Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi,
I will go to Phuket in Thailand in the beginning of 2018 for holidays with my P4P.

I have read that quite all drones must be registered to be allowed to fly in the Thailand.

On the web I have found this link of the CAAT (Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand) :

https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/27220

There are 2 forms to fill.

So, firstly, is it the good website and the good forms to fill ?

Where i need to send these forms filled ?

thank you very much for your help.

Cheers,
Xavier

2017-10-29
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I read that it takes 2 months just to process, sounds like a bureaucratic night mare.
2017-10-30
Use props
fans417abfbd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434593 ft
United Kingdom

I’m heading out to Thailand tomorrow for several months. Sadly I have decided to leave my P4P at home. I’m not sure whether  the situation has changed but yes as far as I’m aware it was taking 2 months to process the paperwork and the last time I looked at the paperwork there was also something about approval for importing a drone. I’m not sure what that meant exactly but it looked as though you might need to get the paperwork done before you pass through customs. You could just wing it and hope you don’t get stopped going into the country but I don’t fancy the hassle if I get stopped.  My decision has been somewhat influence by my last trip which wasn’t a good experience. I think for now I’m going to sit back and find out how others get on with going through the registration process.
2017-10-30
Use props
KenTbk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327644 ft
Singapore

Hi All,

you may refer to the threat on here https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... mp;page=1#pid965271

the process is troublesome and i decided not to go for it. i travel there often but not bringing my drone there.
2017-10-30
Use props
KenTbk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 327644 ft
Singapore

for insurance so far i only found this http://www.dronethaiinsurance.com/
is about 3000 bath. but need some help to translate, can try to use google translate.
https://translate.google.com/tra ... t-text=&act=url
2017-10-30
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi all,
thanks for the first input.

Hum... complex complex. I hesitate to do all these papers, get a insurance etc.. Perhaps i shoul focus on photography and video for this trip.

2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

It's rather not easy to take a drone to Thailand. I would recommend you to leave it to the next time until you are fully prepared for this.
2017-10-30
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi, thanks for the advise.

I will check all possibilities but for sure i don't want to take any risk ;-)
2017-10-31
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-30 20:18
It's rather not easy to take a drone to Thailand. I would recommend you to leave it to the next time until you are fully prepared for this.

DJI is the strongest seller of drones in Thailand.
Why you arent trying to make it a online process, like it is in china?

Also, how about you assist the chinese authorities with smoothing that process  for china up a bit?
So that the website will be available in english and people can already undergo the registration process from outside china.
And that they need for the "free to fly" SMS then, in China , have to get a sim, to update the data and to go fly?
I would say, in every country where drones are sold by DJI, it is in DJI's interest, that people not become the target of the lawenforment parties!
2017-12-24
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-24 02:46
DJI is the strongest seller of drones in Thailand.
Why you arent trying to make it a online process, like it is in china?

Actually no. It isn't DJI themselves selling the drones it is a local company called "Phantom Thailand" which is all dolled up to look like DJI. They are an approved reseller. They can help you to understand the rules and regs of flying a drone in Thailand. The best thing is to visit them in Siam Centre mall (3rd or 4th floor - I can't remember) which is next to the huge Siam Paragon mall and opposite MBK centre in Sukumvit, Bangkok.

I fly my Mavic in Thailand all the time. There really isn't an issue and the local people do not care as long as you aren't being silly and by that I mean flying in the middle of a city, causing a public disturbance, flying at/over/within ANY buddhist temples. Just be sensible and fly outside of the cities such as Bangkok, Pattaya, Rayong, Hua Hin, Petchaburi etc and you will be just fine.

For the record you can register your drone at any Police Station using the form that the OP posted. It's a relatively easy process and you will get a receipt. You are then good to go. If you have a Thai speaking friend to accompany you it really does help.

If you send the form to the Aviation Authority it can take a couple of months however you can do it on arrival at any police station. You can also visit the aviation authority in Bangkok and receive the registration receipt the same day.

But honestly if you are sensible and not fly at any sacred place or generally annoy the locals with your drone flying then you will be absolutely fine.

2017-12-24
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Kingdom

Not a great photo but straight off the mavic. Ban Pak Nam Pran.
2017-12-24
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

dan_vector Posted at 2017-12-24 03:45
Actually no. It isn't DJI themselves selling the drones it is a local company called "Phantom Thailand" which is all dolled up to look like DJI. They are an approved reseller. They can help you to understand the rules and regs of flying a drone in Thailand. The best thing is to visit them in Siam Centre mall (3rd or 4th floor - I can't remember) which is next to the huge Siam Paragon mall and opposite MBK centre in Sukumvit, Bangkok.

I fly my Mavic in Thailand all the time. There really isn't an issue and the local people do not care as long as you aren't being silly and by that I mean flying in the middle of a city, causing a public disturbance, flying at/over/within ANY buddhist temples. Just be sensible and fly outside of the cities such as Bangkok, Pattaya, Rayong, Hua Hin, Petchaburi etc and you will be just fine.

And still, DJI is the strongest seller in Thailand.
And I know about Phantom and also synnex and such, in Thailand. Even google knows and can help you, to find the location.
Even the CAAT office in Bangkok is on google maps
That isn't the point!
The point is, that DJI drones get sold everywhere, this days.
Also people from all over the world are travelling with drones or buying them in the holiday countries
And DJI is kind of involved in the registration process in China
So I would assume, they could, in their own interest, find a way to collaborate with the authorities in other countries, like they do in China!
There are tons of ways, to smoothen that process up.
Right now, there is always NO CHANCE for foreigners on holiday, to fly their drone legally in Thailand.
And noone can tell, till now, if the BiB's will charge only like for driving without a license or without a helmet, and then you can get on with flying.

I just think, right know all the world is tying up drone rules, so the biggest player in the game could try to assist and make that a coordinated process. And speed up the process for everybody
2017-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-12-24 04:34
And still, DJI is the strongest seller in Thailand.
And I know about Phantom and also synnex and such, in Thailand. Even google knows and can help you, to find the location.
Even the CAAT office in Bangkok is on google maps

Thanks for your interest. Actually, the shipping is not available due to the Thailand local policy. The package is easily to be stuck in the local custom and hard to finish the clearance process. We're sorry of this. Therefore, we suggest to purchase local authorized dealers or recommended service center to avoid further troubles. https://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2017-12-25
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Yeah just Read up on this and the right thing atm - register your drone on the two websites - get approved- buy insurance- be allowed to fly. Not bringing my drones this winter as I have done before - it’s Thailand it’s their county and their laws.
2017-12-26
Use props
Hammond
lvl.1
Thailand

HI Whilst this is a bit off subject I was buying a Mavic Pro from gearbest but cancelled it due to the BS needed to go through.  Do DJI have any actual shops on Bangkok or anywhere else for that matter as I live here and would just like t  walk in shop and buy one without the risk of buying online
2018-1-3
Use props
Denis Fernandes
lvl.1
Flight distance : 540102 ft
Brazil

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-conten ... Eng-Translation.pdf

If your drone has less than 2kg (Mavic pro and spark) you might be able to flight  if you follow the rules.

Can anyone confirm about the registering at any police station?

There is nothing in the rules about that.
2018-1-30
Use props
Siambuddhas Group
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116926 ft
Singapore

best thing is....thailand sooner to open its own LEGAL REGISTERED DRONE RENTAL SHOPS... den thats the cure ....... ease off to every pilots.....
2018-1-30
Use props
alexjt
New

Norway

From what I understand all drones with a camera (incl. Mavic and Spark) need to be registered, anything over 250g, at least that is what I understood after my wife spoke to the perosn at the NBTC where we registered my drone.
I am in the process of trying to be able to fly my P2V+ in Thailand, so far i have found the following (sorry for the repeat of the info)
1. Drone has to be registered (not sure if it is just at NBTC offices or CAAT office only)
2. You MUST have insurance,  The company another poster mention can supply the forms in English.
3. It appears that you must have a Drone flight license, which can only be done at the CAAT office (you can email the forms to them).  Be prepared to wait 3-4 months for this however.

A good link to check is Drone-Traveller Thailand

I might be wrong on some points, but this is what I have found out from getting my wife to speak to the various regulatory bodies in Thailand.  Its proving to be an absolute nightmare to fly a drone in Thailand
2018-3-13
Use props
alexjt
New

Norway

Denis Fernandes Posted at 2018-1-30 16:31
https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Drone-Regulation-Eng-Translation.pdf

If your drone has less than 2kg (Mavic pro and spark) you might be able to flight  if you follow the rules.

When the announcement first came out about registering drones, you could do it at police stations, however I did read that when some people went to register the drone people at the police station had no idea about how to do it.
I registered mine at the NBTC office in Chaeng Wattana
2018-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules