DJI app doesnt show 4k resolution on LG G6
3006 13 2017-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfeb5c106
lvl.1
Portugal

Hi

I want to use LG G6 on osmo mobile. But it seems like DJI app doesnt show the max video resolution of 4k. Do you have a plan to solve this issue?
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that 4K resolution is only available with some Android mobile devices.
We will keep improving our products to make your experience with us better in the future.
2017-10-30
Use props
Nadeem Ahmed
New

India

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-30 04:06
Sorry that 4K resolution is only available with some Android mobile devices.
We will keep improving our products to make your experience with us better in the future.

Hey There,

I'm also not able to record 4K videos on my OnePlus 5. The stock app supports the 4K resolution but it lacks the DJI app features.

Kindly confirm if the DJI Go App support the 4K video recording or not.
2017-11-8
Use props
Nadeem Ahmed
New

India

Nadeem Ahmed Posted at 2017-11-8 10:28
Hey There,

I'm also not able to record 4K videos on my OnePlus 5. The stock app supports the 4K resolution but it lacks the DJI app features.

@DJI Mindy Kindly reply, My Oneplus 5 is able to record only in HD (1280 X 720)
2017-11-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nadeem Ahmed Posted at 2017-11-12 07:34
@DJI Mindy Kindly reply, My Oneplus 5 is able to record only in HD (1280 X 720)

The following devices which we have tested support the 4K resolution:
Samsung S8, Samsung S7 Edge, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 plus, Huawei P10, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, MI Max, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE
We will keep improving our products to make it compatible with more mobile devices.
2017-11-13
Use props
Nadeem Ahmed
New

India

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-13 03:19
Samsung S8, Samsung S7 Edge, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8 plus, Huawei P10, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Mate 9, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, MI Max, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone SE
We will keep improving our products to make it compatible with more mobile devices.

Why not OnePlus? It is such a popular device.

Any ETA on the Oneplus 5?
2017-11-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Nadeem Ahmed Posted at 2017-11-18 11:48
Why not OnePlus? It is such a popular device.

Any ETA on the Oneplus 5?

Sorry Sir, we are working on improving our products, but are unable to provide more info, thanks for the patience.
2017-11-23
Use props
jasonwilliam
New

India

LG G8 specs released Checkout this link https://techrubik.com/lg-g8-specs-price-release-date-unveiled/
2018-1-17
Use props
Lisztian Man
New

Hong Kong

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-13 03:19

Why there are no sony ' phones? I am using XZ Premium , and XZ.

Some third party app can use 4K video recording, i don't  think is it a matter of sony's device.
2018-1-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lisztian Man Posted at 2018-1-28 18:49
Why there are no sony ' phones? I am using XZ Premium , and XZ.

Some third party app can use 4K video recording, i don't  think is it a matter of sony's device.

Since there are so many Android mobile devices are released in the market and it is very hard for us to make all the devices compatible with Osmo Mobile.
If you have 4K resolution in your stock Camera, you can use HID function, which means when you connect to Osmo Mobile's Bluetooth, you can also use the stock Camera APP in your phone for shooting, Osmo Mobile could just to a stabilizer. The shutter and video buttons in the handle can be used to control the volume button in your phone, thereby to trigger the video and picture taking.
2018-1-29
Use props
rolkos
New
Flight distance : 27556 ft
Poland

It's been 8 month since @fansfeb5c106 post. Then (if I understand correctly) Dji Go app supported 1080p but not 4k. Now Dji app on LG G6 supports only 720! They just don't care about Android users.

Dji Osmo Mobile 2 should be sold as iPhone only accessory not Android!

@DJi Mindy - how can I record motion timelapses with stock Camera?
2018-6-14
Use props
fansfeb5c106
lvl.1
Portugal

rolkos Posted at 2018-6-14 23:05
It's been 8 month since @fansfeb5c106 post. Then (if I understand correctly) Dji Go app supported 1080p but not 4k. Now Dji app on LG G6 supports only 720! They just don't care about Android users.

Dji Osmo Mobile 2 should be sold as iPhone only accessory not Android!

Yes I asked it almost 8 months ago and it seems like they do nothing about this issues. they just say they are working on it. and I saw different posts almost a year ago than my post about lg g6 and in that post,they say that they are working on it as well. it shouldn't be that difficult to add this as I can see there are other apps like filmic pro supports all resolutions and plus recognizing wide angle camera as well. they definitely shouldn't sell it for android.
2018-6-20
Use props
djiuser_aoHkJxxGlr77
New

Luxembourg

I had a samsung s4 and have specially bought a lg g6 THAT IS MENTIONNED COMPATIBLE WITH OSMO MOBILE 2 on dji dedicated website's page. Lg g6 is one of the better camera-phone and i ve bought it specially for my osmo. I have not the slow motion mode either...
Please developpe the app for lg g6...
2018-6-24
Use props
Oz Moose
lvl.2
Flight distance : 182884 ft
Australia

djiuser_aoHkJxxGlr77 Posted at 2018-6-24 01:14
I had a samsung s4 and have specially bought a lg g6 THAT IS MENTIONNED COMPATIBLE WITH OSMO MOBILE 2 on dji dedicated website's page. Lg g6 is one of the better camera-phone and i ve bought it specially for my osmo. I have not the slow motion mode either...
Please developpe the app for lg g6...

Same issue.

I just bought osmo mobile 2 and I have an LG G6.

It's specifically listed as compatible on their website yet it cannot record at 4K within app.

It can't even record at 1080p/60fps....

DJI are misleading Android customers, in my opinion....
2018-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules