Correct way to remove the Spark's light covers?
6498 12 2017-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SeanGalbraith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891404 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi there!
I was wondering what's the correct way to remove (and put back on) the Spark's light covers?

Thanks!
Sean
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We don't suggest to remove the LED cover, did it come off?
To assemble the LED cover, please align the LED cover with the bottom base, ensure that the horizontal line of a LED cover is parallel to an arm, press the cover down until there is no gap.

* Please do not use the glue.
* Do not power on the aircraft during this process.
2017-10-30
Use props
SeanGalbraith
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-30 19:29
We don't suggest to remove the LED cover, did it come off?
To assemble the LED cover, please align the LED cover with the bottom base, ensure that the horizontal line of a LED cover is parallel to an arm, press the cover down until there is no gap.

Yes, two of mine have broken off (so far). They seem to have been broken by the propellor guards (i.e. the twisting on/off the the guards seem to have broken them).
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

SeanGalbraith Posted at 2017-10-31 09:54
Yes, two of mine have broken off (so far). They seem to have been broken by the propellor guards (i.e. the twisting on/off the the guards seem to have broken them).

Could you please provide us with the picture of your Spark's arms with its LED cover? We will help to check more.
2017-10-31
Use props
SeanGalbraith
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-31 22:46
Could you please provide us with the picture of your Spark's arms with its LED cover? We will help to check more.

Here you go:

https://imgur.com/a/4r7DQ
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SeanGalbraith Posted at 2017-11-1 18:17
Here you go:

https://imgur.com/a/4r7DQ

Thanks for your update, it looks like the LED cover bottom base is OK, only the LED covers came off, in this case, please contact our support to verify if there are LED covers in stock in local repair center, they will guide what to do next, thank you.
2017-11-1
Use props
SeanGalbraith
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-1 18:47
Thanks for your update, it looks like the LED cover bottom base is OK, only the LED covers came off, in this case, please contact our support to verify if there are LED covers in stock in local repair center, they will guide what to do next, thank you.

Unfortunately, I don't have a local repair centre in Toronto, and need to have my drone for work so can't send it away for repairs yet.
2017-11-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SeanGalbraith Posted at 2017-11-6 09:25
Unfortunately, I don't have a local repair centre in Toronto, and need to have my drone for work so can't send it away for repairs yet.

Sorry that there is no official repair center in Canada at the moment.
So our support replied there is no LED cover in stock at the moment and the drone needs to be sent in for repair, right?
If so, please send in at your most convenience. We will get it addressed as soon as possible.
2017-11-7
Use props
Lorenz H
New
Chile

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-7 23:53
Sorry that there is no official repair center in Canada at the moment.
So our support replied there is no LED cover in stock at the moment and the drone needs to be sent in for repair, right?
If so, please send in at your most convenience. We will get it addressed as soon as possible.

Same thing happened to us today, we removed the propeller guards with no force and 2 LED covers came off. What to do? We are in Chile at the moment but are Mallorca (Spain) based, back there on Jan 6., please let us know.
2017-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Lorenz H Posted at 2017-12-26 12:40
Same thing happened to us today, we removed the propeller guards with no force and 2 LED covers came off. What to do? We are in Chile at the moment but are Mallorca (Spain) based, back there on Jan 6., please let us know.

Lorenz, sorry to read on this, we recommend to contact our support to verify if there is LED cover in stock in facility, please obtain our support here: https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav Our support will help you out. Thank you.
2017-12-26
Use props
Asad Najeeb
lvl.1

India

Same thing just happened to me.  I was also removing the propeller gaurds,  and the Led cover just came off while twisting propeller gaurds. Please help me in this.
2019-7-20
Use props
fanseb656b92
New
South Korea

I’ve had the same issue and I am in Seoul South Korea. Please let me know how to fix it. Thank you in advance
2020-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fanseb656b92 Posted at 10-12 00:24
I’ve had the same issue and I am in Seoul South Korea. Please let me know how to fix it. Thank you in advance

Hi there, we don't suggest to remove the LED cover, did it come off?

* Please do not use the glue.
* Do not power on the aircraft during this process.
2020-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules