12Next >
2704 66 2017-10-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

This post is referring to case #: CAS-1067648-J8M7N0

For almost a month now, I've felt like I've been trapped in the twilight zone. The story begins with my Inspire 2 and X5S camera (that I've owned for about four months) showing some artifacts on the screen (and on the recorded footage and stills). I did a little research and turns out I wasn't the only one with this issue. It seems to be a wire going from the gimbal connection to the drone, which was simple enough, but I didn't want to attempt the repair myself given that the Inspire 2 was still under warranty. I figured I'd ship it to DJI and have them fix it and it would be good as new and up in the air in a week, maybe two if I was unlucky. BOY was I wrong. It has now been a month and I have been cursing under my breath anytime anyone asks if I've gotten some great footage of the foliage in my area, knowing I can't because my drone is STILL broken and my parts are still missing. Here's a quick breakdown of what happened:

1. Sent the drone in for repair after getting a repair request approved. It shipped to DJI in its original black case with the body, X5S, and remote inside. THis was all documented in the shipping label and confirmed upon receipt from DJI.

2. Got the info from DJI as to what the problem was. Sure enough it was the wire and the $40 it cost to repair was waived via my warranty.

3. Was delighted to hear my drone was "fixed" and on its way back home.

4. Worked form home for the day to await the arrival of the drone. Signed for it and eagerly brought it inside to inspect what I was hoping was my fixed drone. Opened it up and....my heart drops. Only my drone lies in the case. Remote and camera are MISSING. Double check documents, emails, checked in with UPS's tracking to see if any other packages were still in transit....nope.

5. Very annoyed at this point I contact DJI over chat. I got disconnected twice before I finished a conversation with someone who assured me they would be looking into this.

6. Didn't get so much as an email or case number in the following days. As I'm watching the beautiful leaves fall from the trees around me, losing thier vibrant red and yellow leaves, I get really annoyed. I choose to call DJI. BIG mistake. I get transferred to a call center with thick accents and try to explain to them I don't have a case number but I spoke with whats-his-name in chat and he assured me he would be taking care of the problem. Still no case number, had to start over via the phone. Day count wasted = 3

7. Finally get a case number but STILL no email and my case doesn't exist on my DJI profile. Had to write it down and used a yellow sticky to reference it every call since then since it seems to only exist here on my desk on this sticky note and in DJI's magical land of make believe customer service that's been outsourced to a different planet.

8. I call three more times in the course of the next few days, and finally seem to get some traction. My case has some progress and they're waiting on a request to be approved. Two more days pass and nothing, Days wasted =5

9. I call again, demand to speak to a manager. Was hung up on during hold. Called again, was told no manager was available. I told them I'd wait. 30 mins on hold and the line goes dead again. Third time is a charm three hours later and I get to speak to a "manager". I explain that All I want is my stuff back, I have the serial numbers, it should be in inventory unless it was stolen, in which case it should be replaced. I have shoots coming up and I'm missing one of the most beautiful seasons in New England to capture from a drones-eye view. He says he understands, is sorry etc. and I spend 40 minutes on the phone until he says he'll put in a request for my stuff and have it overnighted if possible.

10. A day later, EURKEA I think! I was wrong. The package shows up but its someone elses camera (with sticky stuff all over the lens) and a remote thats clearly "refurbished". Neither are mine, which is the point. I tell myself I'll deal with getting my personal serial numbers back later, I just want to get this thing ready for the shoot and for some foliage hunting. Guess what: STILL BROKEN. SAME PROBLEM. Days wasted just jumped up to 16+.

11. Get back on the phone with another "manager". He says he "can't guarantee anything, but he'll try to get me some new equipment to use". How can I not be guaranteed anything? I guaranteed DJI that I would have $6,000 in my bank when they took my money in exchange for their product, correct? Anyways, he says he'll call me back the next day with news on the not guaranteed axceptable result to this nightmare. Nothing. For three days. Days wasted: 20.

12. I get on the forums and message three different admins and post to a thread with someone questioning how long it'll take to get their stuff back. No responses form anyone for like 4 or 5 days. Finally get a response, and it's telling me that someone else is "looking into this". Meanwhile I'm "looking" out the window at my bald maple tree, crying in a corner in the fetile position. Days wasted = 25. Frustration level = 11 out of 10.

13. Get an email from someone asking me what happened. ASKING ME WHAT HAPPENED. After 12+ hours on the phone collectively, four chat logs, DJI forum posts, etc etc., DJI still has no idea what's going on, where my stuff is, or even what my original problem is. I explain, and they kindly respond by telling me that I already singed for the equipment and that I should be all set.

14. I have to explain, again, what happened to this guy, and I still haven't heard back. It is now a month of me sitting here with a STILL broken drone, and a X5S and remote that aren't mine and are in much worse shape than the mint condition stuff I sent in. (Also the serial number sticker on the body of the drone looks as though it was visibly peeled off and replaced on a different drone, leading me to beleive that my mint condition drone body was swapped out for something else they had in inventory that they needed to get rid of.

In conclusion, this ordeal has been nothing short of absurd. It is unacceptable treatment of a loyal DJI customer (I own the Inspire 1 as well) and the mishandling of my likely lost equipment is ridiuclous. Why can't they just send a brand new drone for the trouble and money lost (I couldn't do that shoot and all the leaves are now gone)? What is so hard about making a siutation right and who do they have handling equpiment returns that can't even double check serial numbers? I don't know what else to do at this point, but I'm warning all of you, when sending things in for repair, DOCUMENT EVERYTHING like I did or its likely you'll get shipped back an empty box and will chase your tail for a month with no defense to your situation.

This nighmare customer service loop of passing hands and goldfish memories is on repeat until further notice. S.O.S.
2017-10-30
Use props
Mr.Mister
lvl.3
Flight distance : 862854 ft
United States

Ouch. Sorry for all that you are going through.  Unfortunately if you look through this (or any other forum), the customer service issues that you are experiencing are more than common - they appear to be standard.  DJI makes an incredible piece of hardware, but from all accounts, they truly suck when it comes to Customer Service.  I suspect you post here will get the attention you need - at least I hope that's the case.  Good luck!
2017-10-30
Use props
skypal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 560256 ft
United States

I wonder how much longer does it take that this company gets another class action lawsuit. They all ready got one about the firmware:

https://www.dataprivacyandsecuri ... er-firmware-update/
2017-10-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sir, we sincerely apologize for the whole unfortunate experience with repair process and customer service. I fully understand your frustration. We care much about your feedback and will help you out as soon as possible.
Thanks for your time to post  the whole process, I have transferred it to our supervisor, but due to time difference, they will need some time to get you an update, appreciate your understanding.
Hope the problem will get sorted out soon and we will keep improving our customer service to make you have a better experience.

2017-10-30
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-10-30 19:09
Sir, we sincerely apologize for the whole unfortunate experience with repair process and customer service. I fully understand your frustration. We care much about your feedback and will help you out as soon as possible.
Thanks for your time to post  the whole process, I have transferred it to our supervisor, but due to time difference, they will need some time to get you an update, appreciate your understanding.
Hope the problem will get sorted out soon and we will keep improving our customer service to make you have a better experience.

Thank you, I have been contacted finally and sent a return label. Hopefully I can send it back with the problem fixed and my equipment in hand instead of someone elses.
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

In-Flight Studi Posted at 2017-10-31 12:47
Thank you, I have been contacted finally and sent a return label. Hopefully I can send it back with the problem fixed and my equipment in hand instead of someone elses.

We apologize again for the unpleasant experience with us.
We will try our best to get it sorted out as soon as possible.
If you need any assistance during the repair process, please keep me updated.
2017-11-1
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

Thank you Mindy.

UPDATE: Things seem to be going much smoother now. I was told to send in the drone next day air and they would get me my stuff back via next day air as well. Hopefully when I receive the Inspire 2 back it is fixed and includes the my old equipment and if not, new equipment! Fingers crossed.
2017-11-3
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE: Sorry, as I've been away for a bit and unable to upload. I am extremely disappointed as the drone came back with the same incorrect camera, camera case, and a different remote controller YET AGAIN. It's not been multiple months of this back and forth and the drone is also STILL BROKEN. Nothing had changed from the last time I sent it in. All they did was give me a different remote, but gave me back the same camera that's not mine, and a still broken drone that has artifacts on all the still images and videos it takes, making my footage unusable. It's like all they did was receive the drone, throw a different controller in, box it up and send it back. This is absurd, and I will be pursuing legal action shortly if I don't receive a new drone or get all of my money back. I have missed multiple shoots and have encountered endless frustration with this. I can't believe the DJI support is this bad, its grounds for a class action lawsuit.
2017-11-25
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

Question: Has anyone else experienced anything remotely like this?? Or is it just me and my bad luck?
2017-11-25
Use props
Wolfman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 405659 ft
Australia

In-Flight Studi Posted at 2017-11-25 18:10
Question: Has anyone else experienced anything remotely like this?? Or is it just me and my bad luck?

In Flight....hang in there.

You are not alone! Have been through similar scenarios twice of the past few years. Sadly DJI is a great bit of kit until it goes pear shaped and then it is on the verge of being in the twilight zone having to deal with them for repairs ESPECIALLY when it is not due to pilot error.

I had to go down consumer affairs avenue last time which produced a positive outcome for me. You just have to keep banging your head against a brick wall and eventually it gets sorted out. Makes it hard though when you need the gear for business.

Rant over, wish you all the best in finding someone at DJI that will address the vortex of stupidity that you are stuck in.

Regards Wolf
2017-11-26
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Wolfman, I sincerely appreciate the response. It astounds me that they would pay for next day air to and from and not even ensure that the product is working when they send it back. Not only is it wrong for me to have to put up with, but it’s costing hem money at this point too! Suing them would be the next point of action if I can’t get this resolved through customer service, but I’d like to try to do everything I can before I do that. However, so far I’ve made most of the efforts I can make to resolve this, so we’ll see where this has to go
2017-11-26
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

Waiting on a response from DJI to see what I should do....still haven’t experienced anything like this with any other company
2017-11-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

In-Flight Studi Posted at 2017-11-27 17:33
Waiting on a response from DJI to see what I should do....still haven’t experienced anything like this with any other company

Sir, we sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience with our repair center. Sorry to know the problem persists, in the previous case, the RC and gimbal have been both replaced with brand-new one.
For the aircraft, we have escalated your issue to local team again for attention, the team will follow up and contact you soon, sorry again for the trouble caused.
2017-11-28
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

Hi mindy, thanks you. It wasn’t a brand new gimbal though. The remote seemed to be new from all the plastic that was on it, but the same incorrect gimbal was returned to me in the same scratched and beaten up case. I would like either my original camera/gimbal or a new one back, as well as to have the issue with the drone fixed.
2017-11-28
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

UPDATE: I received a phone call from Tom in the DJI repair center. They assured me yet again that the issue would be solved. I want to make it very clear here on the forum that the camera that has been conditionally sent back to me is not my camera. It has a different serial number than my original camera, which I'm sure is lost by now. The camera serial number that I keep getting sent back is 0ABDEA160B0807. My serial number for my camera is 0ABDEE03030456. I either want my original camera sent back to me, or I want an entirely new camera, in original new packaging, unopened, sealed, and with the cardstock/cardboard sleeve wrapped around it, just as I would receive it if I had ordered it new from DJI or B&H or amazon, etc. Please ensure this happens, or it will result in sending things back for a fourth time and will also result in even more wasted time.
2017-12-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

In-Flight Studi Posted at 2017-12-6 16:56
UPDATE: I received a phone call from Tom in the DJI repair center. They assured me yet again that the issue would be solved. I want to make it very clear here on the forum that the camera that has been conditionally sent back to me is not my camera. It has a different serial number than my original camera, which I'm sure is lost by now. The camera serial number that I keep getting sent back is 0ABDEA160B0807. My serial number for my camera is 0ABDEE03030456. I either want my original camera sent back to me, or I want an entirely new camera, in original new packaging, unopened, sealed, and with the cardstock/cardboard sleeve wrapped around it, just as I would receive it if I had ordered it new from DJI or B&H or amazon, etc. Please ensure this happens, or it will result in sending things back for a fourth time and will also result in even more wasted time.

Hi, Sir, your request has been transferred to local team for attention.
Please send in the drone and gimbal as soon as possible, we will take care of it.
2017-12-6
Use props
fans4e0c935b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16644 ft
United Kingdom

Well???
How did you get on?
Did you take out care refresh?
2017-12-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans4e0c935b Posted at 2017-12-9 13:29
Well???
How did you get on?
Did you take out care refresh?

Hello Sir, is there anything I can help you?
2017-12-10
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

Still waiting on the drone to come back, but I got an email notification that it has been “fixed” and I’m getting what looks to be a new camera and remote as well. Let’s hope when I get it everything is working properly.
2017-12-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

In-Flight Studi Posted at 2017-12-17 20:01
Still waiting on the drone to come back, but I got an email notification that it has been “fixed” and I’m getting what looks to be a new camera and remote as well. Let’s hope when I get it everything is working properly.

Sir, the package has been shipped out on 16, Dec, hope you will receive it soon.
Please let me know if there is further problem. Thank you.
2017-12-18
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

Hi Mindy, I received the package, but again, it is still broken. The images are still corrupt by excessive noise and lines that look similar to a moire problem. It is ridiculous how many times I’ve sent it back just to have it returned a week or two later still broken. I want a full refund of my product, or a new drone shipped to me ASAP. I will not tolerate this sending back and forth any longer. Please advise whoever is responsible for this type of thing of this. We will be contacting B&H photo, who we originally purchased the drone from, with formal complaints about this issue should this not get resolved properly and swiftly. All we want is a new product that works and won’t hold us up for what is now almost four months.
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

In-Flight Studi Posted at 2018-1-3 11:10
Hi Mindy, I received the package, but again, it is still broken. The images are still corrupt by excessive noise and lines that look similar to a moire problem. It is ridiculous how many times I’ve sent it back just to have it returned a week or two later still broken. I want a full refund of my product, or a new drone shipped to me ASAP. I will not tolerate this sending back and forth any longer. Please advise whoever is responsible for this type of thing of this. We will be contacting B&H photo, who we originally purchased the drone from, with formal complaints about this issue should this not get resolved properly and swiftly. All we want is a new product that works and won’t hold us up for what is now almost four months.

Sir, did you record a video? Please provide us a video about this situation. Any error message in the app? Thanks for your support.
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_P59JmA6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 696247 ft
United States

They are doing this same thing to me right now. I have waited for their impostersto call me for a week. Meanwhile they caught some call center workers posing as supervisors and higher ups. Still no resolution and still no compensation for the crimes committed against me over the phone. All I get is more lies. I am filing a massive law suit against DJI. They continue to keep lying to me on a daily basis.  Sue them now.
2018-1-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_P59JmA6 Posted at 2018-1-4 18:13
They are doing this same thing to me right now. I have waited for their impostersto call me for a week. Meanwhile they caught some call center workers posing as supervisors and higher ups. Still no resolution and still no compensation for the crimes committed against me over the phone. All I get is more lies. I am filing a massive law suit against DJI. They continue to keep lying to me on a daily basis.  Sue them now.

Hello Sir, we have replied your own thread and we would like more info about the issue to see if there is anything we can do for you, please keep us updated in your own thread, thank you.
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_P59JmA6
lvl.3
United States

They a re trying to snoop and see if you are wealthy or poor. Why else would they want to see a video? Doesn't that tip you off that something seedy is going on here? Hmmmmmm. Go talk to any lawyer. They will be glad you did. :=p
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_P59JmA6
lvl.3
United States

Bet they are lying as usual. They haven't sent anything.Mine was on the second final approval. All lies. Even dji admitted it was all lies. Sue these idiots.
2018-1-4
Use props
djiuser_P59JmA6
lvl.3
United States

Yup. They got my drone. I have ups confirmation of this and now they refuse all communication. They didn't refuse communication from my state attorney today though. Ahahahahaahah
2018-1-9
Use props
djiuser_P59JmA6
lvl.3
United States

Call a lawyer man. They have literally thousands of pending suits right this minute. Assk for $200.000
2018-1-9
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

Mindy or Elektra, how can I upload video to this forum? It is the same issue that I’ve already sent multiple photos in of. Why can’t I just get new equipment, especially if I’m still under warranty?

Djiuser_P59Jm; it’s starting to look like this is my option...
2018-1-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

In-Flight Studi Posted at 2018-1-10 19:33
Mindy or Elektra, how can I upload video to this forum? It is the same issue that I’ve already sent multiple photos in of. Why can’t I just get new equipment, especially if I’m still under warranty?

Djiuser_P59Jm; it’s starting to look like this is my option...

Please upload the video to Youtube or dropbox and post the link here. We need the video for further analysis. Thanks for your support and understanding.
2018-1-10
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

Sorry for the delayed response, I was in Colorado snowboarding. It sure would've been nice to have a working drone out there to film with..... Here is the link to the youtube video showing the error.

2018-1-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

In-Flight Studi Posted at 2018-1-22 13:11
Sorry for the delayed response, I was in Colorado snowboarding. It sure would've been nice to have a working drone out there to film with..... Here is the link to the youtube video showing the error.

https://youtu.be/SllieTWKDPA

Sir, we need the original footage for further analysis, could you please upload to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link to us then we can download? Appreciate your assistance.
2018-1-22
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

What do you mean original footage? This is the original footage I took after I most recently got my drone back from you.
2018-1-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

In-Flight Studi Posted at 2018-1-23 09:10
What do you mean original footage? This is the original footage I took after I most recently got my drone back from you.

When you upload the footage to YouTube, the resolution will be compressed and we cannot download it for analysis, we would much appreciated if you could upload to Dropbox or Google Driver, thanks for your cooperation.
2018-1-23
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

This is absolutely ridiculous. I was told to upload to either YouTube or Dropbox, what difference does it make if you can download it or not? You can clearly see where the image is messed up in the dark spots, etc..  I’m really sick and tired of this getting delayed and it seems like you guys are just trying to postpone this replacement. I’m only uploading this video to show that the drone is STILL broken, and I’m requesting a refund of my money or a FULL replacement of the drone, camera, and remote, period. I will not send it back for further analysis, I’m telling you I want my money back.
2018-1-24
Use props
In-Flight Studi
lvl.2
United States

Or a full replacement. It has gotten to the point where I’ve been out of this equipment for three months now, and it’s taking a toll on my business. I need a new replacement, shipped by B&H, because I don’t trust you guys to send me something new as I’ve asked multiple times and received the wrong items multiple times.
2018-1-24
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

In-Flight Studi Posted at 2018-1-24 05:06
Or a full replacement. It has gotten to the point where I’ve been out of this equipment for three months now, and it’s taking a toll on my business. I need a new replacement, shipped by B&H, because I don’t trust you guys to send me something new as I’ve asked multiple times and received the wrong items multiple times.

Really sorry for the trouble it brings. Please follow Mindy's advice and upload the original video, we will forward it to our engineer and deal with it once we get the video. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
2018-1-25
Use props
In-Flight Studios
lvl.2
United States

Attached is the first photo I noticed with the artifacts. This is the earliest known picture with the issue.
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

In-Flight Studios Posted at 2018-3-15 14:19
Attached is the first photo I noticed with the artifacts. This is the earliest known picture with the issue.[view_image]

Thanks for getting back to us, since you didn't provide us the original footage or pictures for analysis, we are unable to help you out remotely, I have escalated your request and frustration again to local team, we will have someone to contact you about the next resolution, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-3-15
Use props
In-Flight Studios
lvl.2
United States

I did provide pictures, there’s one posted above
2018-3-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules