HEAD TRACKING FOR PHANTOM 4 PRO+?????
2462 9 2017-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zuzkarory
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

I understand that head tracking works on the phantom 4 pro, but the phantom 4 pro +?

Has this been added via firmware? Seems like totally unfair for those of us who gave the extra money for the pro+ version to then be denied the full use of the goggles due to a restriction of head tracking not working via hdmi. Has this been fixed/added via firmware?

Thanks for your replies!!!!!!!!!!
2017-10-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You can try to use a USB cable to connect the RC and Goggles, make sure all the firmware are on the latest version. HDMI only supports image transmission, doesn't have Head Tracking function.
2017-11-1
Use props
joeyB106
lvl.2

United States

On my P4P head tracking doesn't work at all.
2017-11-2
Use props
zuzkarory
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

So basically even though I paid extra for the Phantom 4 pro +, now I'm getting screwed as that doesn't support head tracking even though the cheaper phantom 4 pro does? Thor? Is that right?
2017-11-5
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

zuzkarory Posted at 2017-11-5 21:02
So basically even though I paid extra for the Phantom 4 pro +, now I'm getting screwed as that doesn't support head tracking even though the cheaper phantom 4 pro does? Thor? Is that right?

Even the below scheme from the manual list P4P Series among the ones able to have almost all functions i am not sure the regular P4P are able to control the AC or if that is among the "To Come" ones.
goggle2.png

But For sure the + ones also lean toward the minus end when it comes to the Goggles. As i like to claim, the + must stand for added limitations.
goggle1.png

2017-11-21
Use props
Giammi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 847795 ft
Italy

It works. I have a Phantom 4 Pro Plus and it works perfectly. You only need to update to latest firmware both Goggles and Drone+RC.
2018-1-22
Use props
BigBlueTsunami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 503635 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ditto on the “it works” You have to be connected with the USB cable, not the HDMI. The manual isn’t clear on this, but it does work with the P4P+ controller.

Jeff
2018-1-22
Use props
Jbundy63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 9583182 ft
  • >>>
United States

Head tracking works on mine as well!
2018-2-21
Use props
JamesWhenman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 426375 ft

It does seem like only the Mavic Pro supports wireless interfacing, something I did not know before I bought the goggles.
2018-3-29
Use props
frosty1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492211 ft
United Kingdom

JamesWhenman Posted at 2018-3-29 07:10
It does seem like only the Mavic Pro supports wireless interfacing, something I did not know before I bought the goggles.

yes I totally agree when I bought my head set I thought the way the adverts read it was a wireless system to suit my phantom pro 4 + nothing I read that it didn't very disappointed
2018-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules