18038 38 2017-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Grace
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Why wait to have the drone you’ve always wanted? Get it now and pay on your own time!

We are pleased to announce that DJI has partnered with Affirm to provide 0% APR financing over 3 or 6 months for all qualified customers applying from Nov 1-20, 2017 (EST). You could buy a Mavic Pro Platinum for $1099, and pay $184/month for 6-months with 0% APR. A down payment may be required.

Those who do not qualify can still be eligible for receive rates from 10-30% APR over 3, 6, or 12 months. In this case, you could buy a Mavic Pro Platinum for $1099, and pay $97/month for 12-months with 10% APR. A down payment may be required.

2.jpg

How does financing through Affirm Work?

1)    Provide your basic information and you’ll get a real-time decision to split your purchase into monthly payments.

2)    Pay your monthly bill via bank transfer, check, or debit card.

3)    There are no gimmicks, deferred interest, or hidden fees. The total you see at checkout is always what you’ll actually pay.

How do I complete an order with Affirm?

Step 1: Add the items you want to your Cart

Step 2: Choose Affirm at checkout

Step 3: Receive your order

Step 4: Make payments over time

It is just as simple as that!

3.jpg

Please Note: Previous purchases are ineligible for this offer. Offer is subject to change at any time. A credit check is required, though checking your eligibility won’t affect your credit score. Affirm loans are made by Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC. See www.affirm.com/faqs for details.

If you meet any difficult during the payment, CLICK HERE to share with us.
2.jpg
2017-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Spending money you don't have.
Always a smart idea.....
2017-11-1
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

let me just find my credit card.......... Ahhh, here it is, swipe it please!

I actually find this to be a great idea. When the new Mav 2 comes out, I can order it, pay for it monthly and have it paid off before it arrives.......... lol, I have jokes. But really, I like this option. Thanks DJI.
2017-11-1
Use props
embayweather
Second Officer
Flight distance : 556667 ft
United Kingdom

Perhaps it needs to be made clear what countries this applies to. Many might get tehir hopes up but find it is not applicable to them.
Good idea though.

2017-11-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What countries is it available in?
2017-11-1
Use props
Maxi3D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 307621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Oh, boy playing with money I don't have. Nice.
2017-11-1
Use props
SafariMan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Not a very smart move...
2017-11-1
Use props
Welsh Mavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 26493 ft
France

Credit is ok as long as you know you can pay back, then it is a contract.  To take on credit though when aware you cannot honor the contract equals a disaster and shame.  Not worth it.
2017-11-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I’m sure all the people opposing to this paid their houses and cars with cash.  Credit is not a bad thing as long as you know how to handle your finances
2017-11-1
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-11-1 12:13
I’m sure all the people opposing to this paid their houses and cars with cash.  Credit is not a bad thing as long as you know how to handle your finances

Except houses and cars are 10 times more expensive (even more for houses) than a drone and are way more important. You can put off not buying a drone if you can't pay it up all at once. If you have problems paying up a drone at once, chances are you're struggling financially and should probably put the money somewhere where it's more necessary.

Drones are toys used by hobbyist and should wait if you'd rather pay monthly, incremental payments. Not giving financial advice, just my $0.02.
2017-11-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

AEM74 Posted at 2017-11-1 16:31
Except houses and cars are 10 times more expensive (even more for houses) than a drone and are way more important. You can put off not buying a drone if you can't pay it up all at once. If you have problems paying up a drone at once, chances are you're struggling financially and should probably put the money somewhere where it's more necessary.

Drones are toys used by hobbyist and should wait if you'd rather pay monthly, incremental payments. Not giving financial advice, just my $0.02.

Remember the country you are living in is built on credit.  I was not giving an advice it was just a fact and don't always assume about other peoples financial well being.
2017-11-1
Use props
AEM74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 332677 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-11-1 16:36
Remember the country you are living in is built on credit.  I was not giving an advice it was just a fact and don't always assume about other peoples financial well being.

Indeed it is. And that sadly is because a lot of people don't know how to manage their finances.

Also, I wasn't saying you were giving financial advice, my last sentence was meant to say that I, personally, am not trying to give it out, just giving out my views.
2017-11-1
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Definitely a good fishing hook.
2017-11-1
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 178018 ft
United States

Agree that drones are toys and should not be bought on credit.
2017-11-1
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

I bought mine this way. Doing very well financially. I’d just rather use this as a credit boost and pay over time. I’ll finance almost anything I want to buy that offers financing and just pay over time. I always have the money to pay it before doing financing, however.
2017-11-1
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

America built on credit.......... Really? Wake up and stop watching you tube videos.
2017-11-1
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

Drones are toys, and toys should not be bought on credit.
2017-11-1
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

I've been a banker for 25 yrs if u can borrow at 0% and put that money into an investment... It can really work for you... Just my 2 cents er 5 cents now with inflation lol
2017-11-1
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

In these times, money on a bank account starts to COST money, instead of givin' interest, not even a 0% financed buy is really a win/win.
But hey, it's X-mas comin' up.
It ment to sell drones, not to have a good hard for consumer.
2017-11-2
Use props
M.C. Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Honestly IMO, if I need to use up credit to buy a copter? I shouldn't buy one. Cash or nothing.
2017-11-2
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2017-11-1 04:02

I actually find this to be a great idea. When the new Mav 2 comes out, I can order it, pay for it monthly and have it paid off before it arrives.......... lol, I have jokes. But really, I like this option. Thanks DJI.

Ah yes a man living in reality ! You may have a promising career in the Futures Market on Wall Street
2017-11-2
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

@quadKid I was kidding of course. But you knew that.
2017-11-2
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

it's 0% interest therefore, as long as finances are in order or that you can afford any debt you may already have it's a good way to buy.
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-1 07:06
What countries is it available in?

currently, it is only available in the USA
2017-11-2
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2017-11-1 04:02

Even though that was a funny joke there is much truth in it...
2017-11-3
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I assume most of us on here have reasonable jobs with reasonable income.  We choose an expensive hobby because most of us probably can afford it, we probably don't drink much, don't smoke much and maybe don't even spend lots of money on expensive family holidays.  So our money is mainly for our fun.  

Now can someone tell me why buying something over 3 or 6 months at absolutely ZERO extra cost would be bad in the above circumstances?
2017-11-4
Use props
DeeD
lvl.1
United States

HomePoint Posted at 2017-11-4 02:38
I assume most of us on here have reasonable jobs with reasonable income.  We choose an expensive hobby because most of us probably can afford it, we probably don't drink much, don't smoke much and maybe don't even spend lots of money on expensive family holidays.  So our money is mainly for our fun.  

Now can someone tell me why buying something over 3 or 6 months at absolutely ZERO extra cost would be bad in the above circumstances?

Everyone has there way of purchasing items, big and small? When u can borrow at 0%, it is a great way to purchase items??? As long as you can mange the commitment over the course of time management has a lot to do with credit management? In a nut shell, what I am saying, it works for many individuals? As long as you fulfill the commitment. I have an 815 + credit score, we are all in our own individual financial situation. I don't believe this should be a financial forum?

Just adding my 2 1/2 cents!
2017-11-4
Use props
HomePoint
Second Officer
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DeeD Posted at 2017-11-4 08:22
Everyone has there way of purchasing items, big and small? When u can borrow at 0%, it is a great way to purchase items??? As long as you can mange the commitment over the course of time management has a lot to do with credit management? In a nut shell, what I am saying, it works for many individuals? As long as you fulfill the commitment. I have an 815 + credit score, we are all in our own individual financial situation. I don't believe this should be a financial forum?

Just adding my 2 1/2 cents!

But you feel that paying £1000 up front is better than paying £1000 in 6 installments at no extra cost?  You say its better for DJI to have your cash than you have it in the bank?  Doesn't make sense.  My example was for people who could afford, not those who cannot.
2017-11-4
Use props
Bigga J
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1493 ft
United Kingdom

HomePoint Posted at 2017-11-4 10:59
But you feel that paying £1000 up front is better than paying £1000 in 6 installments at no extra cost?  You say its better for DJI to have your cash than you have it in the bank?  Doesn't make sense.  My example was for people who could afford, not those who cannot.

Exactly right.
2017-11-7
Use props
Quadified
lvl.2
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-11-1 12:13

So True. As long as you know you can easily make the payments, like you do with your vehicles and homes, why is there harm in it?
2017-11-8
Use props
Quadified
lvl.2
United States

AEM74 Posted at 2017-11-1 16:31

Not all are hobbyists/toys. Many people use them for business purposes as well. Sometimes, for a small fledgling business, a large expensive drone may be hard to afford initially, but can pay for itself within that 6 month window.

As long as credit is used wisely, it is not a bad thing.
2017-11-8
Use props
Quadified
lvl.2
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-11-1 17:41
Agree that drones are toys and should not be bought on credit.

Many people use drones for business these days as well. They are not toys for every person.
2017-11-8
Use props
Quadified
lvl.2
United States

Bulldog Posted at 2017-11-1 20:26
America built on credit.......... Really? Wake up and stop watching you tube videos.

I live in the US, and the majority of people have debt through credit of one sort or another. For me and my wife, it is our Subaru. We did not pay cash for it, but have it financed. We are ahead of payments and it will be paid off a year or more early.

However, many Americans live off their Credit Cards.
2017-11-8
Use props
Quadified
lvl.2
United States

StanfordWebbie Posted at 2017-11-1 20:37
Drones are toys, and toys should not be bought on credit.

For you, it may be a toy. For others it is a self-supporting business.
2017-11-8
Use props
StanfordWebbie
Second Officer
United States

Quadified Posted at 2017-11-8 13:39
For you, it may be a toy. For others it is a self-supporting business.

Yes, that's true.  But quads are also frequently destroyed due to user error. Someone with upcoming payments would likely be very tempted to stop making those payments if their drone was gone.  That said, there are lots of good points on both sides of this thread.  
2017-11-8
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
United States

Quadified Posted at 2017-11-8 13:38
I live in the US, and the majority of people have debt through credit of one sort or another. For me and my wife, it is our Subaru. We did not pay cash for it, but have it financed. We are ahead of payments and it will be paid off a year or more early.

However, many Americans live off their Credit Cards.

Yes my friend, the world works off credit now days, that is how it works. However, America was not built on credit, that is what I was referring to. America was formed  and built off the greatest legislation ever written, the Constitution of America. Credit had nothing to do with it. IMO.
2017-11-9
Use props
SunSetss
lvl.4
Flight distance : 311089 ft
United States

Ahhhh... Keep it Simple... If your responsible with monthly finances... And know your budget limits. Why not go for it and get your prized aircraft. When paid for you'll appreciate it all that more. Great marketing plan for DJI and good for all drone hobbiest.
2017-11-14
Use props
CineView Media
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Grace Posted at 2017-11-2 17:51
currently, it is only available in the USA

That means the forum mostly consist of people from USA, since such a vital information wasnt included in the OP?
2017-11-15
Use props
DJI Grace
Administrator
  • >>>
Hong Kong

CineView Media Posted at 2017-11-15 11:31
That means the forum mostly consist of people from USA, since such a vital information wasnt included in the OP?

Actually, I share some great information here, intending to benefit our users here. I really think it is great and cost-efficient. Moreover, if there is information only available in other region or area but really good and helpful, I would like to share it here as well.
We are devoted to improving the community into a friendly and helpful area for our DJI owners and those like DJI or even some people may just be interest in DJI, we all warm welcome!
So thank you for your comment and really appreciated your understanding here. If you have more ideas or advice, please contact me and all are warmly welcomed!
2017-11-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules