Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Fall colors
1769 15 2017-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kermit68
lvl.3
Flight distance : 443753 ft
United States

Here is my first published video
For sure I need to improve both in shooting and in editing, but I quite happy for the result. Unfortunaltely I'm a lot less happy that my Mavic has a severe blur issue in the right middle to right upper corner of the camera so I'm going to sendi it back for repair ... again !! Yes, this is my second Mavic, a replacement of the my first one that had the same issue (on the left side of the camera in that case). How is it possible that Quality Assurance is so poor in DJI with camera checking ?

Any comments welcome of course
2017-10-29
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Such beautiful colors.
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry for your experience. Please check if there is a dirt or mist on the lens. If the issue persists, could you please upload the original footage from the SD card to Dropbox so I can download it? Also, please PM me your case number.
BTW, the video is really colorful, that is absolutely a great place for shooting. Thank you for sharing.
2017-10-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great place to film and hope 3 times in a row gives better luck...
2017-10-29
Use props
Kermit68
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-29 22:08
I am sorry for your experience. Please check if there is a dirt or mist on the lens. If the issue persists, could you please upload the original footage from the SD card to Dropbox so I can download it? Also, please PM me your case number.
BTW, the video is really colorful, that is absolutely a great place for shooting. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Thor,
unfortunately it's not a matter of dirt. When I got back my (new) Mavic I went immediately to shoot some footage, actually in the same location near my home where I spotted the problem with my first Mavic. It is better then the orginal one, but still the quality on one side (this time the right one) is way unacceptable.

Still, for my trip to USA, I used and enjoyed my Mavic, but now that I'm back home I would really like to have this problem fixed one for all.

I don't have a case open yet, I'm goinng to do it tonight and I'll PM it together with the original footage.

I'm an a little bit more than an amateur photographer and I can recognize issues with lenses.

In the meanwhile I can upload some grabs still taken from the graded footage. Please have a loot to upper right corner and right middle side.

sample 1

sample 1

sample 2

sample 2

sample 3

sample 3
2017-10-30
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302316 ft
Norway

great work. nice and colourful
2017-10-30
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302316 ft
Norway

great work. nice and colourful
2017-10-30
Use props
Kermit68
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-29 22:08

This is the original videos. Please also check video DJI_0010.mp4 for some sort of rolling waves (it's the only one showing this defect).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c2voi ... HRYyaAHVdigh2a?dl=0

I can't PM my case numer right now, it looks I caanot send to you PM, probably we should be "friend". I sent to you the request.

Thanks
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Kermit68 Posted at 2017-10-30 13:54
This is the original videos. Please also check video DJI_0010.mp4 for some sort of rolling waves (it's the only one showing this defect).

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/c2voiyrcjz1yryb/AAAh99M7KKIHRYyaAHVdigh2a?dl=0

Thank you for your feedback. I had sent a PM to you, please check and see if you could reply me.
2017-10-31
Use props
Kermit68
lvl.3
Italy

Yes, I got your PM but if I try to reply I get a window that has on the upper right corner the "no access" sign. I tried on different computers, different browser and on mobile, but I always get the same block. It lloks like I'm not allowed to send PM. Please let me know how I can send to you my cas number. Thanks
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Kermit68 Posted at 2017-10-31 08:49
Yes, I got your PM but if I try to reply I get a window that has on the upper right corner the "no access" sign. I tried on different computers, different browser and on mobile, but I always get the same block. It lloks like I'm not allowed to send PM. Please let me know how I can send to you my cas number. Thanks

I got your case number via your email address. I had also watched the video, the wave you mentioned was like the shadow of the props. Did you fly with the gimbal cover?
2017-10-31
Use props
Kermit68
lvl.3
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-31 19:51
I got your case number via your email address. I had also watched the video, the wave you mentioned was like the shadow of the props. Did you fly with the gimbal cover?

No,never flyed with the gimbal cover. The video was taken about half an hour after sunrise so the sun was still very low, I don't know if this could caused the shadow of the propellers as you suggested.  On the other hand, for sure the sun was behind the mavic and it only happens once.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Kermit68 Posted at 2017-11-1 06:53
No,never flyed with the gimbal cover. The video was taken about half an hour after sunrise so the sun was still very low, I don't know if this could caused the shadow of the propellers as you suggested.  On the other hand, for sure the sun was behind the mavic and it only happens once.

Okay, noted that, I will note it on your case, our colleague will pay attention to it.
2017-11-1
Use props
Kermit68
lvl.3
Italy

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-1 23:47
Okay, noted that, I will note it on your case, our colleague will pay attention to it.

Hi DJI Thor, the damage assestment of my Mavic says "gimbal control board" to be replaced. Now, I don't think the the gimbal can be responsible for the video blurred on one side of the screen as it is a clear problem of the camera.

As this is my secondo Mavic repair with the same problem, I strongly hope that I will get back a fully functional Mavic this time, quality of the images included ...

Please have ha check to my case to ensure that a 3rd shipment back to the servic center will not be needed.

Thanks.
2017-11-10
Use props
Kermit68
lvl.3
Italy

Kermit68 Posted at 2017-11-10 00:11
Hi DJI Thor, the damage assestment of my Mavic says "gimbal control board" to be replaced. Now, I don't think the the gimbal can be responsible for the video blurred on one side of the screen as it is a clear problem of the camera.

As this is my secondo Mavic repair with the same problem, I strongly hope that I will get back a fully functional Mavic this time, quality of the images included ...

I continue not understanding how DJI works. From one side we have a wonderful piece of engineering such as (but not only) the Mavic, on the opposite side we have QA and customer management.

I just got the info that a different unit has being shipped to me as the serial number is different. So, the repair recap says "gimbal board replacement", but actually the unit has been replaced with a refurbished one built on March 2017 that god knows what kind of history has behind.

So, I purchased a Mavic on August (manufactured on April 2017), used for few weeks, sent it back with a defect, got back a new unit in Ocotber (manufactured on Agust 2017), used for 2 weeks, sent it back with the same defect and now I'm ending up with a refurbished unit.

Do you think I'm an happy customer now ?

Well, at least I'm hoping to get a refurbished unit whose camera has been deeply tested for the image quality ...
2017-11-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Kermit68 Posted at 2017-11-10 05:19
I continue not understanding how DJI works. From one side we have a wonderful piece of engineering such as (but not only) the Mavic, on the opposite side we have QA and customer management.

I just got the info that a different unit has being shipped to me as the serial number is different. So, the repair recap says "gimbal board replacement", but actually the unit has been replaced with a refurbished one built on March 2017 that god knows what kind of history has behind.

Kermit68, I am sorry for the late reply, since I checked the case log, the drone has shipped 10/11, for the drone, we will test it before shipping, and make sure the full function of the drone. Please don't worry about it. And now, if you haven't received the drone, please wait patiently. If you have already received it, let me know if you have any problem with it.
2017-11-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules