2745 17 2017-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dennis D
lvl.3
Flight distance : 143468 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've been using an iPad Mini 4 with my P4P since I got it in May. I've rarely experienced any real issues until the latest updates. It seems I always get a "strong interference" message even though I live in the country and I'm out in the opening. I experienced my FIRST in-flight switch to "ATTI" mode which scared the be-jibbers out of me! I also lose video or get that dreaded green-bar in the screen even though I have caching turned off and the drone is not more than 500' away from me. Now, I'm a little reluctant to fly my P4P in the same manner as I've done in the past for fear it will just keep flying off into the sunset.

DJI! What should I be looking at for root cause of this?

Thank you!
2017-10-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

If you have the flight log you could upload to the link below, just click on link and follow instructions and come back here and post link. It might help give you some understanding as to might be happening.

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dennis, I would recommend you to do some basic troubleshooting to check the exact status first.

1. Switch to 5.8 GHz to see whether the strong interference and lost video occurred or not.
2. Change to another location without interference, and make sure there is enough GPS signal during the flight.
2017-10-29
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan,

I had better success when switching to 5.8GHz, but I still had video some freeze-up even though I had cache disabled. What would cause poor GPS reception on a perfectly clear day in the country?
2017-11-2
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Dennis D Posted at 2017-11-2 18:51
DJI Susan,

I had better success when switching to 5.8GHz, but I still had video some freeze-up even though I had cache disabled. What would cause poor GPS reception on a perfectly clear day in the country?

at home we have the same problem, a disturbance with the sun seems to be the cause because early in the morning before the sunrise or after sunset and there is no more interference
2017-11-2
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Dennis D Posted at 2017-11-2 18:51
DJI Susan,

GPS, while highly accurate, sends a very weak signal. As such, it is very prone to sunspot or other solar activity. If this was an isolated experience, this cosmic phenomenon might have been the source of your issues.

If this happens again (or before flying) you can check https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity to see what the space weather is like. It's not the most straightforward information to follow, so on the right side of that webpage, they have an easier to read "Space Weather" meter.
2017-11-3
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Zatx Posted at 2017-11-3 05:23
GPS, while highly accurate, sends a very weak signal. As such, it is very prone to sunspot or other solar activity. If this was an isolated experience, this cosmic phenomenon might have been the source of your issues.

If this happens again (or before flying) you can check https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity to see what the space weather is like. It's not the most straightforward information to follow, so on the right side of that webpage, they have an easier to read "Space Weather" meter.

This make perfect sense and I appreciate the information!
2017-11-17
Use props
fansa38c5223
lvl.2
Flight distance : 412349 ft
  • >>>
United States

I expereince the same issues with the P4P. I can grab my old P3P on 2.4Ghz and it's rock solid, it's still running on old Firmware and older DJI Go app. But my P4P on the latest and greatest firmware and DJI Go 4 app is rubbish on 2.4Ghz (choppy with green and black screens) . If I switch to 5.8Ghz is better, but still choppy, Still nothing comapred to the  P3P. Returning my P4P to Best Buy till DJI fixes their issues.
2017-11-21
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

The UAV forecast app and site also allow you to monitor interference from solar activity
2017-11-21
Use props
Dennis D
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

AlanHd Posted at 2017-11-21 03:24
The UAV forecast app and site also allow you to monitor interference from solar activity

AlanHD, Thanks for the information! I just installed that app!
2017-12-29
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

Dennis D Posted at 2017-12-29 17:44

No,problem
2017-12-30
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
United Kingdom

Dennis D Posted at 2017-12-29 17:44

No,problem
2017-12-30
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

Zatx Posted at 2017-11-3 05:23

If this happens again (or before flying) you can check https://www.spaceweatherlive.com/en/solar-activity to see what the space weather is like. It's not the most straightforward information to follow, so on the right side of that webpage, they have an easier to read "Space Weather" meter.

Another good way to check for solar interference, is the UAV Forecast app.  It's free.  One of the items it displays is KP index (higher the value more solar interference).
2017-12-30
Use props
Flying Wolf_NOL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 345827 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just flew my P4P for the first time in awhile (bad weather recently). As others have said; choppy video and green/black bars right at 500'.   I'm not getting the interference warning, but the video thing is enough to ruin a fun afternoon. The interesting thing is that it also is happening with Litchi as well as the DJI go 4 app!  Usually I can switch to litchi to solve any issues - not this time! curious!
2017-12-30
Use props
fansc7f80a47
lvl.1

Australia

Im having exactly the same issue....in the outback..no large external signals sources within 10km...and getting Signal interference.This however is a sepperate issue to my recorded video..off the sdcard showing noise in the recorded video?
2017-12-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

fansc7f80a47 Posted at 2017-12-30 14:35
Im having exactly the same issue....in the outback..no large external signals sources within 10km...and getting Signal interference.This however is a sepperate issue to my recorded video..off the sdcard showing noise in the recorded video?

Post a photo on Dropbox so we can take a look at it.
2017-12-30
Use props
TrickyAU
lvl.1

Australia

2017-12-30
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

TrickyAU Posted at 2017-12-30 15:10
https://youtu.be/P-QNQIg4Hh0

Yes, that is a fault in the camera, you should send it in to be repaired.
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules