional "Don't Show Again" box, then everyone is happy.

Well it looks like helimam will be stuck with his new app, I’ve yet to ever see dji removing safety warnings from anything,
2017-10-29
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

heliman Posted at 2017-10-29 09:17
It seems some people love messages all the time while others don’t.
Why not make it a user choice.
I chose to use a 3rd part app until then.

I am with you heliman...
2017-10-29
Use props
Virgil Quick
Second Officer
Malaysia

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign
Blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind
Do this, don't do that, can't you read the sign?
2017-10-29
Use props
SeanGalbraith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891404 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I imagine there might be liability concerns if disable all warnings was an option. They are definitely annoying... but they do serve a purpose.
2017-10-29
Use props
Kloo Gee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I personally think a 2 step approach could be taken.  For the first X number of times the dialog is displayed, this new message box only has an OK button on it.  After X number of times of this message box being displayed, then a second button is added for the user to choose not to see the message box in the future.  I think 3 would be a good number for X, but probably somewhere in the range of 1-5 times being showed could be argued.  After a certain number of times displaying the original message, the message gets lost and isn't actually read by the user anymore anyway.

From the point that the "do not show again" button is chosen, future times switching into Sports Mode gives either an informational (green) or warning (yellow) message in the standard format on the left hand side of the screen, potentially with an associated voice prompt in a similar fashion to other messages being shown in that format.  This is how almost all informational, warning, and error messages are displayed to a user.  So why not use this same format to add another message telling a user they switched to Sports Mode, please be cautious.

By taking this two-step approach, DJI is covering themselves, warning new users, and making a consistent experience for the pilot.
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Glad that the app crashes are solved and the feedback will be taken into consideration.  I think Kloo's idea is great and I would forward it to our engineers.
2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules