688 14 2017-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans61699a75
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

This is a small clip from my recent visit to iceland.
Hope you enjoy it

(you might have to put settings in video to 1080p,somehow it jumps sometimes to a low setting quality)
2017-10-31
Use props
DanbyUrgess
Second Officer
United States

Wow, I think you just broke the Internet. That was amazing!
2017-10-31
Use props
chandavi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 252290 ft
United States

Goodness.......what an incredibly beautiful country and video.   Thank you!!!!
2017-10-31
Use props
Kansas Boy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26145 ft
United States

Great video and subject.
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Impressive!!! It must be a good advertisement of Iceland! Thanks for sharing with us!
2017-10-31
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

nice top pictures
2017-10-31
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Great Shots! Always wanted to go there, such geological and wildlife diversity, will probably be moving from the USA to the UK next summer. It is definitely on my bucket list.
2017-10-31
Use props
15matjan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1158258 ft
  • >>>
Spain

Wonderful video.And inspiring...Thanks for sharing.
What time of the year did you travelled ?I mean is a whale watching season in that area or are permanent whales ?
2017-10-31
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

I was in iceland beginning of october. I think they are there all year around, there is plenty of food for them in the fjord. But in the winter most of the time it will be quite dark . The colors in autumn are very nice.weatherwise unpredictable
2017-10-31
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha fans616,

Nice video.  Good shots of the Humpbacks with your P4 Pro.  Drones are quickly becoming a regular research tool for cetaceans.  I think this population is the one that goes down to the Mediterranean in and outside of Gibraltar, Azores, Madeira and the Cape Verde Islands.  Humpback Whales make the longest migrations of any mammal.  Hawai'i and Mexico split the Alaskan population in their migration.  Sometimes some of them go to Mexico and sometimes some of them decide to come to Hawai'i.  Each whale is identified by the white patterns on their flukes. pectoral fins and their dorsal fin so they know it is the same whale.

It is good to see they are rebounding there to after being so endangered.  They do look like there is plenty to eat!  With winter coming, they should be just about ready to migrate.

Mahalo for sharing the video.  Great shots!  Their diving patterns up there are very different from their diving patterns after they migrate toward the equator, at least as much as your video shows.  Interesting.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Beautiful video!
More than beautiful
2017-11-1
Use props
fans61699a75
First Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the nice comments, it was my first time that i took the p4p outside the netherlands. Really got addicted to scenery iceland. Next trip will be namibia, different kind of nature.
2017-11-1
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Excellent!!!  Really enjoyed watching.
2017-11-1
Use props
CraigR
lvl.3
Australia

Cetacean Posted at 2017-11-1 02:14
Aloha fans616,

Nice video.  Good shots of the Humpbacks with your P4 Pro.  Drones are quickly becoming a regular research tool for cetaceans.  I think this population is the one that goes down to the Mediterranean in and outside of Gibraltar, Azores, Madeira and the Cape Verde Islands.  Humpback Whales make the longest migrations of any mammal.  Hawai'i and Mexico split the Alaskan population in their migration.  Sometimes some of them go to Mexico and sometimes some of them decide to come to Hawai'i.  Each whale is identified by the white patterns on their flukes. pectoral fins and their dorsal fin so they know it is the same whale.

>It is good to see they are rebounding there to after being so endangered.  They do look like there is plenty to eat!

If you start eating them just after they're beginning to rebound aren't they just going to become endangered again?!
2017-11-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

CraigR Posted at 2017-11-1 12:26
>It is good to see they are rebounding there to after being so endangered.  They do look like there is plenty to eat!

If you start eating them just after they're beginning to rebound aren't they just going to become endangered again?!

Aloha Craig,

That was hilarious!  I did not realize how that could be taken two ways (or more!).  Good catch!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules