Stability problem
12Next >
5200 52 2017-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wilen
lvl.1

Sweden

Hi. I wonder if anyone is satisfied with the stability of their I2?
I have owned many drones and have been happy with them. But I can´t get the I2 to hover without dancing around.
I also find it hard to fly in a straight line without drifting.
Very dissapointing. My Phantom 3 is more sablein the air.
I have heard that many users experienced the same.
What are your thougts on this?
(I have done all calibrations and firmware updates)

2017-10-31
Use props
Wilen
lvl.1

Sweden

Not stable in air
2017-10-31
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

When it is sat at rest, looking directly from the front or back,  do the props line up from left to right? Is there any play in the motor housings?

I assume you have done an IMU calibration and compass cal, in that order?

Mark G.
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Please follow Mark's advice and do the calibration before flight. If the problem still exists, please shoot a video about the situation. Thanks a lot.
2017-10-31
Use props
Wilen
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-31 19:01
Please follow Mark's advice and do the calibration before flight. If the problem still exists, please shoot a video about the situation. Thanks a lot.

Ok will do that! Thanks for a reply! My friend have the exact same problem. Starting to loose faith in the drone. Thats why I wonder if there is anyone that have a stable drone that doesent dance around.
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Wilen Posted at 2017-11-1 01:09
Ok will do that! Thanks for a reply! My friend have the exact same problem. Starting to loose faith in the drone. Thats why I wonder if there is anyone that have a stable drone that doesent dance around.

Also, please fly in place without interference and stay away high voltage line, factories when you test your inspire.
2017-11-1
Use props
Wilen
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-1 01:26
Also, please fly in place without interference and stay away high voltage line, factories when you test your inspire.

Ok. I have been flying drones for about five years. Not a beginner. ;-)
2017-11-1
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Mine dances too.  It even hovered sitting at 45 degrees and no wind.  I was talking to some contractor at the time and it sort of freaked me out when I looked up at it and saw it sitting and hovering sideways, but it looked okay on the screen so the gimbal camera was working right with the horizon.

I suspect some instability is coming from the same firmware programming issues that currently haunt the P4 series.  I have that one too and it stutter dances around as well, but I prefer to crash it than the I2 so I've parked the I2 in the interim until they fix their firmware matters.  Camera goes limp too and loses the Active Track and then it flies off looking for the subject to lock onto.  Aside, my i2 RC will also disconnect at times which is unnerving, but a DJI retailer says it's occurring with their sales with the Cendence as well so that's another matter for them to address.  He's reported that matter to them as well.

Trust me, you are not alone with the issue.  Some haven't seen it yet as some of this stuff pops up later.  I've eaten my words with "Mine never does that!" only to come back and bite me a week later.  I thought the P4 people were nuts with the camera going limp, and mine does it 3 months later with a bad outcome with Active Track engaged.
2017-11-1
Use props
markiet1966
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1168819 ft
United Kingdom

Are you having this issue in GPS or ATTI mode?

Mark
2017-11-1
Use props
Wilen
lvl.1

Sweden

markiet1966 Posted at 2017-11-1 08:44
Are you having this issue in GPS or ATTI mode?

Mark

Gps mode. I have tryied everything. Very strange and I really want i to be fixed.
2017-11-3
Use props
Wilen
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-10-31 19:01

2017-11-3
Use props
Wilen
lvl.1

Sweden

I did a very simple test. All the clibrations was done before. No wind. Tried it on different locations and heights. The same thing everywhere. What to do?
2017-11-3
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

When the blades are rotating, do they all appear to be at the same angle (when looking from the front/back)?

Mark G.
2017-11-3
Use props
Wilen
lvl.1

Sweden

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-11-3 07:23
When the blades are rotating, do they all appear to be at the same angle (when looking from the front/back)?

Mark G.

Yes. Actually checked them today. I cant see anything wrong. Do you own a working unit?
2017-11-3
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Wilen Posted at 2017-11-3 07:40
Yes. Actually checked them today. I cant see anything wrong. Do you own a working unit?

I have the I1 but noticed a few months back that it was wandering while hovering or moving slowly, I did IMU and compass calibrations but this did not help. I had it on my  table next to my desk when I realized the starboard props were leant in slightly more than the port side props, I adjusted them and now she hovers nicely, just thought you may have had the same problem.

Mark G.
2017-11-3
Use props
Wilen
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-1 01:26

Hi. Have you seen my example video?
2017-11-4
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Just a guess:

Visual Positioning System comes into play at this height.
The Pattern of the Street (concrete) and the Playground (sand) is not good for the VPS.
DId you try that at a height where VPS is switched off?
2017-11-4
Use props
andymc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1023878 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same issue, with my I2 nowhere near as stable as my Mavic in flight or hovering.
Drifts erratically which is unnerving when trying to land in a tight spot and it moves literally a few feet from side to side.
Mavic rock solid in the same situation.
Hope it comes out in the wash with this long awaited firmware update....
Let's hope so.
2017-11-4
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Wilen Posted at 2017-11-4 07:29
Hi. Have you seen my example video?

Yes, I think it is abnormal that your drone can not fly straight. Please export the flight data through DJI Assistant 2 and upload to dropbox. Then post the link here. Thanks.
2017-11-6
Use props
Wilen
lvl.1

Sweden

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-11-6 01:38
Yes, I think it is abnormal that your drone can not fly straight. Please export the flight data through DJI Assistant 2 and upload to dropbox. Then post the link here. Thanks.

Ok. Why? How does it help me?
2017-11-28
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

andymc Posted at 2017-11-4 15:27
I have the same issue, with my I2 nowhere near as stable as my Mavic in flight or hovering.
Drifts erratically which is unnerving when trying to land in a tight spot and it moves literally a few feet from side to side.
Mavic rock solid in the same situation.

Have you tried it since the firmware update to see if it hovers better?

I wonder if the lighter weight of the Mavic helps with its stability over the much heavier I2?  Same for the smaller Spark.  Some of the FPV racers are pretty steady as well.

I2 reminds me of some fat crow trying to stay in one place, while the hummingbird holds rock steady in flight while frozen over a rose.  Fat crow can't do it.
2017-11-28
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Wilen Posted at 2017-11-28 05:41

Please ensure that you follow the advice above and try to flash your firmware and keep us updated. Thanks for your support.
2017-11-29
Use props
dan_vector
Second Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Kingdom

So that the DJI engineers can review the flight parameters and understand exactly what the drone is doing in flight. It can't be diagnosed by the video alone.

Did you try hovering with the VPS switched off? I had a similar issue the other day while hovering over some uneven dirt ground. Turned of the VPS and it straightened right up.
2017-11-29
Use props
Monika.G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 719281 ft
Poland

Same problem. I can not record the road because the drone escapes up or down or right or left .Additionally, during a straight flight it turns to the left. IMU, Compas, RC calibrated. New firmawre.

First film Inspire 2 pulls to the right without turning by RC:

Second Inspire pulls to the left without using RC:
2017-12-20
Use props
Monika.G
lvl.3
Poland

Other film with my flight log. It`s seems to me that my I2 isn`t straight ahead, flies to the right or left. Dji what do You think about this?

2017-12-22
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Monika.G Posted at 2017-12-22 05:41
Other film with my flight log. It`s seems to me that my I2 isn`t straight ahead, flies to the right or left. Dji what do You think about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFAzobTSKGk

Hi, Monika. Sorry for the late response. Please export the flight data and your DJI account. Please sync the flight record and we can help you check the problem. You can connect your inspire 2 with PC through DJI Assistant 2 to get the data. Thanks for your support.
2017-12-28
Use props
unstoppable
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1039029 ft
Taiwan

I can tell you already by looking at this video this it not normal. The picture should be almost still with only very minor movements, if any at all. Let me make 2 videos - one from the camera and one of the drone in hover and post here (it's raining now so I need to wait).
2017-12-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Wilen, we care much about your feedback and would like to figure it out, flight log is very important for us to locate the problem, we would appreciate if you could export to us.
Besides, we have released the new firmware in 13, Dec, do you have a chance to update it?
2018-1-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Monika.G Posted at 2017-12-22 05:41

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFAzobTSKGk

Hello Monika, thank you for your time to provide us the video, while we need the flight log data which can be exported via DJI Assistant 2, if the problem persists and you are available, please upload to Dropbox or Google Driver and post the link to us, we would much appreciate your assistance.
2018-1-3
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-11-3 07:51
I have the I1 but noticed a few months back that it was wandering while hovering or moving slowly, I did IMU and compass calibrations but this did not help. I had it on my  table next to my desk when I realized the starboard props were leant in slightly more than the port side props, I adjusted them and now she hovers nicely, just thought you may have had the same problem.

Mark G.

Mark, how did you adjust the props?
2018-1-3
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I've noticed that the front and rear props on one side are slightly higher than the others on my I2. Does anyone know how to adjust them?

Thanks
2018-1-3
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-1-3 10:18
Mark, how did you adjust the props?

Hi Lucas,
Loosen the bolt in the pic then rotate the arm.

2018-1-3
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2018-1-3 11:53
Hi Lucas,

Great info right here.

Thanks Mark,
2018-1-3
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-11-3 07:51
I have the I1 but noticed a few months back that it was wandering while hovering or moving slowly, I did IMU and compass calibrations but this did not help. I had it on my  table next to my desk when I realized the starboard props were leant in slightly more than the port side props, I adjusted them and now she hovers nicely, just thought you may have had the same problem.

Mark G.

Just checked my props mine are about .25" to low, hope fully that would help.

Thanks again,
2018-1-3
Use props
Monika.G
lvl.3
Poland

Hi Dji Electra and Dji Mindy. Here You have all the files:

http://uploadfile.pl/pokaz/1325468---5egj.html
http://uploadfile.pl/pokaz/1325472---8bfu.html
http://uploadfile.pl/pokaz/1325475---mjs1.html
http://uploadfile.pl/pokaz/1325499---lrje.html

2018-1-11
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-1-3 18:22
Just checked my props mine are about .25" to low, hope fully that would help.

Thanks again,

Let us know if it helps.

Mark G.
2018-1-11
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2018-1-11 11:18
Let us know if it helps.

Mark G.

Mark, this helped a lot, very stable after re-aligning the props and did an IMU and compass calibration to it.
2018-1-11
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

Mark Guille Posted at 2018-1-3 11:53
Hi Lucas,

Is there a way to do this with the I2?

There are no bolts on the joints, just glue..
2018-1-11
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Altitude Drones Posted at 2018-1-11 23:48
Is there a way to do this with the I2?

There are no bolts on the joints, just glue..

I don't think this is an option with the I2.
2018-1-12
Use props
Blackwood
lvl.4

United States

Has anything come of this since uploading your flight data?  I was at a march this morning and saw 2 mavics and one phantom (all flying illegally in controlled airspace near Barksdale Airforce Base directly over people).  Watching how stable they hovered reminded me of this thread.  It's really aggravating seeing how solid these drones are compared to the very expensive "professional" Inspire 2 that wanders around like a little kid that has to pee.
2018-1-27
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules