No USB connectivity of two RC
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Technikfan
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,

Introducing:
I'am a 35yo guy from germany with a little bit of technical knowledge.

I have bought a used Inspire 1 with two remotes.
The guy i bought says, the camera has an defect, he thinks the ribbon cable is broken.
So i repaired the ribbon cable and now trying to get connection.

At first one of the two RCs connected to the AC. I was able to lift up the landing gear.
But i got no connection to my IOS mobile device.

I have a big problem with a used inspire 1 with two controls.
Both of the controls (GL658A) won't have any USB conection functionality.
This means I get no connection to the app using several IOS devices with several cables.
For my understanding, the remote has also to connect to the app with the AC off ?
And if i put in a USB thumb drive, there should be written a log file on it by the RC ? Is this correct ?

2017-11-1
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Do you know what firmware you have on the RC and AC? Also, what app version do you have?

Mark G.
2017-11-1
Use props
Technikfan
lvl.1

Germany

Hello Mark,

thanks for the quick answer.
this is exactly one of my problems, i can't read the firmware versions from both RCs because i get no usb connection.
Or is there another way to find out the version without app ?
The AC i have update to the V01.11.01.50.
2017-11-1
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

Technikfan Posted at 2017-11-1 10:33
Hello Mark,

thanks for the quick answer.

You have the latest firmware on the AC.
The thumb-drive is no longer used, the RC is now updated via the app.
What IOS devices are you using?
2017-11-1
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Jersey

It's odd that both RC's are having the same issue, it seems more likely, the USB cable is the problem. If the IOS devices are not powerful enough, this could also be an issue. I would suggest you try a new USB cable.
2017-11-1
Use props
Technikfan
lvl.1

Germany

I have tried Different lightning cables. Also iphone 7, Ipad 2/3, iPad Pro...!
But the update i have done has only effected the AC i think. I dont think the RC has a newer firmware without usb thumb funcionality. But i cant See the version of the RC
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If the firmware of RC is lower than V1.3.0, the RC will need to be updated to V1.3.0 via thumb drive firstly and then update to the latest version via the APP.
Since we cannot check the current firmware of RC, you can try to download V1.3.0 into thumb drive to see if there is any response.

The reason of ''Disconnected'' may lie in the cable, mobile device, and the USB port of RC. If the RC hasn't been used for a very long time, it is possible the USB port got damaged.

Another suggestion, please try to reset the RC via the following method: press the C1+C2+Shutter button, and turn off and turn on the RC at the same time. After resetting, the indicator of the remote controller should be red.

Please keep us updated if it works.
2017-11-1
Use props
Technikfan
lvl.1

Germany

Hello DJI Mindy,

Thanks for all the tips.
I have read nearly all the threads about the topic „Firmware and usb connection Problems before i Write my post.

So i have tried many ways to Update my RC including the versions 1.3 and 1.6 from Donnie.
No Version worked from the USB Thumb.

So i have a few Important questions for my understanding:

1. When i put in an USB Thumb drive with FW Version 1.3 or 1.6, should the RC Write a log file in it ?
2. When I tried to reset RC with the 4 button method, i here a D-DD and After powering on again only a short D and the red led is shortly off and than on again.
I dont recognize any other effects.
Is this correct?
2017-11-1
Use props
Technikfan
lvl.1

Germany

Solved! Changed the HDMI module and now it works.

Thanks a lot for help
2017-11-30
Use props
Highasakite
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

Nice jobTechnikfan, That was a quick job!  Was it easy to replace the module? Where did you purchase the new part? Thank you! Ken.  
2017-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules