Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Course lock question
584 5 2017-10-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone Man
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3896588 ft
United States

Hey guys,
Today I was in course lock, as I was on course I was yawing 360* just looking around when I heard the controller start to beep and the drone shuttered and pitched nose high.
This happened several times unfortunatly it happened so quick I was unable to see if there was any kind of alert on the screen.
Anyone have this happen ??
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Maybe you can play back the flight record and see if there is any message. Or if you can reproduce the occasion, you can provide us with a short video so I can understand more clearly. Thank you.
2017-10-29
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It sounds like it was braking for an obstacle, possibly the sun. Did you turn the drone to face the sun?
2017-10-29
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Oh, thanks for Jenee's reminding. If it was the case of obstacle avoidance, please try not facing the sun when flying. And if the drone was not facing the strong light, the braking was just initiated falsely, you might need to calibrate the Visual System via DJI Assistant 2.
2017-10-29
Use props
Drone Man
Second Officer
United States

Ahhh,
The Sun,
I bet you guys are right !!
It happened while I was rotating and the braking was in the direction of the sun.
If I get a chance Ill check it again tomorrow at around the noon hour while
the sun is high.
Thanks guys !!
2017-10-29
Use props
Drone Man
Second Officer
United States

Just uploaded that flight to Airdata and you were correct, it was the obstacle avoidance.
Thanks for the help guys !!
2017-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules