Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drone Maintenance Checklist
38431 66 2017-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
VigilanteDrones
Captain
Flight distance : 3819505 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any chance DJI will ever come out with tool/maintenance kits specific to their drones?
2018-5-1
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
Hong Kong

VigilanteDrones Posted at 2018-5-1 22:14
Any chance DJI will ever come out with tool/maintenance kits specific to their drones?

Your constructive suggestion have already transferred to the product team! Thank you for your advice
2018-5-1
Use props
VigilanteDrones
Captain
Flight distance : 3819505 ft
  • >>>

DJI Grace Posted at 2018-5-1 22:43
Your constructive suggestion have already transferred to the product team! Thank you for your advice

Thanks Grace!
2018-5-2
Use props
X-Fighter
lvl.1

Brazil

Great post! Thank you! There's something about how to cleaning/drying motors?
2018-5-8
Use props
TechVoyager
Second Officer
Flight distance : 59993 ft
India

Sam Saini Posted at 2018-2-25 05:01
Hi...i bought Mavic Air couple of weeks ago ....first flight was perfect and when i fly second time after 5 days, it starts smells burning and immediately i took the battery off and i took back to DJI authorized seller from where i bought this drone. They kept the drone for few days and returned me back and said there is no fault with this drone, but drone still smells weird like something heat up and melted inside, i explained them what happened and this was happened in first week, drone should be replaced, i found this is not a good service provided by DJI. Is any thing i can do to fix this.
Thanks
Sam

Its normal Sam Saini. As the  board, motors and the batteries are new so there will be little burn-in in new drones. It will eventually go away after couple of flights. Hope that helps
2018-5-14
Use props
jimfalt
First Officer
Flight distance : 33474 ft

thanks for sharing
2018-5-14
Use props
DMX_MT
Captain

Malta

Thanks for all this Info Dear DJI Grace !
2018-7-4
Use props
dronto
Captain
Singapore

wow thanks Grace for the useful guides
2018-7-18
Use props
GnarlyGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 242421 ft
Malaysia

Thanks for posting.
2018-7-25
Use props
TimDerLauch
lvl.3

Thanks for sharing !
2018-8-8
Use props
elkabubi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 467703 ft
Germany

DJI Grace Posted at 2018-5-1 22:43

I was looking for something like this, on the down side... it will be an additional kit to buy and raises the investment required while flying.

however if you use to take care of them as I did. you will do it anyway. so the advantage is that you could get everything from the same place and from the manufacturer.

I would also suggest that if with this or other way. can be proven that the drone has been undergoing preventive maintenance maybe the waranty could be extended??

like in the cars. every XXX amount of Km you should give some service to it?

The moment I reached flight 100 I remember I was thinking on... (It has been allready lots of Flights... when should I first do its preventive maintenance)?
2018-8-31
Use props
rolling56
Captain
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

Use Google Chrome and the translate feature
2018-10-25
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 529803 ft
France

Just read the battery instructions:  « Charge and discharge the battery completely once every 20 charge/discharge cycles. Discharge the battery until there is 0% of power or until it can no longer be turned on, then recharge it to the maximum capacity. This power cycling procedure will optimize the battery life. »

How are we supposed to fully discharge the battery?
2018-12-15
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

Good thread. Thanks for the information.
2018-12-21
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
France

Fre Mo Posted at 12-15 00:14
Just read the battery instructions:  « Charge and discharge the battery completely once every 20 charge/discharge cycles. Discharge the battery until there is 0% of power or until it can no longer be turned on, then recharge it to the maximum capacity. This power cycling procedure will optimize the battery life. »

How are we supposed to fully discharge the battery?

Any idea to discharge the battery quickly, my drone does not take off below 10% battery.
2018-12-23
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
France

Is it normal that the cells are not balanced when fully discharging the battery?
2018-12-23
Use props
CharlieZ
Captain
Flight distance : 269137 ft
United States

Good to know, thanks!!
1-5 17:06
Use props
darkfull1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

Great list but I see that the gimbal needs to be protected when carrying the drone. Why isn't there a gimbal cover for the spark in the fly more combo or even with the drone when it's purchased?  Of course I bought one (Even 2 by accident) but many people might not be able to purchase one where they are and might need it.
1-11 15:40
Use props
Sayhelloforme
Captain
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Great information. Thanks for sharing.
1-12 17:14
Use props
Hogtopia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2723 ft
United States

I have a new to me Inspire 2 that I purchased from the original order.  One of the first things I did was to make sure the memory cards were empty and so I dumped their content to my local computer and then emptied the contents.  When putting the SD Card back in, I keep getting an Error that says, The SD card has an error, please replace it."  The card works in my GoPro Hero 7 .  Its a SanDisk Extreme 128GB U3 which I believe is compatible.  I've also tried a second one of these cards and get the same error.  The cards work fine in other media devices and the computer.  I'm not really sure what to do next.   The last thing I did was try formatting it on the system after resetting the camera and most of the time it says the card is no good, but on a few occasions it starts to format it but never ends.

Thoughts on next steps ?
1-24 18:39
Use props
cutis
First Officer
Flight distance : 1007756 ft
United States

Hogtopia Posted at 1-24 18:39
I have a new to me Inspire 2 that I purchased from the original order.  One of the first things I did was to make sure the memory cards were empty and so I dumped their content to my local computer and then emptied the contents.  When putting the SD Card back in, I keep getting an Error that says, The SD card has an error, please replace it."  The card works in my GoPro Hero 7 .  Its a SanDisk Extreme 128GB U3 which I believe is compatible.  I've also tried a second one of these cards and get the same error.  The cards work fine in other media devices and the computer.  I'm not really sure what to do next.   The last thing I did was try formatting it on the system after resetting the camera and most of the time it says the card is no good, but on a few occasions it starts to format it but never ends.

Thoughts on next steps ?
Be careful mating to energized host OS pc. Connect when all power dead, then ascend power, right? DON'T PLUG PLAY ENERGIZED.
Understand craft is not assigned earth like pc smps dc powering.
Transients can be felt by sdcard being highly voltage spike vulnerable to puncturing irreversibilities. Sdcards are not robustful like thumb drive jumpdrive tolerant
2-19 13:16
Use props
BKBear
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67697 ft
United States

Great tip on batteries, just found this looking through the forum.
4-1 17:12
Use props
MRomine
Second Officer
Flight distance : 190102 ft
United States

"If the battery needs to be carried onto the plane, discharge it to 5% of its total power.You can set your batteries to self-discharge in DJI GO app."

Where is the self-discharge option found in the DJI Go4 app? Is the location different is using the Smart Controller?
5-15 16:15
Use props
usere02be016f0
New

United States

I have a Phantom 3 professional 4K and when i turn the controller on it continuously beeps with a red LED light. When i connect the RC to the DJI Go app it’s says battery low.

When i try and charge the RC it stays charging for maybe a few minutes and turns off. Basically not holding a charge.
I’ve also tried recalibrating the RC and still have no luck.
5-31 07:44
Use props
Cam9292
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22598 ft
Canada

Absolutely some good tips and habits to form!
7-1 06:10
Use props
Miro Perez
Second Officer
Flight distance : 25374 ft
United States

Thanks for the advice
8-28 15:21
Use props
fans6886861f
New
Flight distance : 308350 ft

hello i buy a camera zemmus x3 for inspire 1 i just plug it in for the first time and it does not light it turns not on itself how can i check what recieves properly energy.
9-6 06:21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules