1542 34 2017-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 100220 ft
Canada

Didn't know if it should go under P3S or Go App but here is whats happening

Go to fly P3S today and I noticed the gimbal status is "disconnected" and unable to get the camera view and telematry on the Samsung Galaxy A, so I tried the back up Samsung Galaxy which has only Litchi on it and same thing. (both of these Samsung gave no internet and are only loaded with DJI GO and the other Litchi and have worked flawlessly for 8 months).
I then turned on my Mavic and down loaded the DJI GO 4 on one of the tablets and all was fine. I then hooked up the other tablet with Litchi and it was fine.
I then turned in my Sony experia Z and turned on the Mavic and both the DJI GO 4 app and Litchi worked fine but when I hooked up the P3S to the Sony... The DJI GO app worked (unlike the tablets which did not) even with the gimbal noted as disconnected.
So what's going on that the tablets won't connect to the P3S ( but does to the Mavic)
I AM CONFUSED..... HELP!

2017-10-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Have you checked the approved device list DJI have provided?

That's a great place to begin, when purchasing a new device to pair with your drone.

RedHotPoker
2017-10-31
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha slayer,

The Mavic uses DJI GO 4, the P3 Standard uses DJI GO.  The P3 Series Aircraft will not work with the DJI GO 4 app.   The recent upgrade for the DJI GO app on my Samsung TabPro gives me a red "Disconnected" indication under the Gimbal Status for my P3 Pro but the gimbal works just fine.  Hmm.

My plan is to uninstall and reinstall the new DJI GO app on my Samsung TabPro tablet just to see if the "Disconnected" warning will go away.  You might want to do the same since your camera view does not load.  Whatever happens, it is an indication that DJI GO is outgrowing my Samsung TabPro and I will soon have to buy a better tablet.  I am looking at the ASUS ZenPad 3S 9.7" for less than $300. My Samsung TabPro was over $400 two years ago.

BTW, I took Litchi off my Samsung TabPro because it would barely work.  The times they are a changin.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

If it is the gimbal disconnected, please try to replug the 8 pin cables which connect the gimbal board and the drone, or check if you need to update your Phantom 3 Sta firmware, also please try to remove the SD card and connect the app again. But if you can control the gimbal well and the transmission also work, it might be a false message. If that doesn't work, please provide the screenshot of the app, we will like to check.
2017-11-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-1 00:43
If it is the gimbal disconnected, please try to replug the 8 pin cables which connect the gimbal board and the drone, or check if you need to update your Phantom 3 Sta firmware, also please try to remove the SD card and connect the app again. But if you can control the gimbal well and the transmission also work, it might be a false message. If that doesn't work, please provide the screenshot of the app, we will like to check.

Aloha Thor,

That is good advice for my P3 Pro also.  I will give it a try.

Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Cetacean Posted at 2017-11-1 01:05
Aloha Thor,

That is good advice for my P3 Pro also.  I will give it a try.

I got news from the engineers, it is confirmed that it is a false warning that Android devices with v3.1.18. No worries.  
2017-11-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-1 02:51
I got news from the engineers, it is confirmed that it is a false warning that Android devices with v3.1.18. No worries.

Aloha Thor,

Mahalo for the help!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-1
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Something is being lost in the translation here so I will try to explain again

I use 3 devises , a Sony Experia Z cell phone and 2 different Samsung Galaxy A tablets
I have flown over 50 flights over 8 months (or so) and never had , not one shut down.No soft or hard crashes with the P3S
All wires appear attached on the gimble and legs

As of Oct 31,2017 (halloweeen ....owwwww lol)
With the Phantom 3 Std   -  The DJI Go app crashes after a min or so ,using the Samsung tablets.
                                                 The Dji Go works fine with the Sony cell phone
                                                 The Dji Go has a gimbal disconnect notification while utilizing both the Sony cell phone and Samsung tablets (which dji has said it will be corrected next firmware update)

Just a note when using the same devises (my Sony Experia Z and Samsung Galaxy A tablets)  with my Mavic , with the DJI GO 4, everything works fine , no shut downs and no nottificationss on the Sony or Samsung devises and life is fine !

Question is ;  Why after many flights and months of flying my P3S flawlessly, is the Dji Go App (and not the DJI GO 4 APP) now crashing every time on my Samsung tablets , only while operating my P3S  ?
Is it possible the crashes are also due to the "gimbal disconnect" firmware update correction needed ?

Thanks again

2017-11-1
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-10-31 23:22
Have you checked the approved device list DJI have provided?

That's a great place to begin, when purchasing a new device to pair with your drone.

Hi Red Hot Poker

The devises I use are not new been using then since I got my P3S , for over 40 flights and all my distances put on , even threw the mountains , now I can't even use the Samsung tablets to start the engine of the P3S ......thinking it might be resolved with the pending firmware update slated to correct gimbel disconnect or should say "hope it resolves it"
2017-11-1
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-1 02:51

Maybe you could ask them if its crashing the Samsung Galaxy A tablets ......Thanks !
2017-11-1
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-1 00:43

Thanks for checking into this with your engineers , I guess I shouldn't follow these instructions for now . Thanks again. Unless, would this cause my Samsung tablets to crash ?
2017-11-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-11-1 09:40
Hi Red Hot Poker

The devises I use are not new been using then since I got my P3S , for over 40 flights and all my distances put on , even threw the mountains , now I can't even use the Samsung tablets to start the engine of the P3S ......thinking it might be resolved with the pending firmware update slated to correct gimbel disconnect or should say "hope it resolves it"

It's difficult to discuss future firmware updates that haven't been released yet.

Ah, & DJI often release new versions without full disclosure of contents within...

So it's a wait and see situation. But we have full faith that any issue will all be corrected with updates.

Too bad, it often takes several weeks to months between those important updates..,  

RedHotPoker
2017-11-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-11-1 09:36

I use 3 devises , a Sony Experia Z cell phone and 2 different Samsung Galaxy A tablets

Aloha Slayer,

Every time the new DJI apps are released there is an increase in demands for the devices that run those apps.  Rarely does this not happen and I have not been witness to it in any DJI app upgrade.

The mantra is - new upgrade, more demands on the devices that run the upgrades.  This makes existing devices unable to run the new upgrades after a period of a number of new apps and upgrades.

I can see this happening with my Samsung TabPro.  It already happened when DJI GO 4 was weaned off of the DJI GO app when the P4 Series came out.  It happened when DJI GO came out and replaced DJI Pilot.  I have never flown with a DJI approved device, but non-approved devices work as long as they can keep up with DJI's cutting edge technology.

Cutting edge technology increases demands on whatever hardware technology there is that runs the cutting edge software and peripheral technology, like our Phantom Systems.  The cutting edge technoplogy is only possible because the new hardware is able to run the new software.  This makes existing technology get old and in need of replacement.  This has been going on for decades now.  That is why there are always new processors, memory, storage devices and their computer systems coming out and new software that can be run on those computers.  If you want to run old software on a Windows 10 computer, you have to enable the "Legacy" option for that old software.

Your best bet is to freeze your system in time if you can.  But eventually, you will not be able to fly anymore.

Sorry.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-1
Use props
RADROCKET
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1110827 ft
United States

I am assuming you double checked that you are connected to the phantom's wifi ?
2017-11-1
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

RADROCKET Posted at 2017-11-1 16:18
I am assuming you double checked that you are connected to the phantom's wifi ?

Yes I was attached to the drones wifi
2017-11-1
Use props
LiViA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45876 ft
United States

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-11-1 09:36

That's what you get when you slavishly download every new update when it comes out.  Go find the last version that worked well with your bird,wipe your device and install it.  You are aware DJI makes money selling drones, so if they don't cleverly make yours obsolete, you won't have to buy another one.  This is the last DJI I'll own for these and other reasons all having to do with the DJI attitude toward their customers.  Walmart is selling Phantom 3 std. for $500 although DJI has quit supporting them.  That's pure BS.
2017-11-1
Use props
LiViA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45876 ft
United States

DJI can't sell you a new one if your old one is still flying, that's why.  Walmart is still selling 3 standards for 500 bucks and DJI doesn't support them anymore.  That's a dirty trick and when DJI drives my bird into the ground, you can bet your bottom I'm not buying another DJI product.  I never update for the reasons you found out the hard way
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-11-1 09:44
Thanks for checking into this with your engineers , I guess I shouldn't follow these instructions for now . Thanks again. Unless, would this cause my Samsung tablets to crash ?

For the crashing issue, had you tried to reinstall the app? Coz Sansumg Galaxy A is not the suggested device, so now maybe you need to try to clear all the cache and install it again. Or you can wait for the next app's update. Thank you for your understanding.
2017-11-1
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Thor, I have used my Samsungs for 8 months flawlessly until a week ago when I got the "gimbal disconnected" notice,  after the last update.I have installed and reinstalled the app over 10 times and no luck, but haven't cleared the cache.. Will give it a try.Thanks
LiVia makes a point that makes me really pay attention to. I hope it's not true because in addition to the P3S, I but batteries, props and 2 new tablets to run the P3S. And, just recently a Mavic.. I sure hope I won't regret it all
2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-11-2 20:30
Thor, I have used my Samsungs for 8 months flawlessly until a week ago when I got the "gimbal disconnected" notice, hast after the last update, I have installed and reinstalled the app over 10 times and no luck, but haven't cleared the cache.. Will give it a try.Thanks
LiVia makes a point that makes me really pay attention to. I hope it's not true because in addition to the P3S, I but batteries, props and 2 new tablets to run the P3S. And, just recently a Mavic.. I sure hope I won't regret it all

There is no point in deleting and reinstalling your app, if you don't delete all internet cache and cookies, first, before you reboot the device to download that app again.

It doesn't work that way, to correct some problem within... You need a clean slate.

Hopefully this will get you back in the air. A happy pilot.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-2
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-1 23:19
For the crashing issue, had you tried to reinstall the app? Coz Sansumg Galaxy A is not the suggested device, so now maybe you need to try to clear all the cache and install it again. Or you can wait for the next app's update. Thank you for your understanding.

Also, keep in mind the DJI GO 4 (with my Mavric) works fine on the same tablet and does not crash.
But, the DJI GO (with my P3S) crashes withing a min of being opened. first I get the colored screen then it turns grey then it crashes. I have deleted the cache and same thing. But Red Hot Poker suggests I also delete the cookies,which I am going to also do and then uninstall and reinstall the DJI GO app. Thanks
2017-11-2
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-2 21:29
There is no point in deleting and reinstalling your app, if you don't delete all internet cache and cookies, first, before you reboot the device to download that app again.

It doesn't work that way, to correct some problem within... You need a clean slate.

Like I said to Thor had deleted the cache and after reinstall same disappointment. I haven't deleted the cookies so going to do that and reinstall ... sure hope it works .

Wonder why the DJI GO 4 app works fine on the tablet , yet the DJI GO app crashes ........ any thoughts on that ?
2017-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-11-2 21:46
Like I said to Thor had deleted the cache and after reinstall same disappointment. I haven't deleted the cookies so going to do that and reinstall ... sure hope it works .

Wonder why the DJI GO 4 app works fine on the tablet , yet the DJI GO app crashes ........ any thoughts on that ?

Are you running both drones on the same device?

Not sure, but perhaps those might be confusing the device, & that's only a wild guess.

Delete both Internet cache & cookies, before you start fresh.

RedHotPoker
2017-11-2
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-11-2 21:46

Make sure you force stop both apps prior to opening them. They dont play well with both in memory.
Good luck.
2017-11-3
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-11-2 23:13
Rare you running both sold on the same device?

Not sure, but perhaps those might be confusing the device, & that's only a wild guess.

Deleted the cache, cookies and force stopped the DJI GO 4 ....any more hoops to jump !
Didn't Work , still tunes up get the camera pic and telemetry and then the screens go grey and
CRASHES !!

This is ridiculous , I have waisted $400 bucks on two tables  (never mind 900 bucks on a P3S and batteries I cant use) that work and then 8 months later they don't.
I have Boat electronics that have worked for over 10 years with (GPS,Chart blotter, Radar etc) costing me less. NMot one firm update or hardware updates and it runsas well as the day I purchased it. perfect !  ......
So,  Why all the problems with DJI products, Very frustrated .......
Considering returning and selling out , can't keep up with the hardware costs required yearly , grrrrrr
(Sorry for Venting but really .......)
2017-11-3
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-1 23:19

Deleted the cache, cookies and force stopped the DJI GO 4 ....any more hoops to jump !
Didn't Work , still tunes up get the camera pic and telemetry and then the screens go grey and
CRASHES !!

This is ridiculous , I have waisted $400 bucks on two tables  (never mind 900 bucks on a P3S and batteries I cant use) that work and then 8 months later they don't.
I have Boat electronics that have worked for over 10 years with (GPS,Chart blotter, Radar etc) costing me less. NMot one firm update or hardware updates and it runsas well as the day I purchased it. perfect !  ......
So,  Why all the problems with DJI products, Very frustrated .......
Considering returning and selling out , can't keep up with the hardware costs required yearly , grrrrrr
(Sorry for Venting but really .......)
2017-11-3
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Double Trouble.. This has to be frustrating for you. I can't think of anything else for a suggestion to try.

Unless an update of firmware or a new app are helpful, I'm stumped.
But not giving up. Still with you here, looking for an alternative fix.

RedHotPoker

2017-11-3
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Thanks Bud but looks like I'm grounded on that tablets until next firmware update maybe and if that doesn't help well I've been thinking I'll continue flying until my op systems are able to work, once they are elliminate maybe time to sell them until I'm out all together, just can't see buying new phones, tablets or even crystals to support drones every 8 months.... But thanks for your help!
2017-11-3
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

I found out today my phone is actually a Sony experia X, because I found my old phone and it's the experia Z, so I figured.. Hell give it a try and I'll be dammed GO App works fine and no crash on it so even an old Sony supports the Go App and the tablets Samsung don't.... But the tablets will support the Dji Go 4 app... Really strange
2017-11-4
Use props
Nige
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30377 ft
United Kingdom

I had the same status after a recent update to the Dji app,gimball disconnected and no video feed on my samsung note 3 which I have used since I purchased my Phantom 3 std 2 years ago, it was driving me crazy so I tried calibrating the gimball and resetting the camera back to factory settings still no joy, I eventually got the connection back after rebooting the Dji go app a couple  of times, hopefully this will be sorted out soon.
2017-11-5
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Ya I'm thinking it's a Samsung or dji issue so guess I have to put the tablets away, maybe dji is cutting out the tablets slowly so we are forced into buying crystal... Just doesn't make sense that a tablet would work for a yr and two years for u then NOT... O Well use my cell phone until it's restricted and time to sell out for me. Getting impossible to fly in western Canada anyway. Good luck with you future flights!!
2017-11-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Salmonslayer Posted at 2017-11-3 08:40
CRASHES !!

I can feel your pain, Salmonslayer. Since the new app which solved the gimbal disconnect issue had released, please update to that version, and you can also check if it will crash on your tablet.
2017-11-8
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Thor are u talking about vir 3.1.22?
2017-11-8
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

The gimbal disconnected notification is gone but it still crashed a few times. Going to try it a few more times and let you know Thanks for help
2017-11-8
Use props
Salmonslayer
lvl.4
Canada

Well, it continues to crash, I uninstalled and reinstalled. I start up the app it starts up then,
It sets the home point, then,The camera view goes from color to a grey (this is also during the map being up loaded), then, the screen disconnects and crashes... Darn not again.
I didn't clear the cach after the reinstall maybe I should try that?
2017-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules