Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO APP.....No updates and no NOTHING FOR P4P & P4
682 8 2017-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cinefilms
Second Officer
Flight distance : 118829 ft
Dominican Republic

Well....there's a new DJI GO 4 App, and there's nothing added for phantom series drones.

It's all for Spark, Inspire 2, and editor.

It's been a while like this. No added extras or support for the P4, P4P series.

Wonder what's DJI'S answer to this......uhmmmmmmmmm.
2017-10-29
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hopefully next one will fix some of more recent issues less the bugs.
2017-10-29
Use props
Supong
Second Officer
Thailand

Perhaps the P4P and P4 contain all functions promised.
2017-10-29
Use props
Supong
Second Officer
Thailand

Or perhaps all the P4P/P4 firmware programmer team are all fired.
2017-10-29
Use props
Irate Retro
Second Officer
United States

I don't want any more "extras".  I just want some damn working P4 firmware and then LEAVE IT ALONE.  Leave the play-toy 'intelligent' flight mode features to the Spark users who are apparently so interesting to the world that they gotta take selfies of themselves all day instead of flying the aircraft with the sticks.
2017-10-29
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-29 17:15
I don't want any more "extras".  I just want some damn working P4 firmware and then LEAVE IT ALONE.  Leave the play-toy 'intelligent' flight mode features to the Spark users who are apparently so interesting to the world that they gotta take selfies of their worthless lives all day.

Totally agree. There is this strange idea that there will be more new firmware updates coming along all the time, adding more and more new features. DJI do not promise that, and neither do other manufacturers. Once everything is working properly, there is no need to add more features. You buy the next model for new features. Just get the current release working properly and leave it alone.
2017-10-29
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Irate Retro Posted at 2017-10-29 17:15
I don't want any more "extras".  I just want some damn working P4 firmware and then LEAVE IT ALONE.  Leave the play-toy 'intelligent' flight mode features to the Spark users who are apparently so interesting to the world that they gotta take selfies of themselves all day instead of flying the aircraft with the sticks.

I couldn't agree more!!!
2017-10-29
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-29 17:18
Totally agree. There is this strange idea that there will be more new firmware updates coming along all the time, adding more and more new features. DJI do not promise that, and neither do other manufacturers. Once everything is working properly, there is no need to add more features. You buy the next model for new features. Just get the current release working properly and leave it alone.

Absolutely!
Let's get what we have working as advertised and then back off and for darn sure don't add anything more...blot is becoming a real issue.  I'd also prefer if they delinked the Editor & Skypixel parts off the app and make them separate apps on their own.  That way folks can pick and choose what they want to download or not, instead of hogging up space for stuff some don't need.
2017-10-29
Use props
Punchbuggy
Captain
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2017-10-29 17:18

Agree totally. But DJI still wont leave the firmware alone even if they don't continue "feature enhancements". A key component of recent releases have been to enforce safe flying and compliance with regulatory requirement.

I realise it sounds ironic now, but I'd rather have the Beta firmware my P4 was stuck on from the formal test back in January. Oh, plus the horizon fix, updated battery firmware (in line with my P4P), and... and...
2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules