United States

Haven't tried.
Kinda worried about that warning.
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, do you use an iOS device? Please check if your DJI GO 4 app will also have this error. If yes, then no worries, it is just the false warning, just ignore it now, and our engineer will get it fixed soon.
2017-10-31
Use props
Drone Man
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3896588 ft
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-31 18:12
Just to verify, do you use an iOS device? Please check if your DJI GO 4 app will also have this error. If yes, then no worries, it is just the false warning, just ignore it now, and our engineer will get it fixed soon.

Im using a mini 4,
No warning message in Go, just in Litchi.
2017-10-31
Use props
Drone Man
lvl.4
United States

Does anyone know what "Aircraft Encoder Error"  means ??
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Drone Man Posted at 2017-10-31 18:25

According to your description, it looks like the misinformation. Please keep the aircraft in the sight of line and check the performance first. Please keep us posted of the latest progress, I'll be here for help.
2017-10-31
Use props
UPTGrad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1447884 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi.  Same error here with Litchi on iOS for iPhone 7+.
When I got the Mavic Pro Platinum, I had "Air Encoder Error".  I waited a week to fly.  The new iOS for iPhone made the error go away.  No help from DJI support.
I finally went flying.  I later tried  with Litchi.  I had the same error.  "Aircraft Encoder Error".
I got fed up with the lack of information from DJI, so I sent the Mavic Pro Platinum back.
Too bad.  It seemed like a nice aircraft.   Seems like the iOs update just hid the real internal error.  It flew great under DJI Go 4.
On my videos, I had what appeared to be fast propeller blades moving up and down the full screen.  Very random.
Only about 30% of the time. (Gimbal and cover were off). Since support didn't know what the error was, I had no choice but to  "assume" the worse, and sent it back.
2017-11-1
Use props
Drone Man
lvl.4
United States

Hey guys,
I Xed out the the "Aircraft Encoder Error" message and flew.
No problems, she felt and operated perfect,
I even flew two 11000' waypoint missions.
2017-11-2
Use props
Mickeyboo
lvl.2
United States

I'm using iPad 4 11.1 with Platinum and I've received "Aircraft Encoder Error"  using Litchi update posted today (Nov. 8, 2017)
2017-11-8
Use props
fansdf099539
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40863 ft
United States

Drone Man Posted at 2017-10-31 18:25

It is a software coding error. When the system boots up, there is a "handshake" based on the software between the drone hardware and the video processing system.

The video is encoded and sent to the processor for storage. If the video is not correctly processed by the software, an encoding error occurs.

It is a software/programming glitch.

A wrong line of code.
2017-11-9
Use props
The Wookiee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8924 ft
Australia

I actually have been getting this issue myself lately.

With litchi didn't happen initially.
Litchi sometimes makes the firmware do odd things tho like I sometimes get a mismatch between the RC and the craft which requires firmware update.

I'm thinking about factory reset my Mavic pro and re set the firmware from DJI assistant 2 and see if I get any more issue.
2020-9-21
Use props
Gordon G
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6813868 ft
Australia

Similar problem with my Mavic 2 Pro.

Today I tried to photograph an area across the road for a test, but shortly after Litchi has acquired the video I get the "encoder error" message as seen in post #1 of this thread. The video live stream is still present.
My Mavic 2 Pro is only 4 months old and has been flying perfectly well, now with about 30 hours flying time. I used Litchi for the first time a couple of days ago for an initial test using DJIFlightPlanner then Litchi to cover my front paddock, which worked perfectly well including the return to home finish. The drone has never been crashed.

I then tried to connect with DJI GO4, but it wont connect, ie I never see the GO FLY message. I can connect to video only though.  I'm using a Samsung Android OS phone. FW updates have always been done, the most recent only a few days ago. There were no error messages when I last used it.

If there was any proper fix without having to send my drone away, as I need it for a job in a couple of days, that would be really helpful!

2021-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules