Camera/Gimbal Reset...Again
2468 8 2017-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HyLenz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

Well this is getting kind of old, and a little frustrating. Today, the camera/gimbal just decided to reset to default while recording. It stopped recording and live feed stopped for maybe 5 secs, then the feed came back but the gimbal was set to defaults. that is, i could not tilt the gimbal to +30 deg like it was set. it also switched from video to still camera. I was close by this time, vlos, but this and other weird camera issues have happenned a lot recently. Too much wierdeness makes me nervous...
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

May I know what's the current aircraft, controller and APP version? Please kindly offer some original videos of SD card when the issue occurs, I'd like to help.
2017-10-31
Use props
HyLenz
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-10-31 20:07
May I know what's the current aircraft, controller and APP version? Please kindly offer some original videos of SD card when the issue occurs, I'd like to help.

sry, i meant to include... Mavic Pro latest FW on AC and RC, iPad Mini2 IOS 11.0.3, Go4 4.1.15. This has been happening at random times for the past several months. I will look at the video and try to get a clip, but it really just cuts off...
2017-11-1
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

This Gimbal or Camera reset or Freak Out is happening all over.
It doesn't really matter what FW or App combo you are ON, a lot of users reported this bug already.
So it's really useless @ this point to ask what FW/App you're using; this is a known bug or glitch whatever you want to call it.
The only hope is for the Eng dept to find a solution to this....of course they will not issue a re-call like in a automobile industry....let see, but don''t hold your breath for it.
2017-11-1
Use props
maximeeso
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2657398 ft
United States

Happens to me all the time. If I am taking a very important shot, this greatly increases the chance of this happening.

DJI claims to have fixed it in one of the latest firmware updates... Well....
2017-11-1
Use props
KryptoNyte
lvl.4
United States

Do you realize that for many of us, when this happens, the camera stops recording?  This means that the SD card video probably won't be of much use.

We keep reporting this issue over and over again and it never gets fixed.  This is a really bad issue, and it needs to get fixed once and for all.
2017-11-1
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

Happened once on a week or so ago in mid-flight. Freaked me out hard when it did because I thought the drone just fell out of the sky...
2017-11-1
Use props
HyLenz
Second Officer
United States

video just cuts off. no warning...
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

HyLenz Posted at 2017-11-2 03:04
video just cuts off. no warning...

Noted with thanks! If the issue occurs regularly, please start a case to send it in: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-11-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules