prompt for precision landing on take-off
1102 6 2017-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
atrsd
lvl.1
United States

I have a P4P+ with latest firmware on RC and drone.

Sometimes I take off using the "take off" icon on the touchscreen.

Today, just ONCE, never before, and never again, while taking off through the take off icon, the RC prompted me asking if I wanted to take off to 6 meters, taking a photo to later allow precision landing.

Normally it just takes off to 4ft and doesn't ask this question.

WHAT HAPPENED and how can I get this option again ?!?!?!?!

2017-10-31
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Ask the Wish Fairy very nicely
2017-11-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha atrsd,

If you touch the clickbox for Precision Landing and are taking off from a flat well defined location, you will get the prompt for Precision Landing.  You may have accidentally touched in the clickbox.  I have a 15" X 15" X 15" take-off plastic table and when I enable the Precision Landing, it acts like it will do just fine landing on that table - until it returns!  Then I get a "not gonna happen" upon returning.  It is just too small.

DJI sells some foldable circular landing pads that have about a two foot diameter.  I am sure that these will work because they lay flat on the ground for your landing.

You probably accidentally touched the clickbox and it did its routine.  Try it again and see if it works again.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, had you enabled Precision Landing on Vision Navigating Settings? Please check it on the app. Besides, please make sure that you have fine GPS signal at that time.
2017-11-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-11-1 00:25
Just to verify, had you enabled Precision Landing on Vision Navigating Settings? Please check it on the app. Besides, please make sure that you have fine GPS signal at that time.

Aloha Thor,

Good catch, I forgot about the General Settings option.  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-11-1
Use props
djiuser_OZNVKfo8i1A6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85417 ft

I have pop vs and won'the work with Litchi or done deploy   not good
2018-7-15
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Make sure you wait long enough for Mrs DJI to say you are good to go, then the box will appear to tick, it needs a good sat lock  and the P4P takes quite some time to acquire this
2018-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules