Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help ....
2031 4 2017-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigga J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

I am confused.

I down loaded the latest version of DJI GO4 app on my phone and tablet .... the phone is a Sony Xperia XZ Premium, the tablet a Sony Xperia Z3, In all honesty I use the Z3 mostly due to it's size but will eventually be replacing this with a pair of goggles.

Once I had done the update I tried then to connect it to the Mavic TX (controller) with the Mavic Pro, controller and Z3 all switched on all I kept getting was the 'disconnected' sign on the Z3. No matter how many times and different ways I tried to switch each compnonet on it just would not connect.

All previous updates on the GO4 app have connected no problem and then once connected it has promted me to update the software on the Mavic etc which it has always done without any problems.

I then decide to plug the TX and drone into the my laptop to update all firmware blah blah via the DJI Assistant 2 .... could I get any of them to connect? NO! ... I have tried uninstalling the assistant, re-installing it but when I connect the drone, the TX or both, the assistant does not recognise them by showing the connected devices icon! ... it shows nothing other than the sign to say connect your device.

The drone flies perfectly using the TX but obviously I cannot record any of the action due to the above.

In the end I gave up and went to bed. I will try again tonight via my other laptop.

HELP.

Additionally, the 'flight distance' in my avatar, what is it measuring in? I guess metres .... if so I have flown way over 455 metres.
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

So now you can neither connect the drone and RC to the PC nor RC connect to your mobile device, right? Since you mentioned the drone can fly with the RC with no problem, I want to know if you had tried changing the connecting cable, connecting port, reinstall the app, if they won't help, please try to connect it to the mobile device which is on the support list, please help to test if it is the USB port's issue or compatible issue. For connectin to DJI Assistant 2, if you can't connect the drone or RC or both to it, you might need to change another cable or try another PC since you had reinstalled it already.
Looking forward to your test tonight.
And yes, the parameter of the flight distance is "meter".
2017-10-31
Use props
Bekaru Tree
Captain
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

Hi biggaj. I have just got through some problems with my z3. Always worked perfectly till yesterday. For me the after reloading the app it would not open. I tried many times and then today i discovered dji files in my devise cache after the app was uninstalled -  i deleted these and i also removed my sd card (just in case) - then i reloaded the app for about 11th time and the app has loaded successfully and opens properly. I have not tried it to fly yet but i feel confident that the problem is resolved.
2017-10-31
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Many thanks Bekaru and DJI Thor.

I am now using the Laptop I used when I bought the MP and have tried getting the DJI Assistant 2 to connect to the Mavic controller and drone and it will not show a connection. The USB lead I am using is the one that came with the drone when I bought it. The drone, TX, USB cable etc. are all less than 4 months old ....

These things should be reliable and this is where I start getting totally despondent, technology should just work like it does in modern cars, get in,press a button and hey presto it all works seamlessly.
2017-10-31
Use props
Bigga J
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Well well, you would not believe it .... I was just about to give up, I tried once more to connect the drone/TX to the DJI Assistant 2 and nothing was happening so I thought I would give it one last go at connecting via my Z3 and  it works!!!!

So now as I type the drone/TX are being updated to the latest firmware.

I have to admit to not understanding it at all but it appears to be working!

Thanks all who offered advice
2017-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules