GO 4 App Troubles v4.1.10
766 8 2017-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Snce the latest update of the GO 4 Application to version 4.1.10, I have been experiencing a few problems that I cannot seem to resolve.  I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" which prior to this I was having no problems using in any area, it is used only for flying the UAV.

1) When attempting to log in to GO 4, the log in screen goes wacky, hard to describe technically, everything gets jammed together, and I cannot complete the log in.  After I back out to the main screen and then reattempt log in it usually clears itself and I can finish the task.  After which I have no further issue in that area.  I should also state that I have had no problems with using the app and flying my quad, everything there seems to work just fine, except for the next problem.

2) I cannot load or use the "Offline Map" function and I do not get maps when I am flying.  I do get satellite image maps but no street maps even when selecting hybrid maps.  When selecting Offline Map it goes to the page and tries to load but then after about 30 seconds it says "Network Unavailable.”  All that ends up loading on the page is the back arrow, map management, an admin note (not related to the problem), and a search window, nothing more i.e. no listing of map regions etc. that area is just blank.  Further, the page becomes frozen, I cannot enter Map Management, it will not complete a search, and I cannot even back out of the page.  However, if I use the tablet’s back button that will get me back out of the page, but not using the back arrow on screen.  In addition, as I noted earlier, when flying I do not get the street maps to load on the map display, and yes while connected to the network, and I get no warning or message window stating why it is just a blank screen.  However, I can load and get hybrid and satellite maps.

By comparison, my Samsung G7 ph works perfectly with the GO 4 App.  The only difference is in the version numbering it says 362gptablet or 362gpphone, is there any difference for these type devices.  Does or has anyone else had this problem?  If so, what were you able to do to correct it?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the application 3 times now, and nether time has it worked out, so please you can skip that advice unless you have something new to add to the overall process there.  I have been living with this issue for about a month now, as at first I thought it was a network problem, but now I do not believe that is the case.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
2017-10-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Genghis,

Your phone appears to be a J7 and is a bit more powerful than the tablet.  That may explain the problem.  You can try to update your sync and uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 app on the tablet but the app seems to have outgrown your tablet.  My Samsung tablet can only work with my P3P now and even Litchi does not work on it.  In fact many of your problems are what Litchi does to my Samsung!

It looks like a new tablet is in order for you.  Since the nVidia Shield K1 is no longer available, I have looked at the newer ASUS ZenPad 3S 10 (9.7" display).  That one is available for $300 or less and the 9.7 inch screen fits in the device holder and it has good power for the next few updates for DJIGLO 4.  You can look at the specs for it.  When my Samsung tablet bites the dust, that is what I am going to get.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-29
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-10-29 15:30
Aloha Genghis,

Your phone appears to be a J7 and is a bit more powerful than the tablet.  That may explain the problem.  You can try to update your sync and uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO 4 app on the tablet but the app seems to have outgrown your tablet.  My Samsung tablet can only work with my P3P now and even Litchi does not work on it.  In fact many of your problems are what Litchi does to my Samsung!

Well you may be correct...thought about it
However...I'm not so sure that is truly the case and here is why...I can spoof the app in to using google maps on the flight page.  I just can't use google maps for offline use as I could if I could get those PoS Here maps to load on the Offline page.

My thinking is if everything works fine with the google maps then why couldn't it be the same for Here?
2017-10-29
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-29 17:22
However...I'm not so sure that is truly the case and here is why...I can spoof the app in to using google maps on the flight page.  I just can't use google maps for offline use as I could if I could get those PoS Here maps to load on the Offline page.

Aloha Genghis,

For one thing, Here does not have the resources as Google.  Sure, you can spoof but do you want to have to spoof all the time.  That is where the device with resources and power comes in to play.  I am facing the same problem with my Samsung and my P3P.  Bummer.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-10-29
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-10-29 17:22

I suppose you have switched off the video cache to reduce the load on the memory/CPU, if not would be worth a try.

2017-11-2
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-11-2 05:20
I suppose you have switched off the video cache to reduce the load on the memory/CPU, if not would be worth a try.

Aardvark,
Good to hear from you!
Yes, everything that can be shut down has been shut down.  Overall running of the app, video feed, and telemetry all seems to work just fine.  I don' t see any issues when in use that I find serious or problematic.  Just can't get the Offline Maps page to load so I can upload my maps.  Also I don't get Here maps when I'm running or trying to run in map view, it's just a white screen with the HP, track, and arrow shown.
2017-11-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-11-2 09:11
Aardvark,
Good to hear from you!
Yes, everything that can be shut down has been shut down.  Overall running of the app, video feed, and telemetry all seems to work just fine.  I don' t see any issues when in use that I find serious or problematic.  Just can't get the Offline Maps page to load so I can upload my maps.  Also I don't get Here maps when I'm running or trying to run in map view, it's just a white screen with the HP, track, and arrow shown.

I suspect it may come out in the wash after the next update. My mapping (on iOS device) initially showed me somewhere off the West African coast until the aircraft GPS provided updated co-ordinates to what must have been default values. Like you I was looking at a blue screen until I zoomed well out.

If your screens white it might be at North Pole
2017-11-3
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-11-3 08:34
I suspect it may come out in the wash after the next update. My mapping (on iOS device) initially showed me somewhere off the West African coast until the aircraft GPS provided updated co-ordinates to what must have been default values. Like you I was looking at a blue screen until I zoomed well out.

If your screens white it might be at North Pole

You know you may be correct, my problem sounds similar to what you just described.
At least wise I'm hoping that is it.  Figured if no one could give my a clue about what I might do that the next best bet was to wait for the next update to see if it fixed itself, but hopefully doesn't get worse in the process.  As always thanks for your sage advice!
2017-11-3
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-11-3 08:56
You know you may be correct, my problem sounds similar to what you just described.
At least wise I'm hoping that is it.  Figured if no one could give my a clue about what I might do that the next best bet was to wait for the next update to see if it fixed itself, but hopefully doesn't get worse in the process.  As always thanks for your sage advice!

For the offline map download issue, it happens before because of the server issue of Here Map, but it should be resolved now, please check the internet connection of your app. For the first issue, coz the tablet you are using isn't on the support list, so there may be a compatible issue. If reinstalling doesn't help, then you might need to wait for the next update, and use your mobile phone which works well with DJI GO 4 at the moment.
2017-11-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules