Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Spark Firmware Released (31/10/2017)
39635 228 2017-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Spark_Zee
lvl.1
Singapore

JJBspark Posted at 2017-11-1 06:43
Hi All,

I did the update .701 on my AC, went really smoothly but did not had to update the battery.

Hi, I have the same situation as yours except that I'm from Malaysia. I got the spark combo and just received on 1st Nov. Everything went smoothly on the update until I manually picked channel 2 to change it to 2.4Ghz in the DJI GO 4 WIFI setting page.
As I'm a new user to DJI products, at first I thought something had gone wrong with the RC because the RC can still connect with the AC but not my Galaxy Note 4. I mean the SSID of the RC wifi just disappear whenever the AC is on and connected to RC. So, I tried to reset the AC and RC, but strangely enoughly, they seemed to bind forever. Then only I figred out that OTG cable might get my phone connected to the RC again. but as mentioned by you, the WIFI icon changed to HD and not showing whether it is connect in 2.4 or 5.8 GHz and no other buttons to manually change back to 5.8GHz.
Anyone who knows the trick, please help.
2017-11-2
Use props
fansdc6034b3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 68527 ft
United States

Dear DJI,

I having the problem with missing Sphere mode pano, please help.
I have updated initially without using DJI Assistant 2, only Dynamic Home Point appeared, second try with DJI Assistant 2 but again Sphere Pano still missing.  I tried downgrade to previous version, restart Spark and re-upgrade to new firmware again, still no "Sphere Pano", can you please advise how to go about?

I have the following:
App 4.1.12
Aircraft 01.00.0701
Remote 01.00.0400
Flight 01.00.01.07
Basic 01.00.01.05
Precise 01.00.01.07

Thank you in advance.
2017-11-2
Use props
Bright_Sparks
lvl.1
United States

fansdc6034b3 Posted at 2017-11-2 22:21
Dear DJI,

When i checked my App Store (iOS), it reported DJI Go 4 version as 4.1.15 and there is no prompt for Update, when i click the Open in the App Store, my DJI Go 4 opened up, but app version still remained as 4.1.12, can someone please help advise what to do next to update the App to 4.1.15 and get Sphere Pano?

Thank you
2017-11-2
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Dear DJI,

Please respond to #117 and #161, thanks in advance.

2017-11-3
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi all,

Apparantly most of the Android phones sold in Europe doesn`t connect to the 5.8 GHz channels used by the DJI Go app.

Wich Android phone do connect ? (is the android support list by DJI correct ? Any user experience with other phones wich connects to the DJI app ?)

cheers, Hans
2017-11-3
Use props
Bright_Sparks
lvl.1
United States

Bright_Sparks Posted at 2017-11-2 22:43
When i checked my App Store (iOS), it reported DJI Go 4 version as 4.1.15 and there is no prompt for Update, when i click the Open in the App Store, my DJI Go 4 opened up, but app version still remained as 4.1.12, can someone please help advise what to do next to update the App to 4.1.15 and get Sphere Pano?

Thank you

Dear DJI,

i read the solution in thread #112 above, on dealing with DJI Go 4 app not updating to version 4.1.15
I followed his instruction below,
"To update to the latest DJI GO 4 app (V4.1.15) you need to offload (uninstall) your present DJI GO 4 app. For IOS 11, go to settings, genetral, iphone storage , then offload the DJI GO 4 app (your data will not be erased). Reinstall (it will now install V4.1.15) "

Reloading App take forever, will try again later to see whether problem can be resolve.

Do you have a better way to deal with this App updating problem?

2017-11-3
Use props
ArnoSpark
First Officer
Kenya

Update that may help some other people out there
I managed with the update after some issues here is how i did it
I downloaded the DJi assistant 2 for pc from here
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... sistant+2+1.1.0.exe
i connected my spark to the computer and that was it it did all the update very fast and so easy
I also managed to update my Android Version of DJI GO 4 app to P4 4.1.15 download it from my phone and installed it use the
https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dj ... droid-apk-download/

Tested everything after update and all is good
I only Have one issue but its not with the update yet i thought the update might sort it out
I Had recently ordered an extra battery from Amazon but unfortunately every time i try to fly it gives error 130 and never fly, with my other 2 batteries all is ok and same thing after update so the update didn't help to sort this issue yet Amazon is sending a replacement lets hope it will work well
2017-11-3
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

fansdc6034b3 Posted at 2017-11-2 22:21
Dear DJI,

All you still need to do is to update your App to the latest version, then you'll also have the spherical pano available.
2017-11-3
Use props
Zbig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7349 ft
Poland

JJBspark Posted at 2017-11-3 00:25
Hi all,

Apparantly most of the Android phones sold in Europe doesn`t connect to the 5.8 GHz channels used by the DJI Go app.

I don't really believe the whole "most of the phones" thing. What you'll see here are the reports from the vocal minority that's got problems. What you won't see much of here (or any other forum, for that matter) is people rushing in just to say their phone works just fine. For what it's worth, my Sony Xperia XZ works just fine with Spark's RC on 5 GHz. Or I just got extremely lucky? Who knows? Or perhaps the channel availability (from the legal standpoint) varies that widely throughout the Europe?
2017-11-3
Use props
Locationscout_B
Captain
Flight distance : 62201 ft
Germany

JJBspark Posted at 2017-11-3 00:25
Hi all,

Hi Hans,

looks like that my Huawei ascend or p7 (now €140) can provide both wlan 2.4 and 5. But what channels I dont know. Indoor (without OTG) I had some interruptions, I think because it has not all the 5 Ghz channels...
With 701 and 4.14 and OTG outdoor, I see that it switches from 2.4 and 5.8 between RC and AC, but there was zero interruptions, wow :-)
I am using the spark very much indoor, so I am courious what changes in firmware mean for that.
2017-11-3
Use props
Martin Lines
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19147 ft
United Kingdom

Zbig Posted at 2017-11-3 02:17
I don't really believe the whole "most of the phones" thing. What you'll see here are the reports from the vocal minority that's got problems. What you won't see much of here (or any other forum, for that matter) is people rushing in just to say their phone works just fine. For what it's worth, my Sony Xperia XZ works just fine with Spark's RC on 5 GHz. Or I just got extremely lucky? Who knows? Or perhaps the channel availability (from the legal standpoint) varies that widely throughout the Europe?

Nexus 6p is fine
Acer Iconia is fine
2017-11-3
Use props
fans88a891a9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8274 ft
Mexico

Martin Lines Posted at 2017-11-3 14:12
Nexus 6p is fine
Acer Iconia is fine

J7 2016 works, offline maps , firmware update,OTG cable.
2017-11-3
Use props
fans921fdde1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237710 ft
Italy

Estrazione di 2 premi.
Buongiorno
abbiamo pensato visto le festività
animation.gif
IMG_20170926_191701.jpg
2017-11-4
Use props
fans921fdde1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 237710 ft
Italy

Estrazione di 2 premi.
Buongiorno
abbiamo pensato visto le festività
IMG_20170926_191701.jpg
2017-11-4
Use props
LocutusDM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84701 ft
Croatia

What the hell are you doing DJI!
Yesterday I upgrade my Spark on new firmware 0007 and today morning it goes crazy!
I almost crush it because of some Ultrasonic System Error. What is that??? And how did you miss that!?

After error drone just started to land it self with adding speed nearly to the ground, insted of slowing down. On 1.4-2 meters it just bounced of the ground and then stoped.
What the hell!!! Are you crazy! If that was anywhere near the peaple someone coud get hurt!

I demand explanation!

Ultrasonic Error

Ultrasonic Error
2017-11-4
Use props
Zbig
Second Officer
Poland

LocutusDM Posted at 2017-11-4 00:57
Yesterday I upgrade my Spark on new firmware 0007 and today morning it goes crazy!
I almost crush it because of some Ultrasonic System Error. What is that??? And how did you miss that!?

Classy...
PRO TIP: if you want someone's help and attention, try not yelling and insulting them. It's always the most productive and a good style to describe your problem in a calm and civil way. You know, like a grown-up, sane person. Now it looks like there is, indeed, someone crazy involved and it's not DJI.

Things do malfunction sometimes, especially ones this complex. You should keep in mind that your drone, like any advanced electromechanical device, could fail mid-flight and it's your responsibility to avert the risk by not flying over people/vehicles, etc. The problem you have experienced could or could not be related to the recent update. One thing is for sure: if that were me being insulted and yelled at, I wouldn't like to have anything to do with you and would do anything to end my exchange with you as soon as possible.

You have no right to yell at, call crazy or "demand explanation" from anyone, just because you've bought an expensive gadget.
2017-11-4
Use props
LocutusDM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84701 ft
Croatia

My apologies to all community who read my previous post. I was a little too emotional about it. I am so sorry.
2017-11-4
Use props
Zbig
Second Officer
Poland

What I find a bit weird is, Spark doesn't have an ultrasonic sensor - Mavic does. Perhaps they're using it as a generalized - although factually incorrect - term for the downwards facing infrared rangefinder. That would suggest Spark shares a significant code base with Mavic (which would be a reasonable way to go, I guess). That would explain Spark's inability to judge its proximity to the ground accurately. Barometer is good for measuring the change of altitude reliably, not so much for measuring how high the aircraft is above the ground. Have you checked whether the two circular windows on the Spark's belly are clean and not scratched? Is there any change they got fogged up (like by a sudden change in temperature) when this happened? Or maybe you were flying over some atypical surface, like highly reflective?
2017-11-4
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Thanks for replying on my #165 problem.

Not sure if i was 100% clear in explaning my problem. When i am connected to the RC on my phone i see the 5.8 icon wich means my phone i connected to the RC on the 2.4 band.
When i switch manually in the Go app to 2.4 band i loose the connection to my phone. Searching for the RC wifi signal and no signal to find. (because my phone doesn`t see the upper 5.8 channels)

I did a flight yesterday (no OTG) and saw the wifi icon in the app switching form 5.8 to 2.4 and few times v.v. during that flight. Now i am completely lost in this behaviour, i mean i understand that switching but don`t understand that my phone keeps that connection, why not when i switch manually to 2.4 ??

cheers Hans

2017-11-4
Use props
fans493fe713
New
Flight distance : 7992 ft
United Kingdom

Well my update did not complete, now I have nothing more than a very expensive door stop. I can not restart the update, there is no option to in the app. I press and hold the power button for 3 seconds and wait for the beeps, NOTHING!! I also try the press for 9 seconds and wait for the series of beeps, again NOTHING!! The Spark is less than a month old!! I am not happy DJi
2017-11-4
Use props
djiuser_DCEaaHq
New
Philippines

Hello,i have updated my spark to the new firmware but still i dont have a 360 panorama..help pls
2017-11-4
Use props
djiuser_DCEaaHq
New
Philippines

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-10-31 09:13
Just updated, can't find the 360 pano?

Me to,just got updated but still dnt have sphere pano
2017-11-4
Use props
djiuser_DCEaaHq
New
Philippines

Oracle Miata Posted at 2017-10-31 09:13
Just updated, can't find the 360 pano?

Me to,just got updated but still dnt have sphere pano
2017-11-4
Use props
GST5017
lvl.1
Malaysia

after update my version still V 4.1.10 NOTE 8? where to update DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.1.14
2017-11-4
Use props
GST5017
lvl.1
Malaysia

GST5017 Posted at 2017-11-4 20:48
after update my version still V 4.1.10 NOTE 8? where to update DJI GO 4 App Android: V 4.1.14

Updated to v 701, sphere mode is missing...
2017-11-4
Use props
fans88a891a9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8274 ft
Mexico

S8 working sphere working otg working, but the sphere picture looks like pano in my phone pics album, any advice?
2017-11-4
Use props
Lian82
Second Officer
Flight distance : 796775 ft
Italy

Hi I would like a tip / help

a friend has upgraded the drone, 99% locked himself, after 5 minutes RC disconect error came out.
and now the drone does not communicate more with RC or with DJI Assistant or Phone,

Now he turns on the drone and starts blinking as if in the update.

tips?
2017-11-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

GST5017 Posted at 2017-11-4 21:09
Updated to v 701, sphere mode is missing...

It is not missing, you need the latest version of the App to be able to see and use it.
2017-11-5
Use props
Icaro2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50187 ft
United Kingdom

Range of video transmission: HORRIBLE!!! 100mt
2017-11-5
Use props
Connor-UK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202549 ft
United Kingdom

I had a major and first issue today with the Spark latest firmware and DJI Go, basically was flying for about 5 mins then it crashed just showing the camera and no controls on the screen at all, I then reset phone etc and it still did the same just showing the camera, no overlaid controls or other details.

I was wondering can you actually fly manually without a phone in this case, using just the Remote Control, and if so does RTH still work and does the Drone still use Satellites?
2017-11-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Connor-UK Posted at 2017-11-5 06:29
I had a major and first issue today with the Spark latest firmware and DJI Go, basically was flying for about 5 mins then it crashed just showing the camera and no controls on the screen at all, I then reset phone etc and it still did the same just showing the camera, no overlaid controls or other details.

I was wondering can you actually fly manually without a phone in this case, using just the Remote Control, and if so does RTH still work and does the Drone still use Satellites?

In my opinion yes. Just just won't have the visual data. But if the connection between Spark and RC is stable it should react to all commands. And if GPS link is stable, RTH should also work normally with the button on the RC. Your case is a good example why one should always fly in the line of sight.
2017-11-5
Use props
Bright_Sparks
lvl.1
United States

Bright_Sparks Posted at 2017-11-3 00:43
Dear DJI,

i read the solution in thread #112 above, on dealing with DJI Go 4 app not updating to version 4.1.15

it worked, problems (Sphere Pano and stucked DJI Go 4 app version) resolved with App updated to 4.1.15.

2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JB Droner Posted at 2017-11-1 05:16
Update to the latest version was all seamless and smooth. But upon checking the battery details, serial numbers are all zero. It all happens to my two batteries. This can be a bug but is this something I need to worry about? Well the drone flies well and has no error but any bug can  potentially cause a problem. Please advise. Thanks.

Do not worry, the batteries can be used normally. There will be error message in APP if something goes wrong.
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LocutusDM Posted at 2017-11-4 00:57

I‘m sorry for the unpleasant experience. It's lucky that the drone has not been damaged. Please kindly upload the flight records and export all data for analysis. Thanks!

2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi All,

The Sphere feature requires the DJI GO 4 APP updated to v.4.1.14 or higher. Now the latest APP has been released at a staged rollout. Please kindly wait for the update.

Also, no need to worry if there is no update message when changing the batteries. The warning message will pop up if something goes wrong.

2017-11-5
Use props
Cookster670
First Officer
Australia

I just updated and I think it's bricked now.  Anyone else have similar issues ?  I created a new thread if anyone can help (or can point me to another thread).

https://forum.dji.com/thread-118689-1-1.html
2017-11-6
Use props
djiuser_EcMYBEA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45705 ft
France

I have DJI GO 4.1.14 on ANDROID phone and update my the spark on the firmware 01.00.0701.
I have a probleme whith the custom WIFI frequency. When I m going on custom on Wifi Settings, I can't select 2.4Ghz or 5.8Ghz channel.
I don't see the different channel whith the interference (blue : current Channel, Green : Stable, Red : unstable).
I have only the empty graph and it's impossible to select a channel.

I know there are several people with the same problem on android. Do you have a solution ?
2017-11-6
Use props
Malakai_UK
Captain
Flight distance : 536115 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_EcMYBEA Posted at 2017-11-6 06:22
I have DJI GO 4.1.14 on ANDROID phone and update my the spark on the firmware 01.00.0701.
I have a probleme whith the custom WIFI frequency. When I m going on custom on Wifi Settings, I can't select 2.4Ghz or 5.8Ghz channel.
I don't see the different channel whith the interference (blue : current Channel, Green : Stable, Red : unstable).

Have you tried just selecting a wifi channel number, 1-13 for 2.4ghz? Thats what i did and its locked to that channel on 2.4ghz.
2017-11-6
Use props
Skuz69
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45705 ft
France

Malakai_UK Posted at 2017-11-6 06:36
Have you tried just selecting a wifi channel number, 1-13 for 2.4ghz? Thats what i did and its locked to that channel on 2.4ghz.

Yes I tried this, but nothing is happen.
2017-11-6
Use props
Arnor
Captain
Flight distance : 2660509 ft
South Africa

Just updated. All went smooth as silk! Great work :-)
2017-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules